GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bruins start tomorrow and are over the cap

+3
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

If they keep their existing 22 man roster they will be using their entire 4.2M bonus cushion to stay under. Even at that they only have about 500K available.

Yikes!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:If they keep their existing 22 man roster they will be using their entire 4.2M bonus cushion to stay under. Even at that they only have about 500K available.

Yikes!!

Yeah, they didn't do a great job this summer, I won't suger-coat it.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They've got to make another move here or they'll be in serious trouble quickly.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Aren't they still over? Capgeek.com shows them as still over even with the bonus cushion being used... wtf? Are there some injuries that will save them?

The Bruins start tomorrow and are over the cap Kaeeiaacd

Wow.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

is there anyone that can be waived? that (barring any last minute trade) is their only course of action, and even then, since its a 24 hour waiver period, would that be able to work for them?

Expect to see a luxury tax implemented within the next 3 years.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CCgotITcovered wrote:Expect to see a luxury tax implemented within the next 3 years.
The next round of CBA negotiations should be interesting. I would not be surprised if we do see a luxury tax setup put in place.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There should be a few open spots for capologists next season. Where do we apply?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The Bruins start tomorrow and are over the cap 668437 The ghosts of Senators past. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

The Bruins start tomorrow and are over the cap 77838

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rask to the minors and whoever their AHL goalie is to the NHL until they figure it all out.

EDIT: Is what I'd do. I don't give a Diddle how they get themselves out of it. Invoke some of the bonus cushion and 'worry about it next year'.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's Johnny Boychuk and why isn't he in Providence right now?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or Sobotka for that matter.

No worries at all there. One of those two nerds will hit the bricks and that'll be that for now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Who's Johnny Boychuk and why isn't he in Providence right now?

Providence where he scored 65 points? He now has a one-way deal too.

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

**** Lucic is a great deal for them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sabotka has been sent down officially.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]