GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be Ottawa's next GM?

+16
dennycrane
Sens4thecup
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
SDH89
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

91Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Murray's been around so I'm betting that he knows that too. Either Murray saves his own neck with a trade or The Gene cleans house. One of the two will happen. Real soon.

I'd bet on the Gene walking into the Sens offices with pink slips in hand then. There's no way Murray can even pull off a trade now, much less a trade that fixes the team.

By the time he can pull a deal off, it'll be near the end of the season when it's too late.

92Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:03 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I've been Murray's biggest supporter but even I am starting to think it'd be nice to have some new bold blood in place (and not the nephew either).

I think we need to create a senior advisor position for Bryan or we just put him in charge of scouting which is something he's tremendous at.

93Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
If Murray goes to Melnyk and says: "I'm letting Clouston go." The Gene will say "No you're not, I'm letting you go." True story.

I'll drink to that Beer

Murray's been around so I'm betting that he knows that too. Either Murray saves his own neck with a trade or The Gene cleans house. One of the two will happen. Real soon.

Or perhaps Gene goes to Murray and instructs him on the "Block Buster" trade he expects Murray to pull the trigger on? Food for thought.

94Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:I've been Murray's biggest supporter but even I am starting to think it'd be nice to have some new bold blood in place (and not the nephew either).

I think we need to create a senior advisor position for Bryan or we just put him in charge of scouting which is something he's tremendous at.

Perhaps that's why Forseberg left for Sweden? Thinking

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

95Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Pierre McGuire is GM I want Bob McKenzie to be his assistant, and James Duthie to Director of Player Relations or whatever it's called haha

96Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
If Murray goes to Melnyk and says: "I'm letting Clouston go." The Gene will say "No you're not, I'm letting you go." True story.

I'll drink to that Beer

Or perhaps Gene goes to Murray and instructs him on the "Block Buster" trade he expects Murray to pull the trigger on? Food for thought.

Absolutely. Let's just say that canning Clouston is just not an option, for Murray anyway. Cheers

97Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:If Pierre McGuire is GM I want Bob McKenzie to be his assistant, and James Duthie to Director of Player Relations or whatever it's called haha

Can we have Maggy the Monkey in there as well?

- Unknown Author

98Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Did he though?

Yes.

An acquaintance of mine was at Grekko doing something and Boyle was there. Boyle was super excited because Ottawa had interest and he waived his NTC for them. He was basically saying that he was coming home and that he was pumped to play for the Sens. Others were there, others heard it. He was very disappointed when it didn't come to fruition.

Campbell was talking about Ottawa until the very end when Chicago upped to term and Ottawa walked away. I know that because I know the people who bordered him when he was a 67 very well. It was here or Chicago (or Columbus apparently, but he wasn't keen on going there).

that move could have changed everything. We would have made the playoffs then in 2008-2009, hartsburg wouldn't have been fired (or would he?) and heatley we can presume would still be here, plus Boyle would have been the mentor to Karlsson.

Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 521674

EDIT: also, we probably don't deal for kuba and picard, and instead meszaros for boyle

And we don't have Cowen and probably not Silfverberg.

I'm sure nobody would be upset if we never had Silfverberg. Most people don't even know who he is.

Most people don't know a lot though, and he's probably our best forward prospect at the moment.

And I can live without Hartsburg Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 42833

99Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If Pierre McGuire is GM I want Bob McKenzie to be his assistant, and James Duthie to Director of Player Relations or whatever it's called haha

Dutchie would never give up his position. He loves those one-on-ones with Brian Jurke too much.

100Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

hemlock wrote:
111519 wrote:Wayne Gretzky

I hear he is good at hockey and carries some influence.

Selecting a Canadian team to compete best on best is slightly easier than putting together an NHL team.

Gretzky would draw players, press, and fans to Scotia Bank place like no one has before. Plus its a chance to be in Canada again. I think he would look at it.

101Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Darren Pang as the goalie coach to make sure our goalies do things the 'white way' Drums

102Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

If we wait another year, Burke would be available.........

103Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:17 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I'm pretty sure she's dead.

104Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:

Darren Pang as the goalie coach to make sure our goalies do things the 'white way' Drums

I just put 2 and 2 together. I got a cryptic tweet from Pang saying he was sorry or something.

Did he say that regarding Subban?

105Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bob McKenzie would make a Cussing awesome GM me thinks. Go after him, get him, bring him to Ottawa and let him do his thing.

106Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:If we wait another year, Burke would be available.........

Great! Then instead of wasting 2nd and 3rd round picks we can start wasting 1st rounders too.

- Unknown Author

107Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:Gretzky would draw players, press, and fans to Scotia Bank place like no one has before. Plus its a chance to be in Canada again. I think he would look at it.

Does he GM better than he coaches? Because he was a Cussing awful coach.

108Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEMzM8JNW-U&feature=related

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum