GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie about to sign four year deal!!!!!!

+15
The Silfer Server
beedub
Riprock
PTFlea
jamvan
shabbs
rooneypoo
mattshock
wprager
smash88
Cronie
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Mojo
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Press Conference set for 12:30 in Sunrise Florida.

Sweet...

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Sweeeeeeeeet!

It feels like Christmas!!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It does LOL. Nice package!

Its DONE

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:How much weight is off everyone's shoulders right now. Alfie has helped us - and we've rewarded him - but really, Alfie has helped us free up $$ to sign top end talent for the backend. Which means he believes in the way the franchise is going - which makes me want to cry in happiness/relief.

I love it.

If there EVER was a time for a Giggidy Goo jig dance on my desk...IT'S NOW!!!

ALFIE!! ALFIE!! ALFIE!!!

Let's hope the boys hit the ice RUNNIN' tonight and just rout those Panthers!!

I've never been more proud for this team and it's captain. Congrats Murray, Melnyk and Co.

And I'd hate to borrow a line from Dead Poets Society, but join me by getting up on your desks or cubicle walls: "Oh Captain, My Captain!"

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Will he mention Spezza specifically at the Presser? I read that he's elated going forward that we have Spezza, Heatley, Kelly and Fisher all signed long term - and it indicates that team will be very competitive going forward.

I think, as Captain, and armed with a new 4 year package, he should completely put the Spezza Dung to bed by saying that Spezza and Heatley's signings made it 100% clear of the dedication the franchise has to winning.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

honestly, I think he may just do that exact thing dude...
Does anyone know if the presser will be streamed anywhere? I want to watch it from work if I can...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know yet...I assume so. Check Ottawasenators.com?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This is really great news, though hardly unexpecte3d. We all knew he'd never leave. The real surprising thing is the amount of money he left on the table (by that I mean he's worth well more than $5.5 million by todays standards in the open market). Great deal for us. Proves that Alfredsson is a great leader willing to make $2-million less than Heatley to help make this a competitive team.

This really help Murray out for next year, now he can start planning where he will spend the extra money. Will Neil be extended? Hard to say, we have young players who can start taking some of the spots from our veterans (McAmmond, Donovan, Richardson, Kuba). Neil's still young and still is needed for the odd fight.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree Dash.
Neil still brings a lot to the table, and while I'm afraid to jinx it, he hasn't taken a dumb-arse penalty at a critical or inopportune time...YET, and he's plunking his arse in front of the net and getting garbage goals. If he continues, I say extend him for say 3 more years at something like $1.8 - $2.0M at the MOST. Should things sour over the next year or so, move him and let Bass take over.

But you know Murray now has to be careful fiscally because with this upcoming UFA season will be HUGE, coupled with an even deeper draft...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I too hope he says something along the lines of I knew the team was committed to winning when they signed Heater and Spezza long term and it was one of the deciding factors in signing long term here, knowing those two would be here blah blah blah...

That might put this thing to bed right??

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Today's a red-letter day, for sure.

[wow]ALFIE![/wow]

Edit: OK, not sure what happened there, but I used the 'wow' tags. In IE it appears as a large questionmark icon. Hopefully it lloks better in Firefox.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:I agree Dash.
Neil still brings a lot to the table, and while I'm afraid to jinx it, he hasn't taken a dumb-arse penalty at a critical or inopportune time...YET, and he's plunking his arse in front of the net and getting garbage goals. If he continues, I say extend him for say 3 more years at something like $1.8 - $2.0M at the MOST. Should things sour over the next year or so, move him and let Bass take over.

But you know Murray now has to be careful fiscally because with this upcoming UFA season will be HUGE, coupled with an even deeper draft...

$2M would be GREATLY overpaying for Neil.

$1.5M max in my opinion with a guy like Bass waiting in the wings. That said, I hope Neil is retained.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

yeah, I was being OVERLY generous when saying $2M for Neil. I figure if he's making $1.1 now, perhaps, like Donovan and Alfie, he too could sign for the SAME and help keep the team competitive.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Five minutes to the presser... I can't wait!!

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I like the terms, I like the length, obviously I love the fact that he's signed.

If he retires before he's 40, will his number come off the cap?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2 mins... Gotta go check out sens.com/

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

damn it, I can't find a link to watch it live!! ARGH!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum