GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal

+10
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
Tuk Tuk
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
wprager
SensFan71
jamvan
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:32 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

It's way too boring in the hockey world. Any moves that are being made lately are people and teams I could care less about.

I don't think we'll have much to talk about until the end of august.

47Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:49 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
Speaking of HA HA, has anyone seen N4L lately?

He said that people were being crazy in this long, drawn out Heatley saga - and that fights were bound to happen. He said he'd wait until August - or maybe even training camp to post.

I'm not sure I buy it 100%, but I have to admit, it's dead as disco in the hockey world.

Just start a thread titled "Spezza will one day wear the 'C'" and he'll be back (P5).

48Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:59 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:
wprager wrote:"ten" (sounds like "tuhn" in French) sounds like long?
Just forget it. LMFAO! There's nothing to read into, it's just what me and my uncles, who hate the Habs call him. Trust me, I'm fully (not by choice) bilingual.
HA! Well, when you put it in a subject header... and it's not clear... expect questions...

Wink
I never thought it would bring so many questions.

From this day forward, he is now known as "The Long Dress" OK? LOL!
Get your Uncles on here to explain it!

HA HA!

They are all Bruins Fans, so you wouldn't like the language. ha ha
I probably would!

HA HA!

49Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty it wouldn't matter Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:20 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

it wouldn't matter if they did sign a player by the name of lond dress--i'm a habs fan but the flip flopping going on in the gazette in regards to gaineyn is just sickening--it makes it hard being a habs fan--in 5 years he has absolutely done very minimal as a GM--just look at his overall record--last year reporter stubbs/boone were saying how great kovalev is--now that he is gone he was an inconsistent player and gainey knew it and thats why he didn't sign him, last year according to the 2 reporters, koivu was a great leader, a great captian(he was in my opinion) and now he lacked the desire and blah blah--you can't win with these reporters in the gazette(stubbs//boone)

anybody thats says gainey is doing a good job--thats fine--just give me the objective data that supports it b/c there is a high degree of objective data that states he has been doing a lousy job--he should be fired

50Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:it wouldn't matter if they did sign a player by the name of lond dress--i'm a habs fan but the flip flopping going on in the gazette in regards to gaineyn is just sickening--it makes it hard being a habs fan--in 5 years he has absolutely done very minimal as a GM--just look at his overall record--last year reporter stubbs/boone were saying how great kovalev is--now that he is gone he was an inconsistent player and gainey knew it and thats why he didn't sign him, last year according to the 2 reporters, koivu was a great leader, a great captian(he was in my opinion) and now he lacked the desire and blah blah--you can't win with these reporters in the gazette(stubbs//boone)

anybody thats says gainey is doing a good job--thats fine--just give me the objective data that supports it b/c there is a high degree of objective data that states he has been doing a lousy job--he should be fired

Sadly, this sounds like Ottawa a lot of the time.

Welcome BTW, we have one Habs fan in Howie, good to have another.

PS If we ever say anything stupid about the Habs while you're around, remind us to STFU. :^^^^:

51Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mind you SidStu, now that I think about it, Gainey didn't really have much choice. His entire roster were UFAs, he let Kovalev walk, but replaced him with Cammelleri, who can be quite the sniper in his own right. Koivu walks, Gomez is brought it. Not really a downgrade, but not the upgrade I thought the Habs would do - and the price tag is downright sickening. So...not good there.

Tanguay walks, Gionta is brought in. Chemistry with Gomez from their Cup winning days in NJ. Good signing - unfortunately, now the Habs have a top line that is fairly small, but quick and talented for sure.

They sign Moen - a great signing IMO. Some grit and toughness is needed when you're top forwards are smaller than the average.

Letting Komisarek go was a mistake, but he was being destroyed in Montreal. Odd that he chose to go to Toronto, where they hate you most of the time and love you rarely. Not to mention, his destroyer (Lucic) still plays in the division. Odd move.

Spacek was overpaid. I won't sugercoat that, I have no idea what Gainey was doing there.

Mara was a great pickup. Fits the Habs like a glove.

Hal Gill was fairly silly. Now, if Gainey had waited and nabbed D.Morris as well as Mara, we'd be talking something cool, but Gill...meh...he's okay, but slow as Dung.

I guess line 2 will be Plekanic and the Kostystyn? They better have a comeback year and a half for the Habs to make some noise.

Same with Price, he'd better be prepped to be amazing, or it may not be too different from last year IMO.

52Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:41 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i here what you are saying but come on--this is what kills me about gainey, 3 years ago he said that we need to go through the draft, free agents and trades is not the answer, he basically makes montreal into a european team, 2 years ago at the deadline montreal was in 1st place--he trades huet rather than gambling and going for the cup on the trade deadline--his arguement we need to worry about tomorrow-what a joke--your winning at the poker table and you are not going to go for the win, now 3 years later, he goes after overrated free agents except for cammalleri, does not increase the size, and yet he is still doing a great job--what will it take for the gazette to say he is not doing a good job--thats all i'm asking--red fisher and jack todd are the only 2 reporters that have assigned blame to gainey for this mess

i also like the moen acqusition--but this is what kills me about gainey again--3 years ago speed not size is the way to go-now he signs moen, mara, gill--he doesn't know what direction to go--he should be fired-he has done a horrible job with his conservative moves and flip flopping statements

53Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:54 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

sidstu wrote:i here what you are saying but come on--this is what kills me about gainey, 3 years ago he said that we need to go through the draft, free agents and trades is not the answer, he basically makes montreal into a european team, 2 years ago at the deadline montreal was in 1st place--he trades huet rather than gambling and going for the cup on the trade deadline--his arguement we need to worry about tomorrow-what a joke--your winning at the poker table and you are not going to go for the win, now 3 years later, he goes after overrated free agents except for cammalleri, does not increase the size, and yet he is still doing a great job--what will it take for the gazette to say he is not doing a good job--thats all i'm asking--red fisher and jack todd are the only 2 reporters that have assigned blame to gainey for this mess

i also like the moen acqusition--but this is what kills me about gainey again--3 years ago speed not size is the way to go-now he signs moen, mara, gill--he doesn't know what direction to go--he should be fired-he has done a horrible job with his conservative moves and flip flopping statements

Wow, someone who sees the Habs without rose-colored glasses on. Never thought I'd see the day.

Also, excuse me for being blunt, but what the Diddle has he done in the draft either? He has a couple of decent prospects like Subban and Pacioretty. But what else is there?

And the free agent dip he did this year failed to address the one area where the Canadiens have had question marks for a while now...a gamebreaker. A bonafide star/superstar talent capable of winning games on his own.

Instead he got fleeced for Gomez, he paid through the face for Cammalleri and Gionta and he has an ok potential second line of Plekanec + Kostitsyns.

I think the Habs have a decent team regular season-wise, probably a 5-7th place finish for them. But after that, it's anyone's guess, to be honest.

I think letting Komisarek walk rather than trading Hamrlik is going to end up burning the Habs big time.

54Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No one would have taken Hamrlik. And that's not anything against him, it's against his contract versus what he brings to the table. Big, big contract for a sturdy, but 2 pairing at best D-man.

55Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:03 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:No one would have taken Hamrlik. And that's not anything against him, it's against his contract versus what he brings to the table. Big, big contract for a sturdy, but 2 pairing at best D-man.

Haha, I guess you're right. The only team willing to take a waiver on overpaid players seems to be Montreal right now.

56Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:11 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

he lets souray go for hamirlik--its just a joke and i have to bud heads with my fellow hab fans about this

57Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:he lets souray go for hamirlik--its just a joke and i have to bud heads with my fellow hab fans about this

Well I can assure you that you won't get the sugar coated opinions of the Habs on this site. Glad to have you here and to have another Hab fan perspective. We like to talk about all teams and players but it's nice to have an opinion from someone who follows that particular team closely.

- Unknown Author

58Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
sidstu wrote:he lets souray go for hamirlik--its just a joke and i have to bud heads with my fellow hab fans about this

Well I can assure you that you won't get the sugar coated opinions of the Habs on this site. Glad to have you here and to have another Hab fan perspective. We like to talk about all teams and players but it's nice to have an opinion from someone who follows that particular team closely.

My grandmother calls Gainey "Maudite face de ch'val".

59Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty hab fans Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:42 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i've been a hard core habs fan for a very long time but its hard arguing with my fellow hab fans--everytime you mention anything that criticizes gainey they attack you personally but fail to give any concrete objective data that suggests you are wrong in crticizing him

ihope the sharks do well inthe playoffs this year, i like their style of play and i'm not sure why they can't put it together in the post season

60Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:45 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sidstu wrote:i've been a hard core habs fan for a very long time but its hard arguing with my fellow hab fans--everytime you mention anything that criticizes gainey they attack you personally but fail to give any concrete objective data that suggests you are wrong in crticizing him

ihope the sharks do well inthe playoffs this year, i like their style of play and i'm not sure why they can't put it together in the post season
I take it you're a Carbo fan then? A good friend of mine is a Habs fan and she refused to watch anymore Habs games over the Carbo fiasco... she is not a fan of Gainey's to say the least.

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

61Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I take it you're a Carbo fan then? A good friend of mine is a Habs fan and she refused to watch anymore Habs games aver the Carbo fiasco... she is not a fan of Gainey's to say the least.

You must be friends with my grandmother.

62Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:I take it you're a Carbo fan then? A good friend of mine is a Habs fan and she refused to watch anymore Habs games over the Carbo fiasco... she is not a fan of Gainey's to say the least.

You must be friends with my grandmother.
Your Grandmother is quite hot.

63Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was a big Gainey supporter back when he played and when he was first hired to run the Habs. Something started happening a while back, though. This team is nothing like what I used to cheer for back in the 70s and 80s and early 90s (lived in Montreal for 20 years). Lately it's only gotten worse. Right about the ime he fired Carbonneau I said the man had lost his touch completely. Maybe it goes back to the incident with his daughter -- trust me, losing a child can affect you in so many ways and on so many levels -- you never really recover.

So now he has built a team from scratch, but since he was lmited i his choices, it's not the best team possible. This year he will be stuck in neutral unless Price has a fantastic year. They are one injury away from missing the playoffs, and even without that injury, they may be very close.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum