GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auld to start tomorrow and most likely Saturday.

+12
beedub
PKC
Riprock
shabbs
mattshock
smash88
BigRig
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
PTFlea
SensGirl11
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think something has to be done for sure. Personally I think if we do pick up a Puck mover this is how I'd make room.

Step 1 - Richardson goes to Bingo and acts as an assistant Coach/player

Step 2 - Picard sits in the pressbox unless there's injuries and gets spot duty otherwise

Step 3 - Trade Schubie because he's a valuable asset that is wasted here in Ottawa

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think something has to be done for sure. Personally I think if we do pick up a Puck mover this is how I'd make room.

Step 1 - Richardson goes to Bingo and acts as an assistant Coach/player

Step 2 - Picard sits in the pressbox unless there's injuries and gets spot duty otherwise

Step 3 - Trade Schubie because he's a valuable asset that is wasted here in Ottawa

I agree whole heartedly with everything you said. On the point about Schubert, I think he is really frustrated right now. His interview yesterday he keeped talking about 'just being a professional'. To me he was trying real hard to be politically correct. I am not to sure he will be a Sen for long.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well you're no fun dude. How are we supposed to argue if you agree with everything Wink

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well you're no fun dude. How are we supposed to argue if you agree with everything Wink

Well then I hate you winking smiley face then...

Auld to start tomorrow and most likely Saturday. - Page 5 86440267.uFX11xew.pissWink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice.

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I think all this negative press against Gerber is unwarranted. Just give the guy a chance to get into a groove!!!

Don't hurt me.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was a joke right Matt? It's hard to judge sarcasm on here.

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Definitely sarcasm.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattbond wrote:I think all this negative press against Gerber is unwarranted. Just give the guy a chance to get into a groove!!!

Don't hurt me.
Heh. Well I do think we need to give the TEAM some time and some patience to get together and gel, and I include Gerber in that. Hartsburg is doing what he can to get Gerber going and if that fails, then they'll deal with it as best they can. I'll wait until the 20 game mark until I start to jump up and down if we're not looking better or headed in a good direction.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
mattbond wrote:I think all this negative press against Gerber is unwarranted. Just give the guy a chance to get into a groove!!!

Don't hurt me.
Heh. Well I do think we need to give the TEAM some time and some patience to get together and gel, and I include Gerber in that. Hartsburg is doing what he can to get Gerber going and if that fails, then they'll deal with it as best they can. I'll wait until the 20 game mark until I start to jump up and down if we're not looking better or headed in a good direction.

Why do we have to give him 20 games? We gave him all of last year and he played the exact same way he's playing now... I agree that the team isn't as good as before but, some of the goals Gerber let's in, a peewee goalie could have stopped, the guy has clearly lost his way, I don't need another 15 or so games to confirm me that...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:Why do we have to give him 20 games? We gave him all of last year and he played the exact same way he's playing now... I agree that the team isn't as good as before but, some of the goals Gerber let's in, a peewee goalie could have stopped, the guy has clearly lost his way, I don't need another 15 or so games to confirm me that...
I'm giving the team 20 games, not just Gerber. The reality is that right now, there's not much Murray can do about it to be honest. Khabby's stock is actually rising and it looks like they're going to hold on to him for a bit as he's winning and Huet is sucking it.

I'd like to see Murray give Hartsburg a fair chance at getting things going with the team, including Gerber.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:Why do we have to give him 20 games? We gave him all of last year and he played the exact same way he's playing now... I agree that the team isn't as good as before but, some of the goals Gerber let's in, a peewee goalie could have stopped, the guy has clearly lost his way, I don't need another 15 or so games to confirm me that...
I'm giving the team 20 games, not just Gerber. The reality is that right now, there's not much Murray can do about it to be honest. Khabby's stock is actually rising and it looks like they're going to hold on to him for a bit as he's winning and Huet is sucking it.

I'd like to see Murray give Hartsburg a fair chance at getting things going with the team, including Gerber.

I agree with you that there is no market with Gerber, but that dosen't mean we have to continue playing him... Auld can go in there and play until we either A) find another goalie.. B)Elliot comes up and wins the job or C)for the rest of the season...

really in my opinion how much worse can it be?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It's not fair. 'Bulin, a guy who I thought was in somewhat of the same situation as us with Gerber, his 'stock is rising'. Why can't Gerber's stock ever rise!!??

Just get him out of here, and me out of my misery already.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:how much worse can it be?

An answer I'm sure Gerber will supply on his next start.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:
smash88 wrote:how much worse can it be?

An answer I'm sure Gerber will supply on his next start.

yeah no doubt... 🇳🇴 Crying

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:I agree with you that there is no market with Gerber, but that dosen't mean we have to continue playing him... Auld can go in there and play until we either A) find another goalie.. B)Elliot comes up and wins the job or C)for the rest of the season...

really in my opinion how much worse can it be?
I agree. Give Hartsburg a chance to do/try some things with Auld/Gerber and the rest of the team. I mean, what else can we really do. In the mean time, I'm sure Murray is working the phones to see what can be done.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

My GM Central phone hasn't been exactly ringing off the hook. Picked up earlier today, but fell through.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattbond wrote:My GM Central phone hasn't been exactly ringing off the hook. Picked up earlier today, but fell through.
HA HA!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum