GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens

+11
shabbs
wprager
Ev
jawal
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
NEELY
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1-way deal, confirmed.

Source?

Mendes.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1-way deal, confirmed.

Source?

Everyone basically. Ian Mendes specifically if you must know.

Seems pretty solid. Brent Wallace would have worked too or even Dan Seguin.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I figured you were f-ing around there, I may have kind of come off as a wiener. I blame it on Rooney this time (for fun). TwoThumbsUp!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I figured you were f-ing around there, I may have kind of come off as a wiener. I blame it on Rooney this time (for fun). TwoThumbsUp!

Rooney's a good pick for blame. Wink Of course I'm messing around, I actually heard it on the Team.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Yes......

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Makes 11 forwards with 1 way deals by my count.

If Condra and Greening get 1 way deals, I think Butler's will have to be as well - which will make 12.

Filatov is on an ELC but most would likely have him pencilled in to make the team, which would mean carrying an extra forward for sure. Leaves guys like Da Costa, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Petersson with little room at camp unless moves are made.

Could be a silver lining for Petersson in that with Silfverberg and Zibanejad likely to return to Sweden he puts himself in line as a likely call up in the event of injuries.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

$625K cap hit.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Way to go Anacondra!!! I think he earned it after showcasing his tenacity and penchant for dirty goals

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, that's a nice deal for the Sens.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

I always wonder what the negotiations looked like -

This deal makes me wonder if he was also offered a 2 way deal with more NHL money.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

Basically the same deal as colton gilles, a mid first rounder in the next draft year. Pretty good for Condra, the 211th overall pick.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Da lil Guy wrote:Makes 11 forwards with 1 way deals by my count.

If Condra and Greening get 1 way deals, I think Butler's will have to be as well - which will make 12.

Filatov is on an ELC but most would likely have him pencilled in to make the team, which would mean carrying an extra forward for sure. Leaves guys like Da Costa, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Petersson with little room at camp unless moves are made.

Could be a silver lining for Petersson in that with Silfverberg and Zibanejad likely to return to Sweden he puts himself in line as a likely call up in the event of injuries.

My guess is they are trying to get Butler to a 4 or 5 year contract. Question is.. will Butler do that -- consider it will probably buy a couple of his UFA years. They will have to give him a pretty good salary at the end.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Da lil Guy wrote:Makes 11 forwards with 1 way deals by my count.

My guess is they are trying to get Butler to a 4 or 5 year contract. Question is.. will Butler do that -- consider it will probably buy a couple of his UFA years. They will have to give him a pretty good salary at the end.

I highly doubt they would commit 4 or 5 years to a guy who has played like 30 some NHL games.

It's a 1, 2, or 3 year deal tops

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

I think the Sens will want a 2 year deal so that he remains RFA at the end (assuming there's not change to how free agency works in any new CBA).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, so the next question: who's the first surplus forward to be moved?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:OK, so the next question: who's the first surplus forward to be moved?
It's getting tight up in here... I wonder if we'll see Winch traded...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:OK, so the next question: who's the first surplus forward to be moved?
It's getting tight up in here... I wonder if we'll see Winch traded...

I think someone like Regin or Foligno might have to be used to sweeten the pot on a deal to get Kuba out of town. Of course unless the return is a prospect or pick, we're no better off than we were before.

Hmm, a bit of a dilemma for Bryan to sort out.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Indeed. Butler getting a 1-way deal will force a move for sure...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum