GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be Ottawa's next GM?

+16
dennycrane
Sens4thecup
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
SDH89
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The countdown to the end of Murray's tenure as GM is undoubtedly on. I'm not sure he'll survive the month, let alone the year.

So, who'll be the next GM of the Sens? And this is one of the most important moves in our history IMO, there are some TOUGH decisions to be made.

We need someone to come in who has NO ties to this team to make some of the tough moves (like trading Fisher - which I can't wait for, trading Phillips at the deadline).

We also need someone who understands the blueprint of a winning team and can mix in the talent coming up with UFA talent and talent that can be acquired via trade.

Who'll it be?

The candidates I can think of are:

Neil Smith
Jay Feaster
Doug Riseborough
Paul Fenton
Jarmo Kekalainen
Pierre McGuire
Jim Nill (interesting one here, assistant to Ken Holland in Detroit)
Tim Murray (although, I think we need a real change)
LONGSHOT: Mark Messier

2Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think if Tim Murray comes in it's a signal of status quou because chances are Murray moves to an "advisor" roll and will be in Tim's ear all the time. Even if B. Murray isn't in his ear they're cut from the same cloth and we'll be stuck with more of the same I'm afraid. Feaster is an interesting idea though. Or Nill if you think you can get some of that Red Wings mojo out of the signing.

- Unknown Author

3Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

We already missed out on my 2 favorites: Stevie Y and Dale Tallon.

I don't think the Red Wings will part with any of their staff, although Holland was resigned long term so little chance of any promotions in that organization. Still it took quite a bit of persuasion and money to pry Yzerman from there so I imagine they're all very loyal to the Wings so it would be tough.

Risebrough hasn't done much post lockout and got canned by the wild. Same deal with Smith.

Pierre McGuire is an idiot, he'd trade half the team for Phaneuf.

I don't think Messier has the skill or experience to be a GM (not yet anyway).

Feaster is GM in waiting when Sutter gets sacked.

Jarmo and Fenton look like the only intriguing choices.

4Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:32 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

the guy from nashville or detroit. I was aboard the Tim Murray train but I'm in agreement now, this team needs a fresh outlook and a different philosophy already.

Thank you Murrays for stockpiling the prospect pool, but that doesn't mean you were perfect (terrible in trading, UFAs, cap management)

5Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 am

Michallica wrote:the guy from nashville or detroit. I was aboard the Tim Murray train but I'm in agreement now, this team needs a fresh outlook and a different philosophy already.

Thank you Murrays for stockpiling the prospect pool, but that doesn't mean you were perfect (terrible in trading, UFAs, cap management)

Bryan pulled off one of the biggest trades of all time. Luongo and Jokenin for Parrish and Kvasha or some junk like that.

6Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The succession plan was in place prior to Murray but they F'd it up and let Chiarelli walk on over to Boston.

- Unknown Author

7Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:39 am

If they gave it to Pierre McGuire I don't think I could cheer for the sens.

8Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:39 am

SpezDispenser wrote:The countdown to the end of Murray's tenure as GM is undoubtedly on. I'm not sure he'll survive the month, let alone the year.

So, who'll be the next GM of the Sens? And this is one of the most important moves in our history IMO, there are some TOUGH decisions to be made.

We need someone to come in who has NO ties to this team to make some of the tough moves (like trading Fisher - which I can't wait for, trading Phillips at the deadline).

We also need someone who understands the blueprint of a winning team and can mix in the talent coming up with UFA talent and talent that can be acquired via trade.

Who'll it be?

Neil Smith
Jay Feaster
Doug Riseborough
DirtyDave
Paul Fenton
Jarmo Kekalainen
Pierre McGuire

You forgot one.. see above.

9Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The countdown to the end of Murray's tenure as GM is undoubtedly on. I'm not sure he'll survive the month, let alone the year.

Who'll it be?

Neil Smith
Jay Feaster
Doug Riseborough
DirtyDave
Paul Fenton
Jarmo Kekalainen
Pierre McGuire

I also thought of that guy but he can't even finish one season before flaking out and resigning. I wouldn't trust that guy personally. He did do some nice things for his most recent team but no way I want a guy for less than a quarter of a season.

- Unknown Author

10Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:42 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

Who'll it be?

Neil Smith
Jay Feaster
Doug Riseborough
DirtyDave
Paul Fenton
Jarmo Kekalainen
Pierre McGuire

I also thought of that guy but he can't even finish one season before flaking out and resigning. I wouldn't trust that guy personally. He did do some nice things for his most recent team but no way I want a guy for less than a quarter of a season.

zing. To easy to pass up eh, clutch?

11Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The succession plan was in place prior to Murray but they F'd it up and let Chiarelli walk on over to Boston.

The Cuss ups started when they let Jarmo Kekalainen et al walk to make room for young Mucks. Having said that it's pretty obvious that The Name Dropper will be the next Sens GM.

With both the GM and coach's contracts expiring simultaneously we're seeing perfect conditions for a house cleaning that will see a new GM with a clean slate to bring in his "own people".

Bookez-le!

12Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

Who'll it be?

Neil Smith
Jay Feaster
Doug Riseborough
DirtyDave
Paul Fenton
Jarmo Kekalainen
Pierre McGuire

How could one not jump all over that?

- Unknown Author

13Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Added: Dirty Dave.

14Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:47 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Pierre McGuire would be handy to coerce players into waiving their NMC. Imagine the creepy bastard sidling up to players while they're taking a shower - heavy on get me fnck out of here!

15Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:48 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

Who'll it be?

Neil Smith
Jay Feaster
Doug Riseborough
DirtyDave
Paul Fenton
Jarmo Kekalainen
Pierre McGuire

How could one not jump all over that?

That's what she said.

I bet I could take the worst team in that league right now and turn them completely around. I'm that good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum