GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens

+11
shabbs
wprager
Ev
jawal
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
NEELY
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:OK, so the next question: who's the first surplus forward to be moved?
It's getting tight up in here... I wonder if we'll see Winch traded...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:OK, so the next question: who's the first surplus forward to be moved?

I think someone like Regin or Foligno might have to be used to sweeten the pot on a deal to get Kuba out of town. Of course unless the return is a prospect or pick, we're no better off than we were before.

Hmm, a bit of a dilemma for Bryan to sort out.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Indeed. Butler getting a 1-way deal will force a move for sure...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
I think someone like Regin or Foligno might have to be used to sweeten the pot on a deal to get Kuba out of town. Of course unless the return is a prospect or pick, we're no better off than we were before.

I can't tell you how pissed off I'd be if we dumped Kuba on a team and had to throw in one of Regin or Foligno to get it done. I'd literally turn into the Hulk and smash some Dung. Laugh1

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

If Kuba got dealt we would not reach the floor, we need to keep his 3.7M on the roster.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oglethorpe wrote:If Kuba got dealt we would not reach the floor, we need to keep his 3.7M on the roster.
How funny is it to hear that said about the Sens... man how times have changed...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

If Kuba got dealt we would not reach the floor, we need to keep his 3.7M on the roster.

Not necessarily. Filatov carries a cap hit of $2.2 million. Cowen and Rundblad are $1.5 and $1.265 respectively. If Zibanejad made the team, that's about $3 million right there.

38Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I don't think it's that bad. Capgeek shows us at $47M with a 20-man roster. That's without Filatov or Butler -- that'll be $3M or a bit over for the two of them. Then there's Cowen's $1.26 and Rundblad's $1.5. That's $4.7 and change, or more than $1M more than Kuba's cap hit, which would bring us just over $48M. If Silf or Zin stick around, so long as their cap hit is on par with Regin's ($1M) or "Foligno's ($1.2M) we're fine.

But, yeah, that floor caught up to us pretty quickly. Anyone else feel there's not enough of a gap between the floor and ceiling?

39Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Not necessarily. Filatov carries a cap hit of $2.2 million. Cowen and Rundblad are $1.5 and $1.265 respectively. If Zibanejad made the team, that's about $3 million right there.
I included Filatov, Runblad and Cowen. If Zibanejad makes the team, then we could move Kuba, if not then we are about 400K short of the floor with a 22 man roster of one-way contracts, along with Filatov, Runblad, Cowen and Karlsson. We would have to carry a 14th forward to hit the floor.

40Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Or Butler could be in for a big pay day.

41Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been assuming a 23-man roster for quite a while.

42Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I've been assuming a 23-man roster for quite a while.
I doubt that management wants to have 3 scratches a night. One extra D and one extra F is enough to provide competition.

We only need to be at 48.3M to start the season. As injuries come into play we will have a buffer against the floor.

43Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Da lil Guy wrote:Or Butler could be in for a big pay day.

At most 1.2, but that would be a 3 year IMO. My guess would be 1.1 X 2. You?

44Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

Regin had 11 games in 08-09and 75 in 09-10 before he got his 2-year deal averaging $1M. No way Butler deserves anything like that after 36 games. Although there's cap-inflation to consider.

45Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Regin had 11 games in 08-09and 75 in 09-10 before he got his 2-year deal averaging $1M. No way Butler deserves anything like that after 36 games. Although there's cap-inflation to consider.

I think this all depends on the length of the deal personally. If it's 1 year, then it's less than a million, if it's more than 1 year, I think it's up there at 1.1 or 1.2 - and don't forget that the cap has increased (again).

46Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:06 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

I think Murray is likely offering slightly more than Greening, but no more than a 2 year deal. 900K range.

I think the deal ends up looking like the one Regin signed last year. 2 years x $1 million - but anywhere up to $1.2 probably isn't out of the question.

47Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens - Page 3 Empty Re: Erik Condra signs 2 year deal with Sens Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Damn, if we're smart, we buy a year of his UFA the more I think about it.

700K next year, 800K the year after, 1.1 the year after that, average of 0.867 and we're all good. Let's shoot for that Murray! Cheers

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Damn, if we're smart, we buy a year of his UFA the more I think about it.

700K next year, 800K the year after, 1.1 the year after that, average of 0.867 and we're all good. Let's shoot for that Murray! Cheers

Sorry, SD, but you've got stars in your eyes. Butler is (as someone pointed out earlier) still just a one-dimensional player. He has chemistry with Spezza and a scorer's knack of being in the right place at the right time, and knowing what to do. He's had a 36-game campaign when the pressure was off and when the opposition may not have been playing their A game (let's face it, most of them probably weren't). Now we are about to see what he's like for a full season under the scrutiny of the other team's best defensive line and pairing. And you want to give him a three-year deal? I suppose it could happen but, after Regin, I don't think it will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum