GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be Ottawa's next GM?

+16
dennycrane
Sens4thecup
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
SDH89
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

46Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

I'm surprised that more people aren't going with Messier for GM. He may have little to no experience, but I'm sure he'll keep players accountable. Not to mention a draw prospective FAs come the offseason.

47Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:McGUire as well!

For the simple reason that he'll never trade any of our good prospects for crap, like a Muckler would do at the trade deadline.
Another fact: He's watched too many NHL games so he knows a looooooot of players.

Can you imagine, the Sens GM going on TGOR every morning and taking fans' questions every wednesday? Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 159628

I hope our next GM uses Twitter!

48Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Bring in Wayne Gretzky!

All seriousness aside, I would talk to Nashville and see if I could get permission to talk to David Poile.

Jim Nill is an interesting choice. He cut his teeth in Ottawa as a scout before going to Detroit, so Ottawa may have a real shot at landing him.

49Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Sens4thecup wrote:I'm surprised that more people aren't going with Messier for GM. He may have little to no experience, but I'm sure he'll keep players accountable. Not to mention a draw prospective FAs come the offseason.

There's more to it than that though. He just doesn't have any experience in the NHL, not even as an assistant.

50Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:41 pm

You could probably add Darcy Regier to the list. Buffalo could be making wholesale changes too, even moreso if they are sold.

51Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:59 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Surprised with the McGuire love, there's a reason he's been out of the league so long, imo.

Would love to get Poile out of Nashville but that would never happen, so Fenton is a good consolation prize for sure.

Sisn't know Nill had ties to Ottawa so it might be a call worth making.

52Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:18 pm

stempniaksen wrote:Surprised with the McGuire love, there's a reason he's been out of the league so long, imo.

Would love to get Poile out of Nashville but that would never happen, so Fenton is a good consolation prize for sure.

Poile is a long shot no doubt, but like you said, it might be a call worth making. He may want to GM a team that spends to the cap.

53Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:i vote for spezD to be the next GM... Sarcasm

Damn that would be sweet. Ahhhhh!

54Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Surprised with the McGuire love, there's a reason he's been out of the league so long, imo.

Poile is a long shot no doubt, but like you said, it might be a call worth making. He may want to GM a team that spends to the cap.
my thought exactly. but why would they let us talk to him? i'm sure they do not want him to leave, he's been keeping that team stocked for 10 mill under the cap for years. imagine what he could do unleashed.

what are the rules about trying to snipe another teams GM?

poile would probably top my list. i'm not sure i'd want mcguire, he seems to hate the sens whenever he comments on the team. maybe it's a love/hate relationship?

55Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
hemlock wrote:

my thought exactly. but why would they let us talk to him? i'm sure they do not want him to leave, he's been keeping that team stocked for 10 mill under the cap for years. imagine what he could do unleashed.

poile would probably top my list. i'm not sure i'd want mcguire, he seems to hate the sens whenever he comments on the team. maybe it's a love/hate relationship?
What you call hating the Sens is why I think he would be a decent choice. You perceive viewpoints as animosity towards Ottawa when it has become quite apparent over the last couple of years that he just sees the team for what it is. I would be quite intrigued to hear what his plans would be for this team. That's one interview I would love to hear.

56Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd love to hear that interview as well. I bet he'd give a whole laundry list of things he would like to do to perk up this organization.

I think he might be the wildcard in the race for GM - assuming it's not gonna be Tim Murray - who I still think would be a decent choice.

57Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:16 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

Not so sure about that to be honest, he's got absolutely incredible job security in Nashville and he might not wanna leave that.

How often do teams snipe away GM's? I know Toronto got Burke but other than that how often does it happen?

58Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Here is Melnyk's next hire as GM, possibly in February: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/4136/la_id/1.htm

Not an endorsment, just who I think Melnyk would go after.

59Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:56 pm

dennycrane wrote:Here is Melnyk's next hire as GM, possibly in February: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/4136/la_id/1.htm

Not an endorsment, just who I think Melnyk would go after.

His name came up after Mlakar left his position. Obviously they went with Leeder, but this could be a darkhorse pick yes.

60Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:25 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

As an NHL GM though? Smart guy obviously, but I would be more comfortable with him in a more hands-off role.

61Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:56 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I'd love to hear that interview as well. I bet he'd give a whole laundry list of things he would like to do to perk up this organization.

I think he might be the wildcard in the race for GM - assuming it's not gonna be Tim Murray - who I still think would be a decent choice.

If the season continues to go like it is, there's zero chance that Melnyk hands the job over to TM - he'll want a fresh face and a new start.

62Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:38 am

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
hemlock wrote:

What you call hating the Sens is why I think he would be a decent choice. You perceive viewpoints as animosity towards Ottawa when it has become quite apparent over the last couple of years that he just sees the team for what it is. I would be quite intrigued to hear what his plans would be for this team. That's one interview I would love to hear.

I don't know.. why hasn't McGuire been picked up by another team. And just cause a GM may want to do something with a team doesn't mean it's going to happen. If McGuire came in I doubt he'd have free run of the organization like Murray seems to.. so that would be crap, another GM that doesn't do anything.

63Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we're starting to look like the Edmonton Oilers of the East in terms of being an undesirable destination for big name players.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum