GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal!

+12
Riprock
SensFan71
asq2
wprager
Phoenix30
SensGirl11
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
PTFlea
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Empty Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Breaking news! No details yet.

http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/5021976209

WICKED!

EDIT: $1.4M deal. Cap hit: $700k/season.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/10/20/11463466.html

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

AWESOME!!!!

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Murray was just on Hockey Central at noon and i didnt hear him mention that. Hopefully its true.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow! A little early to be giving the guy a 2 year deal don't you think? I mean Shannon played a third of a season before being rewarded with a one year deal.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:Murray was just on Hockey Central at noon and i didnt hear him mention that. Hopefully its true.

It is for sure true, yeah.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bramlet07 wrote:Murray was just on Hockey Central at noon and i didnt hear him mention that. Hopefully its true.
Yeah, you'd think he would have mentioned it.

NHL_Sens is the official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators so that's coming from the Sens.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No effin way.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Way.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Look which smiley I got just for such an occasion:

Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! 805406

10Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:34 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I hope the money is right around league minimum +15%.

11Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:34 pm

I think Carkner is the real deal. Perhaps they are trying to ink him while he is hungry? I also heard he is living in a hotel with his family while they wait to figure out if he is going to be in Ottawa alll year. Perhaps this will help him answer that question also.

I think it is a good move if they got him on the cheap.

12Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:I think Carkner is the real deal. Perhaps they are trying to ink him while he is hungry? I also heard he is living in a hotel with his family while they wait to figure out if he is going to be in Ottawa alll year. Perhaps this will help him answer that question also.

I think it is a good move if they got him on the cheap.

That, I just don't get. There's plenty of vacancies in Winchester.

13Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My guess is 550K per year, one way obviously.

14Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:My guess is 550K per year, one way obviously.

That's what I was thinking too. Just make it a one-way deal and he should be happy with that.

15Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:My guess is 550K per year, one way obviously.

That's what I was thinking too. Just make it a one-way deal and he should be happy with that.

Yeah 100% he'll be happy just making the NHL for real. Like Shannon and Elliott. Good work Murray (don't be over 700K please though). Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! 805406

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum