GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal!

+12
Riprock
SensFan71
asq2
wprager
Phoenix30
SensGirl11
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
PTFlea
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:Atta boy MC Hammer (I really like that nickname, however is credited with that). Not a lot of money by NHL standards, but it is a lot for most people, so it's nice to see him get rewarded and hopefully he and his family can settle in safe and sound knowing he will be around a little longer.

I brought it here but I first heard it over on Scarlett Ice.
Still not liking it.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:100% the head to head compition. That number 6 role, playing on the right side. Carkner fills a need while playing the right side, Lee, not so much, he doesnt bring anything The Sens dont have or need. They are very much different players but they were both fighting for that same spot.

If A Train is signed, Lee wont be playing in Ottawa until he is at least 25 years old. Absolutely no spot for him anywhere on that blueline, even without A Train I have a hard time seeing it... but it makes it a little easier to make an arguement for him.

I was thinking more of Lee as a replacement for Campoli, although he can't shoot. In any case, with Kuba probably coming back Saturday this becomes a moot point.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:Atta boy MC Hammer (I really like that nickname, however is credited with that). Not a lot of money by NHL standards, but it is a lot for most people, so it's nice to see him get rewarded and hopefully he and his family can settle in safe and sound knowing he will be around a little longer.

I brought it here but I first heard it over on Scarlett Ice.
Still not liking it.

That's too bad, 'cause ... can't touch this.

Just WOW, what a year for this guy. How can you not love Matt Carkner?

I'm starting to wonder whether the Sens really need to keep Sutton... he's looking really sluggish in the play offs. Carkner has been solid

Sutton needs to be resigned, he provides a lot of protection to Karlsson where he can play with a lot of confidence and bigger then he truly is. Carkner is a great story and fills a need that no one else can, but he is a 6, 7 D man and that's where he needs to be placed.

Sutton is a number 4 guy and can play some big minutes. I think Sutton is pretty close to a must to resign at seasons end. He also fills a need.

N4L wrote:Sutton needs to be resigned, he provides a lot of protection to Karlsson where he can play with a lot of confidence and bigger then he truly is. Carkner is a great story and fills a need that no one else can, but he is a 6, 7 D man and that's where he needs to be placed.

Sutton is a number 4 guy and can play some big minutes. I think Sutton is pretty close to a must to resign at seasons end. He also fills a need.

so sutton or A train.. not both?

I could go for a 2 year 3M contract for sutton... i think that's fair.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:Sutton needs to be resigned, he provides a lot of protection to Karlsson where he can play with a lot of confidence and bigger then he truly is. Carkner is a great story and fills a need that no one else can, but he is a 6, 7 D man and that's where he needs to be placed.

Absolutely. One of the reasons Karlsson has been able to lead the team in ice time is having Sutton out there watching his back. In fact, I wonder if that's one of the reasons he's looked "sluggish" or hesitant. Maybe his first priority is to keep close to the Kid, both for protection against bullying tactics as well as to cover up for rookie mistakes.

On the other hand, I have to agree that he hasn't exactly looked very good. He continues to give Crosby way too much space and respect.

DirtyDave wrote:

What A Train did last night showed why everyone wants him resigned. What he did the previous 20 games he showed why you cant break the bank to do it. I love the guy but he's limited in what he could do and will be looking for a long term deal and a good cap hit.

Sutton on a 2 or 3 year deal would be perfect if the cap hit is 3 mil or less.

In all honesty, I think Gryba comes in and plays with Phillips next year being a RH shot and being physically mature enough to take on the role of A Train.

85Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:19 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

DirtyDave wrote:

What A Train did last night showed why everyone wants him resigned. What he did the previous 20 games he showed why you cant break the bank to do it. I love the guy but he's limited in what he could do and will be looking for a long term deal and a good cap hit.

Sutton on a 2 or 3 year deal would be perfect if the cap hit is 3 mil or less.

In all honesty, I think Gryba comes in and plays with Phillips next year being a RH shot and being physically mature enough to take on the role of A Train.

Excellent analysis, I really like Volchenkov but he's already turned down what I figure to be a fair offer from Murray. Sutton has looked beatable on many plays this post season, but that's because he's not a top pairing dman ideally, yet he's being exposed by talented players such as Crosby or Malkin. Plus, as others have said, he's out there with Karlsson who has not so coincidentally been on fire since the Sutton deal. Ottawa needs to resign Sutton IMO.

86Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:22 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

And what a pleasant surprise Carkner has been for us this year. Good on Murray and Clouston for giving him a chance and recognizing his value, and great work by Carkner never giving up.

87Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:06 am

beerandsens wrote:And what a pleasant surprise Carkner has been for us this year. Good on Murray and Clouston for giving him a chance and recognizing his value, and great work by Carkner never giving up.

That's what is so encouraging if you look at Murray's body of work this year. He knew Carkner was an NHL player after 5 games and knew that he brought something no one else in th organization couldnt, he locked him up ASAP. I loved the deal from the very second it happend while A LOT of people were screaming for Brian Lee (lmao). That's a huge reason I post on this site and no others, people here know what's going on and have a realistic point of view.

Anyways, having Carkner signed and locked up for 2 years and perhaps beyond will garentee The Sens dont get pushed around in the regular season and he gives The Sens good mins even strength and another big body ok the PK. He is a great team mate by all accounts, keeps things loose in the dressing room, and is pretty much already under paid at 700K a year.

Best story in The NHL this year and I think he should be a finalist for the masterson, perhaps win it (a bit of bias though).

88Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Carkner has already paid for his own salary this year and half of next by giving Melnyk a third home game.

89Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Who ever is on the hockey futures board, can they bump up the "carkner signs 2 year extension" thread? Please, because it might be one of the greatest things Ive ever read in terms how what people had to say, haha. Hockey Futures is a place for morons to say the least.

90Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:Who ever is on the hockey futures board, can they bump up the "carkner signs 2 year extension" thread? Please, because it might be one of the greatest things Ive ever read in terms how what people had to say, haha. Hockey Futures is a place for morons to say the least.

If you mean http://www.hockeysfuture.com I can't find a thread on his signing there.

91Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:58 pm

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=694402

Someone bump that so some people can see how stupid they turly are.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=694402

Someone bump that so some people can see how stupid they turly are.

Done.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Although I read some comments on the first and last pages and they were all positive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum