GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators: Neil and Fisher doubtful for Thursday

+11
dennycrane
jamvan
SensGirl11
rooneypoo
mattshock
Cronie
COLLAR UP
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:

Who did you say you were good friends with by the way? come on, tell on, tell all!

Alfie. I followed it up with, "LOL. This is kinda fun." Surely I don't need to tell you to read between the lines.

rooneypoo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:haha, ive already discussed this with people in the chat room, Ive said I know the guy.

Just so we're all clear on what's being said here: that you know that Chara wouldn't have signed in BOS if Thornton was there, because you know Chara personally, and because Chara personally told you that he has a very low opinion of Thornton and thinks he's not a winner. And that he thinks lowly of Spezza, too, and that's why he didn't re-sign with OTT.

Let's think that one through for a minute. Do we have reason to doubt you know Chara personally? I'd say yes. If not, please phone him up and tell him to get in a few fights, because I and 10,000 other poolies drafted him high in my Yahoo! league to score AND get PIMs, and he's not putting the numbers in yet. He's got 2 goals so far tonight, which is great, but still no fights... man.

Second, did Chara sign in BOS in July 2006 because he wanted to play for a winner? Hmm. Let's look that one over. BOS finished with 74 that points in 2006, last place in the Northeast division, 14th in the conference, and of course didn't make the playoffs. So, out of all the teams that he could choose, Chara chose this one because -- he wanted to win. Seriously. BOS offered him the most money and he took it and ran. Plain as f'ing day.

Third, did Chara turn down Ottawa because he hates Spezza? Absolutely not. Why do I say that. Well, for one, because I know Chara didn't sign with OTT because OTT never offered him a contract -- that fact has been widely reported, as was Chara's disappointment at not even getting an offer from OTT. The fact is that he would have signed with the team that had Yashin on it as long as they offered him the same amount of money as BOS did -- see point 2. Ask him about that one while you're ripping him for us poolies -- we want fighting majors! And misconducts! Text him ASAP.

LOL, so whats the point of all that? To make me look stupid? Did I say I have his digits in my phone? Did I say we r best buddies? If I wanted to contact him, could I, for sure I could.

Chara signed in Boston cuz they made a committment to him, simple as that. Did Muckler offer him a contract, nope, sure didnt, stung him too, but he could have talked to them before he left as well and he chose to just leave.

You say FACT like you can prove it, so prove it. Prove your FACTS.

rooneypoo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I just dont get how there is absolutly no objectivity here. Real gang mentallity too.
Gang mentality? I'm seeing a good debate between you and rooneypoo... no ganging up here.

Nah, Heater, Tukker, buddy here, they all share the same brain and stat sheet.

I've got a mind of my own, thanks very much.

Sometimes, there's more too it than 'gang mentality' when you find yourself facing a chorus of opposition on your perennial favourite topic -- how much Spezza sucks and how he should go. Sometimes it's that more than one person thinks you're off base. It's not that complicated.

Hmmmm, funny, I didnt think I said Spezza sucks once. Can you go find that quote for me... Thanks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Who did you say you were good friends with by the way? come on, tell on, tell all!

Alfie. I followed it up with, "LOL. This is kinda fun." Surely I don't need to tell you to read between the lines.

This discussion is almost as entertaining as Matt's "longest joke ever".

Question: will there be a punchline at the end?

People can choose to believe me if they want or not, but Ive actually proven to some people here that I know these people, and the things I said like, Meszaros wants out and wont be signing here, that people jumped all over me for, inclduing you Wprager, said it BS

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Sorry, I can't be doing this all night, I have a dissertation to complete. I actually was in the middle of a response to your last when stupid Firefox crashed on me.

Plus, I don't want to be late for beers and 'rippers with Alfie tonight.

(Do I need a smiley face here for the sarcasm-impaired?)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:People can choose to believe me if they want or not, but Ive actually proven to some people here that I know these people, and the things I said like, Meszaros wants out and wont be signing here, that people jumped all over me for, inclduing you Wprager, said it BS

I'm sorry, I don't even understand what that meant. Are you saying that I agree with you now, or that I jumped on you, or that I called BS? Or all three?

You say you used to know Chara. What was his address when he was here? Tell me (PM me if you wish) and I'll know if it's correct. I used to live on his street and saw him around the neighbourhood a few times.

wprager wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:People can choose to believe me if they want or not, but Ive actually proven to some people here that I know these people, and the things I said like, Meszaros wants out and wont be signing here, that people jumped all over me for, inclduing you Wprager, said it BS

I'm sorry, I don't even understand what that meant. Are you saying that I agree with you now, or that I jumped on you, or that I called BS? Or all three?

You say you used to know Chara. What was his address when he was here? Tell me (PM me if you wish) and I'll know if it's correct. I used to live on his street and saw him around the neighbourhood a few times.

Check you PM

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:Sorry, I can't be doing this all night, I have a dissertation to complete. I actually was in the middle of a response to your last when stupid Firefox crashed on me.

Plus, I don't want to be late for beers and 'rippers with Alfie tonight.

(Do I need a smiley face here for the sarcasm-impaired?)

I'll see you there, RP. Is it my turn to bring the Julmust?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
wprager wrote:

Check you PM

Hey, so what's the verdict, Wprager? Smile

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:It's happening right before our eyes. You want to trade Spezza? Really?

Look at the Sharks. It took them a couple of years to figure things out, but without Thornton there's no way they'd be co-favourites to come out of the tough West.

Trade Spezza at great peril.

Look at Boston. Not to mention they have Rask coming up and he isnt even part of that team yet. The trade its self was piss poor, but Boston is a better team now then they would be with Thornton. In San Jose it also took getting rid of their top scorer in Nolan to get things turned around. Boston wanted him out of there and it turned their franchise around. They havnt been this competitive since the days of Neely and Bourque.

Thornton also plays a physical game and has intangibles that Spezza never will.

Like what? Choking in the playoffs?

Second of all, why would Bouwmeester want to sign with a team in last place? He's been to the playoffs once in his career including the minor leagues.

Even if he was willing to sign just because of the money and not to win, then I wouldn't want to sign him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Hey, so what's the verdict, Wprager? Smile

Jury's still out. Strictly speaking I was not provided with an address, but some information was passed on that leads me to believe that an address could possibly be forthcoming. Basically, I don't think N4L has been to Chara's house, but that doesn't mean he didn't run into him (perhaps even repeatedly) elsewhere.

And just in case anyone thinks I'm full of it, he lived at 113 Insmill Crescent (roughly in the middle of the crescent, while I was close to one of the ends). It's a very long crescent and I'm not going to pretend that we talked while watering our front yards, but I passed by his house regularly (wile taking the kids to the park) and occasionally saw him driving around.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, do we really know that Meszaros wanted out? I kinda assumed he wanted moer money or a longer term. Didn't Garrioch report that they offered X years and he wanted Y? I know what many people here think of Boo-boo, but it's his livelihood and he'd get in serious trouble if he knowingly wrote something that was untrue. The same cannot be said for any of us here.

Now, Meszaros ended up signing for pretty much what was reported to be the Sens' offer, so I suppose that could lead to some speculation that it wasn't about the money. Personally, I think he would have signed anywhere if he could get $5M, and he bet (and lost) that the Sens would want to retain him. The simple fact that no-one offered him an RFA contract proved beyond doubt (beyond even the stupidity of some agents) that there was no one out there who thought he was worth that much money.

The only caveat is that RFA is not UFA, so why did he not sign for one year and wait for the cha-ching that was to come? Maybe the way he's playing (or, the way the team is being handled) he did not expect to have avery good year.

But that would imply that Meszaros could think his way out of a paperbag which, I've been assured by many of you, is not the case.

I'm confused. Maybe I should just do some work.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

So prag didn't like the joke? :bounce:

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Prag:

I remember chatting with a few friends around the time of the suppose Mezaros negotiations were ongoing, and we all were getting roughly the same info from our respective outlets and sources: Murray first offered Mez a qualifying offer; which was promptly rejected. Mezie DID actually try to use that KHL offer as leverage, and Murray didn't blink in the least. The last I had heard was that Mezie wanted BIG$$, and Murray's FINAL offer to Mez was approximately $2.8 - $3.2M X4 which was rejected; and so Murray made a swap.

I am not truly sure if Mezie wanted out per se; the gist I was getting was that he felt he was morth than Murray thought he was (in hindsight, I'm glad Murray didn't blink and sent him on his way).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:So prag didn't like the joke? :bounce:

We need a poll in that topic on how many people read all the way to the end. I did, and I think you owe me. Not sure what, but it's got to be worth 35 minutes of my time, at least.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Chara lived on Insmill Cres. in Kanata Lakes. A friend of mine lived on the street as well.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
mattshock wrote:So prag didn't like the joke? :bounce:

We need a poll in that topic on how many people read all the way to the end. I did, and I think you owe me. Not sure what, but it's got to be worth 35 minutes of my time, at least.

Here' what I owe you:

squirrel

Listen, I'm sure there have been 100s of conversations that have bored me to tears, but you don't hear me chiming in with cheap shots like this. Nobody's forcing anyone to do anything around here. Don like it, don't read it -- it's pretty simple.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum