GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal

+10
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
Tuk Tuk
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
wprager
SensFan71
jamvan
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Empty Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:56 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

MONTREAL -- The Montreal Canadiens signed forward Guillaume Latendresse and defenceman Shawn Belle to one-year deals Wednesday.

Latendresse scored 26 points (14 goals, 12 assists) and served 45 penalty minutes in 56 games with Montreal last season. He missed 21 games due to injury, though still ranked third on the team with 140 hits.

It will be the Ste-Catherine, Que., native's fourth season with the Habs. He has 82 points (46 goals, 36 assists) with 133 penalty minutes in 209 regular-season games with Montreal.

Latendresse was selected in the second round by the Canadiens, 45th overall, in the 2005 draft.

Belle had 13 points last season the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs, where he posted a plus-19 rating with 93 penalty minutes in 60 regular-season games.

The 6-1, 235-pound blue-liner was acquired by the Canadiens from the Minnesota Wild for Corey Locke in July 2008. The Edmonton native has played in nine NHL career games, all with Minnesota in 2006-07

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

depth moves by Montreal, jury is still out on this team to see how they preform with the new changes, should be interesting.

who is the long dress?

Either I missed something or ... yeah, going to keep it nice today Smile

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Blazer wrote:who is the long dress?

Latendresse

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:depth moves by Montreal, jury is still out on this team to see how they preform with the new changes, should be interesting.

14 goals in 56 games? That sounds more like secondary scoring than depth. Plus he hits. I'm a little surprised it's only a 1-year deal. He's one of their three francophones on the team, isn't he?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:
Blazer wrote:who is the long dress?

Latendresse
I still don't get it... Ten != Long in French last time I checked. I've always referred to him a The Tender One.

Wink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard an american anouncer pronounce his name: Latin Dress so that is what I call him. I also call Meszaros - Mets-a-rosh because of RDS Smile

- Unknown Author

8Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. I always say Begin like the english word "begin"... and whenever I hear Numinem's name, I can't help but hear Jerry Seinfeld saying "Newman!" in my head. It's so strange... but it is what it is.

Sigh... slow news day eh?

9Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What about Yashin to rhyme with Lachine? Easiest Russian name and they still managed to screw it up.

10Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Surprised it's only a one year deal. He put up good numbers last year, with bottom six minutes. He's pretty deserving of top 6 minutes, but those wont be taken away from one of the sisters.

11Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The best screw up of a player name is by far the one I heard on NHL2K5 I think it was 5 anyway.

The anouncer they used pronounced Husilieus as Useless.

- Unknown Author

12Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

how about Semin on NHL08?

Semen rushed up the ice Facepalm

13Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:how about Semin on NHL08?

Laughing3

14Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:how about Semin on NHL08?

I still think Useless is way better Razz

- Unknown Author

15Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guys, the name should be spelled Syomin. There are two versions of the letter 'e' in the Russian alphabet. The plain one is pronounced 'yeh' and the one with the umlaut above it is pronounced 'yo'.

Алекса́ндр Вале́рьевич Сёмин

It's not semin and it's not semen. It's Syomin. We are (almost) all past puberty. Can we just say we've had enough making pimply-faced jokes about someone's name?

P.S. Varlamov said he'll change the spelling of his name for a similar season. The Russian spelling of his name is "Семён". The 'eo' in "Simeon" was meant to indicate that it was not the regular 'e'. Unfortunately it didn't really work because "Simeon" is fairly common here and is not pronounced the same as he had intended. If I was Semin's agent (or a team advisor) I would have changed the spelling before any jerseys were sold.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum