GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators: Neil and Fisher doubtful for Thursday

+11
dennycrane
jamvan
SensGirl11
rooneypoo
mattshock
Cronie
COLLAR UP
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I would like to see these combos.

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Zubov-Vermette-Winchester
Ruutu-Deano-Donovan
Schubert-Foligno-Kelly

OR

Heatley-Spezza-Zubov
Winchester-Vermette-Alfie
Ruutu-Deano-Donovan
Schubert-Foligno-Kelly

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Did anybody see theupdate on Ottawasun.ca?

Smith or Bass are being considered for call ups to replace Fisher...

In that case, when is Schubert being traded? By the weekend?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I would like to see these combos.

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Ruutu-Deano-Donovan
Schubert-Foligno-Kelly

I like this one personally.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Ruutu-Deano-Donovan
Schubert-Foligno-Kelly

I prefer this.

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Zubov-McAmmond-Winchester
Ruutu-Vermette-Kelly
Schubert-Foligno-Donovan

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I love that Folgino is at center with Schubert and Donovan. Should be an aggressive forecheck if nothing else.

Putting McAmmond with Zubov and Winchester could be interesting.

Top line is what it is.

Vermette, well, we're all running out of patience for Vermette I think.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Ruutu-Deano-Donovan
Schubert-Foligno-Kelly

I prefer this.

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Zubov-McAmmond-Winchester
Ruutu-Vermette-Kelly
Schubert-Foligno-Donovan

Also good. I love Deano, he's awesome, and completely back to his old self. I wouldn't have minded seeing him on the top line when Hartsburg was experimenting. I don't think he's a 4th liner either.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattshock wrote:I love that Folgino is at center with Schubert and Donovan. Should be an aggressive forecheck if nothing else.

Top line is what it is.

*source Update* Melnyk has officially grown tired of Vermette and Kelly; whereas Murray is buying Vermette a little time assuring Melnyk (and i suppose himself as well) that Vermette is coming around and could very well explode at any moment.

The thing is, as Sens fans, we've spent what, 3 years WAITING for Vermette to explode? Not to mention the worst part is we've all seen what happens with him: he sucks for like 20 games and then, out of the blue, ignites himself on fire and goes on like 12 game point streak...

Long and short is, Kelly AND Vermette are not very well liked or held in ANY high regard by Sens management, so if anyone goes, it's definitely one of them or both.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Good. Send them both to Florida with a first round pick for Bouwmeester and a warm body.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Good. Send them both to Florida with a first round pick for Bouwmeester and a warm body.

Is Wade Belak available? :lol!:

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:

Fair enough, it looks pretty bad on paper though...I did watch that game, and can't really recall the combos after Fish went down. If those were the combos, then that's totally cool. Still can't score though. Sad

Zubov should be nowhere near the 4th line, 2nd or 3rd would be better, this kid will score, he's had his opportunites already, and he always works hard out there.

I think the problem for Zubov is two-fold:

First, that Vermette-Kelly-Winchester line was really good together, so I can't see Hartsburg splitting that up to accommodate Zubov;

Second, after those three guys and the Big Three, you're left with two of McAmmond, Donovan, Ruutu, Foligno, and Schubert to make a line with him -- AND you need to leave one of Foligno or McAmmond off it so you have a centre for the fourth line. I don't see any arrangement there that puts Zubov in a position where he's 'surrounded' by scoring talent.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Fair enough, it looks pretty bad on paper though...I did watch that game, and can't really recall the combos after Fish went down. If those were the combos, then that's totally cool. Still can't score though. Sad

Zubov should be nowhere near the 4th line, 2nd or 3rd would be better, this kid will score, he's had his opportunites already, and he always works hard out there.

I think the problem for Zubov is two-fold:

First, that Vermette-Kelly-Winchester line was really good together, so I can't see Hartsburg splitting that up to accommodate Zubov;
Second, after those three guys and the Big Three, you're left with two of McAmmond, Donovan, Ruutu, Foligno, and Schubert to make a line with him -- AND you need to leave one of Foligno or McAmmond off it so you have a centre for the fourth line. I don't see any arrangement there that puts Zubov in a position where he's 'surrounded' by scoring talent.

That's really too bad, since for one, Kelly has hands of stone and no matter what kind of passes he gets he can't finish.

This could make Vermette even more expendable since, he's not scoring either, and being on a line with another guy that can't isn't good news for him.

If Murray is trying to buy time for Vermette as was stated earlier by Cronie, then he might want to have him play with Zubov and Winchester and hope for the best. We all know that he and Kelly= 0 goals.

It really doesn't make sense to me. That's my opinion on this.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:
mattshock wrote:I love that Folgino is at center with Schubert and Donovan. Should be an aggressive forecheck if nothing else.

Top line is what it is.

*source Update* Melnyk has officially grown tired of Vermette and Kelly; whereas Murray is buying Vermette a little time assuring Melnyk (and i suppose himself as well) that Vermette is coming around and could very well explode at any moment.

The thing is, as Sens fans, we've spent what, 3 years WAITING for Vermette to explode? Not to mention the worst part is we've all seen what happens with him: he sucks for like 20 games and then, out of the blue, ignites himself on fire and goes on like 12 game point streak...

Long and short is, Kelly AND Vermette are not very well liked or held in ANY high regard by Sens management, so if anyone goes, it's definitely one of them or both.
I have heard nothing but good things about Kelly. Vermette is a huge posibility to be moved, but don't expect Kelly to go anywhere. He is loved by Hartsburg, Murray and Melnyk. Kelly has not palyed badly. His offence is down, but look at the talent he's playing with.

It's time to realize that this team is in a rebuilding stage. To think other teams will want our cast offs and thrown us legite superstar in return is blindness. I really don't see us making the playoffs, so I've started looking for the little things. I want to see Spezza mature, Heatley lead and the defence get better. As well, let the young kids (Foligno, Winchester, etc...) get some valuable experience.

I haven't decided yet to order my Tavares or Hedlund jersey!!! LOL!

We got to laugh about things, cause I don't see this tema turning things around that much.

Hahaha, thats exactly it, the only people getting upset or mad at this point are the ones that actually expect a few things. Gonna have to accept the fact this is not a good team. Use the "too much tallent" excuse all you want. NYR had too much tallent for years and miss the playoffs for 7 straight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The talent level up front should be okay (obviously there's an issue). But our D is woeful. Worst in the NHL, and if not the worst, very close.

If not for Auld, this team would be 2-16.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The time is coming to start putting guys on the block and see if we can rebuild during the year, so that we might be able to sneak into the playoffs. I doubt it at this point, but there's still...64 games left or whatever it is.

Volchenkov? Vermette? Kelly? Foligno? I would love Fisher and Phillips, but the NMC gets in the way. We need to re-jig the entire D from bottom up, maybe with the exception of Kuba (unless he can bring back something useful).

504Heater wrote:The time is coming to start putting guys on the block and see if we can rebuild during the year, so that we might be able to sneak into the playoffs. I doubt it at this point, but there's still...64 games left or whatever it is.

Volchenkov? Vermette? Kelly? Foligno? I would love Fisher and Phillips, but the NMC gets in the way. We need to re-jig the entire D from bottom up, maybe with the exception of Kuba (unless he can bring back something useful).

Kuba will be gone at the deadline for picks, he wont be resigning next year. Too old to committ to when you want to start rebuilding. He will also comand 4 mil plus the way things are going, so that wont be happening.

The worst thing this team could do is sneek into the playoffs, any sense of false accomplishment on this team is not a good thing.

Foligno has had less than 82 games in the NHL and you want to trade him? There have been guys on the team who have been here for years and are basically career losers and have no sense of urgency or want to compete, and Foligno is the guy you want gone.... something is wrong there.

A Train is probably our best D man right now, is young, and brings something that no one else on this team brings.

Kelly and Vermette, well ya, but what are you going to get in return for them? Seriously...

You're looking at the wrong guys to trade aside from Vermette and Kelly.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:The talent level up front should be okay (obviously there's an issue). But our D is woeful. Worst in the NHL, and if not the worst, very close.

I don't think that's a fair comment. Our d is the worst in 1 area, getting the puck out of the zone. Defensively however, they are quite good. We haven't aloud many goals and Auld's GAA is quite pleasing. I think teh defence could use a jolt, which I hope Bell is, but the offence has no finish, that's the problem.

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:The talent level up front should be okay (obviously there's an issue). But our D is woeful. Worst in the NHL, and if not the worst, very close.

I don't think that's a fair comment. Our d is the worst in 1 area, getting the puck out of the zone. Defensively however, they are quite good. We haven't aloud many goals and Auld's GAA is quite pleasing. I think teh defence could use a jolt, which I hope Bell is, but the offence has no finish, that's the problem.

The offense is defently a problem. Again, 20 million spent on 2 players and we have 5 goals in the last 5 games.... something is seriously wrong there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum