GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal!

+12
Riprock
SensFan71
asq2
wprager
Phoenix30
SensGirl11
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
PTFlea
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

16Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My guess is 550K per year, one way obviously.

17Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:My guess is 550K per year, one way obviously.

That's what I was thinking too. Just make it a one-way deal and he should be happy with that.

18Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:43 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:My guess is 550K per year, one way obviously.

That's what I was thinking too. Just make it a one-way deal and he should be happy with that.

Yeah 100% he'll be happy just making the NHL for real. Like Shannon and Elliott. Good work Murray (don't be over 700K please though). Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 805406

19Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Where's Neely on this?

20Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:47 pm

This is GREAT news. Carkner has shown just how good of a hockey player he truly is. This is just more motivation for the guy to play his heart out.

It's early but no one is going to fight the guys Carkner will fight, no one is going to be 6'6 like Carkner is, not everyone will block the shots he will, and fact of the matter is this guy actually has untapped offensive potential as well as really good defensive awarness and plays within himself.

This is great for his family and for him as well. The Sens have given him to take care of his family which probably means as much if not more to him then actually making the team. The attitude he will now bring into that room is exactly what The Sens have always needed and wanted. A guy that works his Donkey off and truly appriciates what he has.

Good for Carkner and The Sens.

21Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Where's Neely on this?

Wherever he stands I think we're supposed to assume he's right.

22Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:This is GREAT news. Carkner has shown just how good of a hockey player he truly is. This is just more motivation for the guy to play his heart out.

It's early but no one is going to fight the guys Carkner will fight, no one is going to be 6'6 like Carkner is, not everyone will block the shots he will, and fact of the matter is this guy actually has untapped offensive potential as well as really good defensive awarness and plays within himself.

This is great for his family and for him as well. The Sens have given him to take care of his family which probably means as much if not more to him then actually making the team. The attitude he will now bring into that room is exactly what The Sens have always needed and wanted. A guy that works his Donkey off and truly appriciates what he has.

Good for Carkner and The Sens.

There we go. Agreed on all fronts, I was wondering why you weren't more excited. Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 805406

23Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:49 pm

The thing that I have been surprised with is just how smart of a hockey player this guy is. REALLY smart out there and honestly, the way he plays the game and thinks it, he may have coach written all over him oe day.

24Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:50 pm

I think this may mean the end of the line for one of the other defensemen. Signing Carkner to a two-year deal (according to the Sun) means he is part of the plans moving forward.

25Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:50 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Yay Carkner!

26Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Audio form Murray about the signing...

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/091020_Murray.mp3

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/091020_Murray-scrum.mp3

27Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Signing a RH shot for 2 more years, Lee has his work cut out for him in a BIG BIG BIG way. If they resign A Train, Lee wont ever play in Ottawa.

28Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:52 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Where's Neely on this?

Wherever he stands I think we're supposed to assume he's right.

Wasnt wrong about Carkner either, lol.

29Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Confirmed 1-way deal, but no financial details yet.

30Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/10/20/11463466.html

31Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:58 pm

This signing def signals the end of Lee in Ottawa. Murray can't stand him it seems, Clouston has sent him down 2 times in less then a year and they chose and resigned a 28 year old journey man who tried out as a forward and made it as a D man.

The guys playing the right side are now A Train/Karlsson/Carkner... Cowen coming in next year more than likely to play on the left side as well... Picard is showing he's a solid 5/6 guy with Carkner... Lee wont see a game in Ottawa unless the injury bug hits HARD.

32Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Carkner to 2 year $1.4M deal! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:The thing that I have been surprised with is just how smart of a hockey player this guy is. REALLY smart out there and honestly, the way he plays the game and thinks it, he may have coach written all over him oe day.

I think the expectations were that he would be a 6-7 D-man who could give Neil a bit more freedom to play hockey. What would have been considered gravy? Being a "+" player and sticking around as a 5-6 instead of a 6-7?

I especially love how he passes the puck. To me that's the big bonus.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Great news for Carkner. One of the feel-good stories, for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum