GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!!

+15
The Silfer Server
beedub
Riprock
PTFlea
jamvan
shabbs
rooneypoo
mattshock
wprager
smash88
Cronie
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Mojo
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Couldn't agree more. Good on Muckler for trying, but Murray is absolutely the brains behind our organization.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I gotta say this again. I like the players Murray obtained this season.

Smith - A+ signing

Ruutu - A+ signing

Auld - A+ for the role he was meant to fill

I never took issue with those and I think they're great. Being that I'm very impatient, I want all deficient areas filled now but I understand it's a process and Murray is working his magic I have no doubt.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I gotta say this again. I like the players Murray obtained this season.

Smith - A+ signing

Ruutu - A+ signing

I never took issue with those and I think they're great. Being that I'm very impatient, I want all deficient areas filled now but I understand it's a process and Murray is working his magic I have no doubt.
Agreed. The Kuba acquisition has worked out well and Picard seems to be improving his play each game.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Not to mention we got a 1st out of the deal...

That trade is looking better and better.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I gotta say this again. I like the players Murray obtained this season.

Smith - A+ signing

Ruutu - A+ signing

Agreed. The Kuba acquisition has worked out well and Picard seems to be improving his play each game.

My bad. The Kuba and Picard for Mesz thing was a pleasant surprise. Picard not so much but he's improving steadily. Kuba has been a very pleasant surprise early on but, I think we're finally starting to see why Torts was frustrated with him at times. Flashes of brilliance and now no production last two games.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So it does indeed look like Alfie's cap hit will change in the 4th and final year of his new contract due to the buy-out bonus being paid out.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/03/7285346-sun.html

Very interesting and unique.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:So it does indeed look like Alfie's cap hit will change in the 4th and final year of his new contract due to the buy-out bonus being paid out.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/03/7285346-sun.html

Very interesting and unique.

Yeah was just reading that... Pretty complicated.. LOL

Also in that article it mentions that we should expect to see Auld make his sixth straight start for the Sens on tuesday (Good, cause i'm going to the game and didn't want to have to watch Gerber)

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I read that.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. From what I read, we're getting a raw deal.

$5.75M x 3 = $17.25M
+ $4.875M = $22.125M

The contract including bonus is only $21.6M.

We're taking an average cap-hit greater than the average of the contract itself, so something isn't adding up here.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:Also in that article it mentions that we should expect to see Auld make his sixth straight start for the Sens on tuesday (Good, cause i'm going to the game and didn't want to have to watch Gerber)
Excellent. I didn't notice that initially.

100Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:I read that.

$5.75M x 3 = $17.25M
+ $4.875M = $22.125M

We're taking an average cap-hit greater than the average of the contract itself, so something isn't adding up here.
That does seem to be a raw deal. Hmmm... we're going to need a clearer explanation of what's going on.

101Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

$5.75M x 3 = $17.25M
+ $4.875M = $22.125M

It's because we still have to pay him that 2.1 million in bonuses from his last deal..

Actually i'm probably not the best person to explain this.. LOL where's Rooneypoo??

102Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:06 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It's only $125K per year, but still...

103Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:07 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:

$5.75M x 3 = $17.25M
+ $4.875M = $22.125M

It's because we still have to pay him that 2.1 million in bonuses from his last deal..

Actually i'm probably not the best person to explain this.. LOL where's Rooneypoo??

That figure is included in the $21.6.

Rooney?

104Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:13 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:
smash88 wrote:

$5.75M x 3 = $17.25M
+ $4.875M = $22.125M

That figure is included in the $21.6.

Rooney?

hmmm.. yeah ok, weird...

105Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:21 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps Murray and Alfie pull a Lamourello and put Alfie on LTIR for the last year of the contract and he retires officially the following season? That way the 4th year is a $0.00 cap hit?

- Unknown Author

106Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:36 am

$5.75M x 3 = $17.25M
+ $4.875M = $22.125M

I think the 5.75 is only in year 1 therefore:
5.75, 5.4, 5.4, 4.875 would be the approx cap hits over four years.

107Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:40 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:

$5.75M x 3 = $17.25M
+ $4.875M = $22.125M

I think the 5.75 is only in year 1 therefore:
5.75, 5.4, 5.4, 4.875 would be the approx cap hits over four years.

That adds up a little closer.

108Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!! Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:43 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps Murray and Alfie pull a Lamourello and put Alfie on LTIR for the last year of the contract and he retires officially the following season? That way the 4th year is a $0.00 cap hit?

There is one flaw with your plan.

The captain will never retire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum