GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #52: Oilers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Feb 4 2016

+5
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #52: Oilers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Feb 4 2016

GAME DAY #52: Oilers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Feb 4 2016 Large GAME DAY #52: Oilers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Feb 4 2016 Play11 GAME DAY #52: Oilers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Feb 4 2016 Large

(He's back! Eric Gryba is finally back!)

OK, let's just get this over with. Looks like we'll be picking top-ten in June. Auston! Auston! Auston!

GO SENS GO!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

While we're waiting to pick Top 10, let's beat the crap out of the Oilers. 9 - 0 Sens win, please.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's hard to believe that, here we after the All Star Break and not a single Canadian team is either in a playoff spot or expected to contend for one this season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Alfie is on the ice this morning at practice.  Cue the comeback.  Onwards to victory.

Oh, and Methot is back with Karlsson, and it looks like Cowen will sit. Here's the D:

Methot-Karlsson
Boro-Ceci
Wiercioch-Wideman

and the Fs:

Hoff-ZBad-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Dizzy-Lazar-Chiasson
Prince-McCormick-Neil

*sigh*

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The Alfie is on the ice this morning at practice.  Cue the comeback.  Onwards to victory.

Oh, and Methot is back with Karlsson, and it looks like Cowen will sit.  Here's the D:

Methot-Karlsson
Boro-Ceci
Wiercioch-Wideman

and the Fs:

Hoff-ZBad-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Dizzy-Lazar-Chiasson
Prince-McCormick-Neil

*sigh*

D is better. Can't really complain about that. But Dizzy on the 3rd and Prince with the plugs? I don't get Cameron sometimes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So we dealt Gryba to clear room for Cowen (even though the two play on different sides). Because Gryba was gone (and Cameron didn't trust Wideman) we have seen Borowiecki play on his wrong side, which also led to the formation of the Cowen-Borowiecki top PK pair.

And what did we get for Gryba? Travis Ewanyk and a 4th pick (107th overall) with which they drafted Christian Wolanin. Ewanyk has 2 goals in 35 Bingo games. Wolanin is doing pretty well as a freshman for UND, but he's likely to stay there four years and finish his degree. Long-term project, at best.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's your point, Walter? Gryba wasn't some sort of gifted defenceman. Having him in our lineup right now would be at the expense of Wideman or Ceci....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The Alfie is on the ice this morning at practice.  Cue the comeback.  Onwards to victory.

Oh, and Methot is back with Karlsson, and it looks like Cowen will sit.  Here's the D:

Methot-Karlsson
Boro-Ceci
Wiercioch-Wideman

and the Fs:

Hoff-ZBad-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Dizzy-Lazar-Chiasson
Prince-McCormick-Neil

*sigh*
Prince should get a chance on that 2 line. Cameron is challenged. The only thing i can think is that Prince isn't playing the way Cameron wants him to. But I don't see that for myself. At this point I'd almost like to exchange places with Richardson.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:What's your point, Walter?  Gryba wasn't some sort of gifted defenceman.  Having him in our lineup right now would be at the expense of Wideman or Ceci....

I will say this though. Losing Condra and Gryba have worsened the PK.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:What's your point, Walter?  Gryba wasn't some sort of gifted defenceman.  Having him in our lineup right now would be at the expense of Wideman or Ceci....

Gryba played right side on the third pairing and he was fine there. Sure, that meant that Wideman couldn't get into the lineup. But now Gryba is gone, Wideman is up here and for many (too many) games he sat while Boro played his wrong-side and Wideman sat. If Gryba was still here I think Cameron would have played him instead of Boro on that side.

It's like there is a disconnect between the GM and the head coach, and this is not the first coach we've had that's done this. Murray trades away Gryba and promotes Wideman to the NHL. We have only 3 righties and 4 lefties (not counting Phillips) and yet Cameron plays only two of those righties.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Put McDavid down for at least 2 goals tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
Prince should get a chance on that 2 line. Cameron is challenged. The only thing i can think is that Prince isn't playing the way Cameron wants him to. But I don't see that for myself. At this point I'd almost like to exchange places with Richardson.

Only Borowiecki is playing the way Cameron wants him to.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:

Having a real rightie clearing the puck on the PK does help.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:

This is true.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NHL.com saying Methot will be a gametime decision? Auston, here we come!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum