GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal!

+12
Riprock
SensFan71
asq2
wprager
Phoenix30
SensGirl11
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
PTFlea
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

91Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 7 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:58 pm

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=694402

Someone bump that so some people can see how stupid they turly are.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=694402

Someone bump that so some people can see how stupid they turly are.

Done.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Although I read some comments on the first and last pages and they were all positive.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Carkner is running a blog. Here's the latest entry:

Matt Carkner wrote:
A Night To Remember

Even today, it's still amazing to think that I scored the winning goal in triple overtime of the biggest game of our season. It’s pretty surreal but it can happen to anyone. You never know who’s going to score that winning goal in a big game like that one.

I finally saw a replay of the goal this morning. All I wanted to do was get it past the first guy who was going down to block it. Fortunately, I think it hit Matt Cooke and deflected in. It was just a good bounce and that’s what’s going to happen when you’re playing three overtimes.

My phone was exploding by the time I got in the dressing room. It was pretty funny. Everyone who’s on my contact list was sending me messages. I got a lot of messages from friends back home. They just can’t believe it. I was talking with my dad this morning and he said he’s got a ton of faxes from insurance agencies and people that he deals with. He’s pretty excited but he says it’s cutting into his business. Everyone just wants to talk hockey.

I didn't get home until 3:30 a.m. and because I knew it would be so late, I basically communicated through my cellphone with everyone before we got on the plane. My wife mentioned she’d called my dad. He had a few celebratory beers and was feeling pretty happy and I ended up calling him, too. Just all the messages I got was insane. It was great hearing that they were real happy for me and happy we’re going on to Game 6.

People wonder, I'm sure, how you get through a game like that. You tend to definitely make sure you take better angles on defence. You’re not looking to get into too many foot races. Just being smart is what it's about. It does get tiring. Guys start cramping up and that kind of thing. On any given play, if you get a guy who’s feeling fresh against a guy who’s feeling really cramped up, maybe they have the advantage and that can make a difference.

I think we did a good job in between periods taking care of ourselves. That’s when our training staff comes in handy. They really take care of us. They had snacks out for us, fruit, bagels, they had Power Bars … everything we need. Electrolytes, all kinds of stuff. They were guiding us on how we felt and what we should do to keep ourselves going.

The equipment staff is very important, too. They were getting us fresh jerseys that weren’t soaked and heavy, fresh clothes and socks and all that stuff that nobody outside our dressing room really thinks about. It’s a lot of work that they’re doing to get us ready for each period.

As you can imagine, we're all pretty tired today. Even the sleep for me last night was in and out. It’s a different kind of sleep that you have after a game like that. Your body’s going through a lot of different things. But I’m feeling better now and guys are feeling pretty up and ready for the next game. Now we hope we can win one in front of our fans and keep this going.

N4L wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
N4L wrote:Sutton needs to be resigned, he provides a lot of protection to Karlsson where he can play with a lot of confidence and bigger then he truly is. Carkner is a great story and fills a need that no one else can, but he is a 6, 7 D man and that's where he needs to be placed.

Sutton is a number 4 guy and can play some big minutes. I think Sutton is pretty close to a must to resign at seasons end. He also fills a need.

so sutton or A train.. not both?

I could go for a 2 year 3M contract for sutton... i think that's fair.

What A Train did last night showed why everyone wants him resigned. What he did the previous 20 games he showed why you cant break the bank to do it. I love the guy but he's limited in what he could do and will be looking for a long term deal and a good cap hit.

Sutton on a 2 or 3 year deal would be perfect if the cap hit is 3 mil or less.

In all honesty, I think Gryba comes in and plays with Phillips next year being a RH shot and being physically mature enough to take on the role of A Train.

Physically mature and mentally prepared are two very different things. We all know that the NCAA is a good stepping stone to the NHL and tends to prepare prospects surprisingly well for the challenge of the NHL, but it is a massive jump to go from defending against Bobby Butler and co. to Sidney Crosby and Alexandre Ovechkin....Expecting Gryba next year might be a bit much...it could happen, though...but I wouldn't count on it. Either way, the only two players not wearing #24 that I would want playing with Phillips are Karlsson or Kuba. (Campoli might actually be alright in that capacity...man was he amazing last night!)

Campoli was fantastic that entire series. I think we are starting to see what Murray invisioned with him, he might be worth that 26th overall pick after all.

Gohan wrote:
N4L wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
N4L wrote:Sutton needs to be resigned, he provides a lot of protection to Karlsson where he can play with a lot of confidence and bigger then he truly is. Carkner is a great story and fills a need that no one else can, but he is a 6, 7 D man and that's where he needs to be placed.

Sutton is a number 4 guy and can play some big minutes. I think Sutton is pretty close to a must to resign at seasons end. He also fills a need.

so sutton or A train.. not both?

I could go for a 2 year 3M contract for sutton... i think that's fair.

What A Train did last night showed why everyone wants him resigned. What he did the previous 20 games he showed why you cant break the bank to do it. I love the guy but he's limited in what he could do and will be looking for a long term deal and a good cap hit.

Sutton on a 2 or 3 year deal would be perfect if the cap hit is 3 mil or less.

In all honesty, I think Gryba comes in and plays with Phillips next year being a RH shot and being physically mature enough to take on the role of A Train.

Physically mature and mentally prepared are two very different things. We all know that the NCAA is a good stepping stone to the NHL and tends to prepare prospects surprisingly well for the challenge of the NHL, but it is a massive jump to go from defending against Bobby Butler and co. to Sidney Crosby and Alexandre Ovechkin....Expecting Gryba next year might be a bit much...it could happen, though...but I wouldn't count on it. Either way, the only two players not wearing #24 that I would want playing with Phillips are Karlsson or Kuba. (Campoli might actually be alright in that capacity...man was he amazing last night!)

If you look at the seniors that come out of Boston, a lot of them jump right to The NHL. Gryba, even if only for a short period, had the chance to see what the pro game was like at The AHL level and he excelled. He may very well be mentally ready for The NHL game because of the simple game he plays. Like I said, if any rookie makes this team on the blueline next year, IMO it's Gryba. He's already a better option then Lee.

Like I have been saying the entire series, Murray has something in Campoli.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gohan wrote:

I didn't know Ovechkin was French!

Just yanking your chain, probably a typo Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum