GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens

+11
shabbs
wprager
Ev
jawal
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
NEELY
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Empty Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure of the details yet...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This will be huge in telling our lineups. Is it 1-way or 2-way, or like Potulny, 2-way for year 1 and 1-way for year 2?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Solid. Really like this kid and is probably one of my favorite prospects in the organization. If it's a one way deal then that's a pretty solid move, two way I would feel bad for him as I think he earned his playing time last year in a big way.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I would be really surprised if it's not 1-way. People have been forgetting about Condra a lot in their 2011 line-up projections, but I just don't see him not getting a 1-way deal, especially if he's settled so early.

Guess we're about to find out, tho'.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If it isn't a 1 way deal I think it would be a pretty big slap in the face. Him and Greening have done everything asked of them in what ever role they are asked to play.

At his peak, I think Condra could be a 20-20 to a 25-25 guy depending on where he eventually fits in on the team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Solid. Really like this kid and is probably one of my favorite prospects in the organization. If it's a one way deal then that's a pretty solid move, two way I would feel bad for him as I think he earned his playing time last year in a big way.

rooneypoo wrote:I would be really surprised if it's not 1-way. People have been forgetting about Condra a lot in their 2011 line-up projections, but I just don't see him not getting a 1-way deal, especially if he's settled so early.

Again though, IMO Potulny's contract has changed things. Very creative by McPhee to get him to a 2-way, then a 1-way in year 2. I can see that happening here, but I can also see a 1-way. And if that's the case...something's gonna have to happen via trade I would imagine.

That said, I think he's earned a 1-way. I can't see one last year in Bingo as the Captain hurting him, but I think he's probably NHL ready. Same with Greening, same with Butler. Very happy for these guys! Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1-way deal, confirmed.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Solid. Really like this kid and is probably one of my favorite prospects in the organization. If it's a one way deal then that's a pretty solid move, two way I would feel bad for him as I think he earned his playing time last year in a big way.

rooneypoo wrote:I would be really surprised if it's not 1-way. People have been forgetting about Condra a lot in their 2011 line-up projections, but I just don't see him not getting a 1-way deal, especially if he's settled so early.

Again though, IMO Potulny's contract has changed things. Very creative by McPhee to get him to a 2-way, then a 1-way in year 2. I can see that happening here, but I can also see a 1-way. And if that's the case...something's gonna have to happen via trade I would imagine.

That said, I think he's earned a 1-way. I can see one last year in Bingo as the Captain hurting him, but I think he's probably NHL ready. Same with Greening, same with Butler. Very happy for these guys! Ahhhhh!

FYI, that Potulny contract is not all that new. Nycolat was given precisely the same kind of deal, and by Muckler, I believe.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:1-way deal, confirmed.

Not at all surprised.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Source?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
FYI, that Potulny contract is not all that new. Nycolat was given precisely the same kind of deal, and by Muckler, I believe.

Yeah, I know, it's something that's totally underused though IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Source?

Everyone basically. Ian Mendes specifically if you must know.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Source?

Mendes.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Source?

Everyone basically. Ian Mendes specifically if you must know.

Seems pretty solid. Brent Wallace would have worked too or even Dan Seguin.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Seems pretty solid. Brent Wallace would have worked too or even Dan Seguin.

I figured you were f-ing around there, I may have kind of come off as a wiener. I blame it on Rooney this time (for fun). TwoThumbsUp!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum