GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silfverberg signs 3 year deal with Sens/will stay in Sweden for 1 more year

+10
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
LeCaptain
shabbs
spader
wprager
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jakob Silfverberg has decided to stay another year in Sweden rather than going over to play for the #Sens. Will be a force in the SEL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I`m having problems seeing how this is better then playing in Bingo for his development for the sens. The only thing I can imagine is that he'll get more money staying in Sweden.
At least in NA he might have gotten some call-up time.
Not good.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whatever, doesn't matter I guess.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PS I am seeing nothing of this deal anywhere else.

NVM found the Swedish article. Still would like Sens to confirm.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He is risking being passed by others on the depth chart.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I`m having problems seeing how this is better then playing in Bingo for his development for the sens. The only thing I can imagine is that he'll get more money staying in Sweden.
At least in NA he might have gotten some call-up time.
Not good.

It's close to being the same development as Bingo, the SEL is a top league as well. I'm slightly annoyed that he won't be over here so we can watch his development, but at the same time it should make him better when he comes to training camp next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:He is risking being passed by others on the depth chart.

I thought the same thing when I heard it. It helps him that he's one of our top forward prospects, but don't wait too long or a guy like Da Costa or the 1st round pick, or Condra will get their spot and hang onto it for dear life and there won't be any room until injuries.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's a winger so he'll be fine. We don't have too many winger prospects right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:He's a winger so he'll be fine. We don't have too many winger prospects right now.

True, he can play all 3 F positions I think. He's the 2nd line LW of the future - or maybe top line for spurts.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:He's a winger so he'll be fine. We don't have too many winger prospects right now.

True, he can play all 3 F positions I think. He's the 2nd line LW of the future - or maybe top line for spurts.

If he can play all three F positions, then he's already extremely valuable to the future of the team. I don't think another year of development in the SEL will be a setback. I agree with you though, SD. It sucks that we won't be able to see his development the way that we could if he was in B-town.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
If he can play all three F positions, then he's already extremely valuable to the future of the team. I don't think another year of development in the SEL will be a setback. I agree with you though, SD. It sucks that we won't be able to see his development the way that we could if he was in B-town.

Yeah, he was a great pick by Dorion, Forsberg and co. - perhaps one of their best IMO. He's a very Detroit style player from what I've read, good defensively, laser shot, hard worker. Looking forward to his development.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:PS I am seeing nothing of this deal anywhere else.

NVM found the Swedish article. Still would like Sens to confirm.
Swedish article: http://gd.se/sport/brynas/1.3298609-silverberg-skrev-pa-for-ottawa

Yeah, would be nice to see a presser from the Sens...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bingo and SEL may be similar in talent level, but there's one thing he won't be able to get in Sweden: a bus ride up to Ottawa.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Bingo and SEL may be similar in talent level, but there's one thing he won't be able to get in Sweden: a bus ride up to Ottawa.

Thinking Hmmm...Binghamton NY in all its glory - with a chance to smell the NHL 5 times, or beautiful, homeland Sweden.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Alfie never played in the AHL Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum