GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal

+10
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
Tuk Tuk
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
wprager
SensFan71
jamvan
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 5 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I take it you're a Carbo fan then? A good friend of mine is a Habs fan and she refused to watch anymore Habs games aver the Carbo fiasco... she is not a fan of Gainey's to say the least.

You must be friends with my grandmother.

62Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 5 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:52 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:I take it you're a Carbo fan then? A good friend of mine is a Habs fan and she refused to watch anymore Habs games over the Carbo fiasco... she is not a fan of Gainey's to say the least.

You must be friends with my grandmother.
Your Grandmother is quite hot.

63Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 5 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:35 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I was a big Gainey supporter back when he played and when he was first hired to run the Habs. Something started happening a while back, though. This team is nothing like what I used to cheer for back in the 70s and 80s and early 90s (lived in Montreal for 20 years). Lately it's only gotten worse. Right about the ime he fired Carbonneau I said the man had lost his touch completely. Maybe it goes back to the incident with his daughter -- trust me, losing a child can affect you in so many ways and on so many levels -- you never really recover.

So now he has built a team from scratch, but since he was lmited i his choices, it's not the best team possible. This year he will be stuck in neutral unless Price has a fantastic year. They are one injury away from missing the playoffs, and even without that injury, they may be very close.

64Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal - Page 5 Empty Re: Habs sign TheLongDress to 1 year deal Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:59 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i agree with all the above replys--i'll be honest, i was very much in support of gainey comming to montreal but enough is enough, i respect him as a player and from a bussiness point of view he has done good for the habs--they made 45million last year but the product on the ice is garbage--i watch NHLN every night and see what they had in the 80s/90s and yes some years they had bad season but you payed the price when you played them--they got very little warriors on that team thats willing to go the distance--no kidding--gainey draft picks and free agents don't give you that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum