GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #52: Oilers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Feb 4 2016

+5
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Thank god I bought Resident Evil Remaster earlier today.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:Because it's one goal when he came off the bench and when we're already losing.  Anderson needs to make saves early on

Are you serious? We're already losing? It was the worst goal of the night to give.

Yes I'm serious. Three goals against to start the game is worse than that one coming off the bench

Hammond can't be blamed at all tonight

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Murray should step down.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's not totally freak out. We're missing our #1 C who is also one of our best defensive forwards, and then 9mm and CMac help too.

This season's done though (I said this last year and then we went on the miracle run).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes we're done

Too bad we couldn't get chiarelli

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This deaf guy cheated on his girlfriend. Ohhhhhh snap!

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Let's not totally freak out.  We're missing our #1 C who is also one of our best defensive forwards,  and then 9mm and CMac help too.

This season's done though (I said this last year and then we went on the miracle run).
Just excuses and wishful thinking. The roster is not nearly good enough. A tweak here or there does nothing. We were a bad team last year that flunked it's way to a playoff spot and then got smoked in round one. The only playoff series that this team has one in 8 years was against the habs. We are the leafs right now yet management, ownership and most of the fan base is blind to that fact.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm trying to cheer myselff up damnit don't ruin it.

Deaf drama is called "Switched at Birth" if anyone wants to punish themselves further.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol at calling us the leafs. We have a very solid offense and a Norris winner on d. They have nothing right now. It would be sweet to finish lower tham them to get an even better prospect to just solidify that our future is better than theirs.

Also we didn't get smoked in round one, let's be real.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Let's not totally freak out.  We're missing our #1 C who is also one of our best defensive forwards,  and then 9mm and CMac help too.

Karlsson hit 40 points before the mid-season mark. Since Murray became GM, only one other Sens defenceman has hit that point total, and that was Kuba in the CASH line era (Gonchar in the half season had a decent total I'll admit). Murray has completely failed to address the team's bottom-4 defence group and barely seems to even admit it's a problem (he's currently "looking for a top-6 forward"). He's also had as many head coaches work for him as in the entire previous history of the modern Sens.

I won't deny that he's done some good as a GM and found some good players in the drafts, but at the end of the day we've won one playoff series in his tenure here. We need a new direction, desperately.

McDavid or no McDavid, we just lost 7-2 at home to Edmonton.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mcdavid was also invisible most of the night. Can't believe he got a star

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

We must be the worst team of all time that has a generational talent on it.

Damn Resident Evil is still aawesome.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Once again, can't kill a Cussing penalty.  WHy's neil running interference in the first place?  smh

ANderson replaced by hammond, like it should have been from the start.  

I think sens are giving the habs a run for their money on who's worse overall.  To lose to edmonton and buffalo on home ice....you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I don't know what he did to deserve a penalty, to be honest. But if it all came from being upset about that squeaky clean hit on Prince then he deserved 2 minutes. If you don't like clean hits on your players then you put a clean hit on one of theirs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I love how tsn hired Tessa bonhomme. Hmm I wonder why.  Not qualified at all to be a host.  

Maybe this is why:

GAME DAY #52: Oilers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Feb 4 2016 - Page 4 210px-Tessa_Bonhomme

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Because it's one goal when he came off the bench and when we're already losing.  Anderson needs to make saves early on

That was a horribly bad, putrid goal to give up. Awful. Back breaking when they just got close. But it's absolutely true, as well, that Anderson has to stop at least one of those first three. All three were stoppable and this is what you expect from a #1 -- stop the stoppable ones (and a few of the unstoppable ones, too). We score 5 goals but give up 40 shots and we lose. We bear down and give up a lot fewer shots and we lose even more.

Murray had a talk in the dressing room before the game and talked about playing better D. Well, they come out and give up 13 shots on goal in the first period. Oilers had 6 shots and 2 goals before the game was 5 minutes old -- 13 shots in a period is *not* good defense and giving up nearly half of that in the first quarter of the action means, yet again, they did not start playing when the puck was dropped.

It's not just the D and it's not just team defense. They came out flat and their goalie didn't save their bacon.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

*fart noises*

I get the feeling that the finish to this season won't be as enjoyable as last season.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

PK was 0% last night again.
I don't care what the stats say, Ceci is not a top 4 right now. Not blaming our PK entirely on him as Anderson hasn't been good either but he hasn't made a big defensive play in a loooong time. I don't see Methot making the same kind of mistake.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:*fart noises*

I get the feeling that the finish to this season won't be as enjoyable as last season.

Ultimately, though, the finish last season sucked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum