GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be Ottawa's next GM?

+16
dennycrane
Sens4thecup
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
SDH89
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

106Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:If we wait another year, Burke would be available.........

Great! Then instead of wasting 2nd and 3rd round picks we can start wasting 1st rounders too.

107Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:23 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:Gretzky would draw players, press, and fans to Scotia Bank place like no one has before. Plus its a chance to be in Canada again. I think he would look at it.

Does he GM better than he coaches? Because he was a Cussing awful coach.

108Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEMzM8JNW-U&feature=related

109Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:04 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If Pierre McGuire is GM I want Bob McKenzie to be his assistant, and James Duthie to Director of Player Relations or whatever it's called haha

Darren Pang as the goalie coach to make sure our goalies do things the 'white way' Drums

I just put 2 and 2 together. I got a cryptic tweet from Pang saying he was sorry or something.

Did he say that regarding Subban?

yes, but he meant to say 'the right way' and quickly corrected himself....freudian slip maybe, but funny none the less, I don't think he actually meant to say 'white way'

110Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If Pierre McGuire is GM I want Bob McKenzie to be his assistant, and James Duthie to Director of Player Relations or whatever it's called haha

Darren Pang as the goalie coach to make sure our goalies do things the 'white way' Drums

I just put 2 and 2 together. I got a cryptic tweet from Pang saying he was sorry or something.

Did he say that regarding Subban?

yes, but he meant to say 'the right way' and quickly corrected himself....freudian slip maybe, but funny none the less, I don't think he actually meant to say 'white way'

Too bad for The Panger. He'll lose his job over it. It's like Jimmy the Greek aaaall over again. Monkey

111Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

Bahahahahahahaha. Laughing3

112Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Yes he was comparing Subban to Pietrangelo.

This is the comment to those who haven't seen it:

And yes I think it was slip, he didn't mean it.

113Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Yes he was comparing Subban to Pietrangelo.

This is the comment to those who haven't seen it:

And yes I think it was slip, he didn't mean it.

I'm sure The Panger will include that in the resignation letter he's forced to write. Beer

114Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He already apologized right after that. His job is safe!

115Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3 The white way....

116Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:He already apologized right after that. His job is safe!

No amount of tearful apologies or begging to maintain your livelihood can save your job after that kind of slip. Dancing

117Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:He already apologized right after that. His job is safe!

No amount of tearful apologies or begging to maintain your livelihood can save your job after that kind of slip. Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 649241

No, but Duthie was the one who mentioned it, so nobody cares over at TSN it seems.

118Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Panger for GM!!!!

119Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote: Laughing3 The white way....

Did he ever comment on Emery's way? I mean, the guy was certainly, umm, a colorful character. I could put up the tats, bling, Hummer and Tyson on the helmet, but the clothes he wore were worse than Cherry!

120Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:31 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

In honour of his creepiness, a creepy video!

121Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:05 pm

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

What if the GM isn't the one responsible for the deals or lack there of. I know Ottawa has been trying and very hard. Two issues I'm told exist, one being that teams are just not interested in trading right now, and the cap has everyone having to have even $$$ trades. That is causing problems for Ottawa and Murray.

I'm also led to believe that for a while now, Murray isn't able to make any FA acquisitions, or trades without passing it past Gene. From what I'm told this isn't something that has been happenening the last month or two, it's been a year and a bit that it's been going on.

If that's true, then maybe the issues with trades and signings are not entirely Murray's fault, but if you have to pass everything by your boss before you do it then you have an owner who is essentially playing GM.

I don't know about you, but if I'm Murray and that is happening I'd want out. I'd want nothing to do with a "Jerry Jones" type owner watching and having to approve everything I do.

122Who will be Ottawa's next GM? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who will be Ottawa's next GM? Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Panger for GM!!!!

He's a smart hockey guy, not a bad option if he has a gameplan in mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum