GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators: Neil and Fisher doubtful for Thursday

+11
dennycrane
jamvan
SensGirl11
rooneypoo
mattshock
Cronie
COLLAR UP
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:I would like to believe that the breakout will come against those damn inhabitants...Here's hoping...

They said in the Citizen that McAmmond may receive a promotion and get a little more ice time. If thats the case, I wouldn't mind seeing the lines look like:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Zubov-McAmmond-Winchester
Kelly-Vermette-Donovan
Ruutu-Foligno-Schubert

Diddle yeah! Finally Hartsburg gets it. The only change I would have considered is Vermette where McAmmond is, but I love that Zubov is up there with Winchester - and I love that Vermette is finally centering a line (face offs!) - and I love that Foligno is centering Ruutu and Schubert.

Bang!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:well, something is going to happen, either call ups and/or a trade I think. Fisher AND Neil are out for at least 2 weeks.

Man, I hope Komisarek isn't playing tomorrow night.

Can Fisher be out all year?

Cronenbergfan wrote:oh my god, Ruutu, Foligno and Schubert!
CRASH, BOOM and BANG!!!
Exactly! And the 3rd line is fast as a mother Diddle and the 2nd line actually has the skill to be considered a 2nd line Wink Which is nice :D

I definitely agree that they are going to come out on fire on Thursday. Just listening to Spezza talk about how no one is happy made me feel quite at ease.
I think they're going to be juuussst fine.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like Neil will be out for a while. Torn meniscus... surgery needed. No surgery for Fisher - hopefully he'll be back soon.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=256501

Bad record + injuries = team digs deep for success?

Wink

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:I would like to believe that the breakout will come against those damn inhabitants...Here's hoping...

They said in the Citizen that McAmmond may receive a promotion and get a little more ice time. If thats the case, I wouldn't mind seeing the lines look like:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Zubov-McAmmond-Winchester
Kelly-Vermette-Donovan
Ruutu-Foligno-Schubert

Diddle yeah! Finally Hartsburg gets it. The only change I would have considered is Vermette where McAmmond is, but I love that Zubov is up there with Winchester - and I love that Vermette is finally centering a line (face offs!) - and I love that Foligno is centering Ruutu and Schubert.

Bang!
"Finally Hartsburg gets it"?? Suspect

Yeah I would put Vermette there, but something tells me Hartsburg isn't willing to keep Vermette and Kelly split up anymore. They played together in NY against he Rangers and both had, arguably, their best games of the season; and before that, they were obviously atrocious.
Plus, I really like McAmmond's game this year and I like the idea of giving him more of a role offensively. He has been, arguably, our best forward thusfar.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:"Finally Hartsburg gets it"?? Suspect

Yeah I would put Vermette there, but something tells me Hartsburg isn't willing to keep Vermette and Kelly split up anymore. They played together in NY against he Rangers and both had, arguably, their best games of the season; and before that, they were obviously atrocious.
Plus, I really like McAmmond's game this year and I like the idea of giving him more of a role offensively. He has been, arguably, our best forward thusfar.

Yeah, he's finally figuring out that Vermette is only valuable when he's playing center. He needs to be taking draws and he needs to be dispensing pucks. When he had Kelly lining up to take draws while Vermette twiddled his thumbs in the corner, I was ready to kill him.

Plus, in the 3rd period of the Rangers game, Zubov got one shift tops. He ended up with 6 minutes and change. For a team crying for offense - and for Zubov to have already shown creativity, I thought this was absolutely stupid.

504Heater wrote:Yeah, he's finally figuring out that Vermette is only valuable when he's playing center. He needs to be taking draws and he needs to be dispensing pucks. When he had Kelly lining up to take draws while Vermette twiddled his thumbs in the corner, I was ready to kill him.

Plus, in the 3rd period of the Rangers game, Zubov got one shift tops. He ended up with 6 minutes and change. For a team crying for offense - and for Zubov to have already shown creativity, I thought this was absolutely stupid.
Agreed.
I would be surprised if Zubov even got one shift...To the best of my recollection, he and Foligno didn't see even a second of ice time after the 2nd, and barely anything after Fisher went down.
I've liked pretty much everything Harts has done so far, but I absolutely could not co-sign that one...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Projected Lines

Forwards:
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Kelly - Vermette - Winchester
Ruutu - McAmmond - Donovan
Foligno - Zubov

as per TSN Ice Chips.

Boo.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:Projected Lines

Forwards:
Foligno - Zubov

as per TSN Ice Chips.

Boo.

BORING!!!!! How are those combos going to help. BARF!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ah c'mon Heater. A lot can change in 24 hours... you know that...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Forwards:
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson - GOOD
Kelly(can't score) - Vermette(can't score) - Winchester(should score at some point)
Ruutu(fun) - McAmmond(fantastical, due for a goal or 2) - Donovan(fun) okay, so this line is okay...
Foligno - Zubov- Schubert...I guess...what a waste of these guys.

as per TSN Ice Chips.

Boo.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did anybody see theupdate on Ottawasun.ca?

Smith or Bass are being considered for call ups to replace Fisher...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:Did anybody see theupdate on Ottawasun.ca?

Please be Smith. I'm really itching to see this kid play. I just have one of those feelings about this guy. And no, I don't mean those types of feelings...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:

Forwards:
Foligno - Zubov

as per TSN Ice Chips.

Boo.

Those are the exact combos from the NYR game, after Fisher went down, for those paying attention to these things...

I understand keeping Vermette-Kelly-Winchester together, because that was a great line the other night, but why not put Zubov in a familiar scoring position?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Forwards:
Foligno - Zubov

as per TSN Ice Chips.

Boo.

Those are the exact combos from the NYR game, after Fisher went down, for those paying attention to these things...

I understand keeping Vermette-Kelly-Winchester together, because that was a great line the other night, but why not put Zubov in a familiar scoring position?

Fair enough, it looks pretty bad on paper though...I did watch that game, and can't really recall the combos after Fish went down. If those were the combos, then that's totally cool. Still can't score though. Sad

Zubov should be nowhere near the 4th line, 2nd or 3rd would be better, this kid will score, he's had his opportunites already, and he always works hard out there.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I would like to see these combos.

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Zubov-Vermette-Winchester
Ruutu-Deano-Donovan
Schubert-Foligno-Kelly

OR

Heatley-Spezza-Zubov
Winchester-Vermette-Alfie
Ruutu-Deano-Donovan
Schubert-Foligno-Kelly

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Did anybody see theupdate on Ottawasun.ca?

In that case, when is Schubert being traded? By the weekend?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I would like to see these combos.

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Zubov-Vermette-Winchester
Ruutu-Deano-Donovan
Schubert-Foligno-Kelly

I like this one personally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum