GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators: Neil and Fisher doubtful for Thursday

+11
dennycrane
jamvan
SensGirl11
rooneypoo
mattshock
Cronie
COLLAR UP
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just saw this on the Sun's web site.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/18/7452031.html

Injured Senators Chris Neil and Mike Fisher will visit with a doctor
this afternoon to determine the extent of their respective leg
injuries, coach Craig Hartsburg said this morning "We'd hope," Hartsburg said when asked if
the pair would be available for Thursday's home game against the
Montreal Canadiens, "but it's probably not realistic."

Damn.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

So I guess Zubov stays up and Bass comes up too? Or maybe we finally get some Zach Smith up here.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I suspect we'll see Zubov stick around and Bass called up.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

From TSN's Ice Chips:

Mike Fisher and Chris Neil, both with knee injuries, will see a doctor
this afternoon and are not expected to play Thursday against Montreal.
Forward Ryan Shannon (concussion) starting riding the bike today and
may skate tomorrow. - TSN

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wonder if they just put Schubie back on the 4th line?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes! I want Shannon and Zubov playing together! With Vermette centering them (unless he's gasses for Ohlund or Bow).

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Yes! I want Shannon and Zubov playing together! With Vermette centering them (until he's gasses for Ohlund or Bow).

Fixed.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Yes! I want Shannon and Zubov playing together! With Vermette centering them (unless he's gasses for Ohlund or Bow).
I don't think that's suggesting Shannon will be ready to go for Thursday, only that he'll get back on the ice for the first time since the incident as part of his recovery.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Fish = Cinderella's galss slipper

Actually the slipper is more durable...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So... Bass or Zach Smith coming up?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ummm, that's a tough one. both are big players and could throw their bodies around, which they will need to do; especially if Komi's returning to the Habs fold... *eeeek*...

I'll say Smith, since Bingo's practically depleted as it is, why stop now! LOL

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Well here are the options as I see it.

You've got your forwards: Alfie, Spezza, Heatley, Ruutu, Vermette, Kelly, McAmmond, Foligno, Donovan, Winchester all playing. That's 10 forwards, and two missing.

Options to fill in: Zubov, Bass, Z.Smith, Schubert, Shannon (if he's back, any updates on that??)

Assuming Zubov plays and Shannon is injured, that leaves Bass, Smith, or Schubert as the 12th man.

On D-, there aren't any injuries and there are 7 men. Phillips, Volchenkov, Kuba, Picard, Smith, Bell, and Schubert. Those first five are probably locks for roster spots, so that leaves two men.

So the most likely scenarios are, and in no particular order (F= forward, D=defense, S=scratch):
1. Bass (F), Bell (D), Schubert (S)
2. Bass(F), Schubert (D), Bell (S)
3. Z. Smith (F), Bell (D), Schubert (S)
4. Z. Smith (F), Schubert (D), Bell (S)
5. Schubert (F), Bell (D), No one (S)

Hopefully we opt for Scenario #3 (though I think #5 is most likely, personally).

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think you're right Matt. Schubert may NOT be happy playing as a forward, but the facts are: 1) he SUCKS at D and Bell played very well and was poised in his play; and 2) Schubie needs to suck it up and play the way we're used to him playing: crashing players into the boards on the forecheck. that's where the TEAM needs him tomorrow night IMHO.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I see them putting Schubie on the 4th as a no brainer. They love the guy as a 4th liner. If Schubie is sat in place of calling up Z. Smith then I will be very surprised.

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Couldn't agree more Clutch and Cronie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum