GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators: Neil and Fisher doubtful for Thursday

+11
dennycrane
jamvan
SensGirl11
rooneypoo
mattshock
Cronie
COLLAR UP
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think you're right Matt. Schubert may NOT be happy playing as a forward, but the facts are: 1) he SUCKS at D and Bell played very well and was poised in his play; and 2) Schubie needs to suck it up and play the way we're used to him playing: crashing players into the boards on the forecheck. that's where the TEAM needs him tomorrow night IMHO.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I see them putting Schubie on the 4th as a no brainer. They love the guy as a 4th liner. If Schubie is sat in place of calling up Z. Smith then I will be very surprised.

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Couldn't agree more Clutch and Cronie.

I've got no problem with them reuniting our most effective line from last spring. Schubert going back with Deano and Dono is what they'll do (even though I would love to see what Smith has got) and hopefully the lines will look like this:
Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Zubov-Vermette-Winchester
Ruutu-Kelly-Foligno
Schubert-McAmmond-Donovan

I like the look of those lines. Montreal is on a losing skid right now, so maybe the cash line breaks out. They've terrorized the Habs in the past, so here's hoping. Zubov needs to play with skill guys to compliment his own game. Putting him in a limited checking role won't work, and could affect his game going back to Bingo. Ruutu and Foligno are going to have to step up their game as Kelly is about as useful as a scarecrow.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does anybody know if Komi is expected back for that game?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock34 wrote:I like the look of those lines. Montreal is on a losing skid right now, so maybe the cash line breaks out. They've terrorized the Habs in the past, so here's hoping. Zubov needs to play with skill guys to compliment his own game. Putting him in a limited checking role won't work, and could affect his game going back to Bingo. Ruutu and Foligno are going to have to step up their game as Kelly is about as useful as a scarecrow.

You just know the massive, 6+ goal blowout is coming soon. Even the most conservative of estimates has the Big Three potting over 100 goals combined (40-30-30), and they're got to start scoring for that to happen. Some poor team / goalie is going to get the Dung end of the stick before long -- there's just no way that we continue to struggle to put up goals like this for too long. Look for a lucky bounce or deflection to get us started, and probably against one of the better teams in the conference -- not a bottom-feeder.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:You just know the massive, 6+ goal blowout is coming soon. Even the most conservative of estimates has the Big Three potting over 100 goals combined (40-30-30), and they're got to start scoring for that to happen. Some poor team / goalie is going to get the Dung end of the stick before long -- there's just no way that we continue to struggle to put up goals like this for too long. Look for a lucky bounce or deflection to get us started, and probably against one of the better teams in the conference -- not a bottom-feeder.
I would just LOVE it if the Sens broke out and lit up Price and the Habs on Thursday night. It would be so choice.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Absolutely Rooney! A little fluke to take the tension off a little and then follow it up with 5 point nights all around the top line!

And against the Habs would make it taste so much sweeter.

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:I like the look of those lines. Montreal is on a losing skid right now, so maybe the cash line breaks out. They've terrorized the Habs in the past, so here's hoping. Zubov needs to play with skill guys to compliment his own game. Putting him in a limited checking role won't work, and could affect his game going back to Bingo. Ruutu and Foligno are going to have to step up their game as Kelly is about as useful as a scarecrow.

You just know the massive, 6+ goal blowout is coming soon. Even the most conservative of estimates has the Big Three potting over 100 goals combined (40-30-30), and they're got to start scoring for that to happen. Some poor team / goalie is going to get the Dung end of the stick before long -- there's just no way that we continue to struggle to put up goals like this for too long. Look for a lucky bounce or deflection to get us started, and probably against one of the better teams in the conference -- not a bottom-feeder.

It probably will happen against a better team. Even when this team was at the top of the conference historically, they still had problems beating some bad teams. They always managed to raise their game against the better teams.

I would like to believe that the breakout will come against those damn inhabitants...Here's hoping...

They said in the Citizen that McAmmond may receive a promotion and get a little more ice time. If thats the case, I wouldn't mind seeing the lines look like:

Zubov-McAmmond-Winchester
Kelly-Vermette-Donovan
Ruutu-Foligno-Schubert

I actually really like those lines...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh my god, Ruutu, Foligno and Schubert!
CRASH, BOOM and BANG!!!

And Rooney, I think you're prediction is bang on. Frustration has clearly set in and we're going to see the Sens start skating FULL speed towards the net and screening (hopefully the Golden Boy, Price) and lighting him up!
I would LOVE to see another post-game interview with Price crying about how he has no clue what happened, just tears streaming through his deer-in-the-headlights gaze!

C'mon boys, get angry, get hungry and start climbing out of the basement!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Well said, I totally agree (and hope)

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well, something is going to happen, either call ups and/or a trade I think. Fisher AND Neil are out for at least 2 weeks.

Man, I hope Komisarek isn't playing tomorrow night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:I would like to believe that the breakout will come against those damn inhabitants...Here's hoping...

They said in the Citizen that McAmmond may receive a promotion and get a little more ice time. If thats the case, I wouldn't mind seeing the lines look like:

Zubov-McAmmond-Winchester
Kelly-Vermette-Donovan
Ruutu-Foligno-Schubert

Diddle yeah! Finally Hartsburg gets it. The only change I would have considered is Vermette where McAmmond is, but I love that Zubov is up there with Winchester - and I love that Vermette is finally centering a line (face offs!) - and I love that Foligno is centering Ruutu and Schubert.

Bang!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:well, something is going to happen, either call ups and/or a trade I think. Fisher AND Neil are out for at least 2 weeks.

Man, I hope Komisarek isn't playing tomorrow night.

Can Fisher be out all year?

Cronenbergfan wrote:oh my god, Ruutu, Foligno and Schubert!
CRASH, BOOM and BANG!!!
Exactly! And the 3rd line is fast as a mother Diddle and the 2nd line actually has the skill to be considered a 2nd line Wink Which is nice :D

I definitely agree that they are going to come out on fire on Thursday. Just listening to Spezza talk about how no one is happy made me feel quite at ease.
I think they're going to be juuussst fine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum