GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Empty Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The Boston Bruins signed forward David Krejci to a multi-year contract extension on Tuesday.
The contract is a three year deal at $3.5, $3.75 and $4 million per year, respectively.
Krejci established a career high in goals with 22 and points with 73 in 82 games this season. His 51 assists ranked him second on the team behind Marc Savard and he led the league with a +36 rating.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280676

Fantastic figure for Boston. I thought he'd get $5 million+.

2Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Empty Re: Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:
The Boston Bruins signed forward David Krejci to a multi-year contract extension on Tuesday.
The contract is a three year deal at $3.5, $3.75 and $4 million per year, respectively.
Krejci established a career high in goals with 22 and points with 73 in 82 games this season. His 51 assists ranked him second on the team behind Marc Savard and he led the league with a +36 rating.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280676

Fantastic figure for Boston. I thought he'd get $5 million+.

Wow. Sign of things to come? Maybe the stupid GMs are finally on the way out.

3Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Empty Re: Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That is a bargain if I've ever seen one. I hate to say it, but this makes Mike Fisher's contract look AWFUL.

4Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Empty Re: Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle amazing deal. Holy Dung.

5Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Empty Re: Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This also sets massive precedence to what RFAs will make this summer. Maybe UFAs as well. The landscape is changing - and that's a good thing for the fans.

6Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Empty Re: Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:59 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

good for Boston locking this guy up, pretty good money deal for Kreijci as well, he was near tops in the league in plus/minus.

7Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Empty Re: Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Report says Krejci's hip surgery will keep him out 4-6 months. He is very likely to miss training camp and, possibly, the start of the season.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4231987

8Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Empty Re: Bruins sign Krejci to a 3-year deal Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:39 pm

PKC wrote:That is a bargain if I've ever seen one. I hate to say it, but this makes Mike Fisher's contract look AWFUL.

Shrug They're different players, dude; in completely different situations, signed in different off-seasons, by teams with different cap structures...

This signing has absolutely no bearing on anything related to Mike Fisher's contract, nor does it have any bearing on what happens with Chris Neil (as was stipulated in a different thread)

There's still a lot of question marks here and although its a good signing in the current financial landscape of the NHL, its not all that great when you consider that he's an NHL veteran of all of 1 year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum