GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What (if anything) are the Sens doing tomorrow?

+16
sandysensfan
rooneypoo
SDH89
Flo The Action
asq2
dennycrane
22_4_ever
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
spader
wprager
TheAvatar
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We've discussed it up and down, but it's now some 15 hours away from it beginning. What are the Sens gonna do?

I'd be impressed if anyone can nail it personally.

I'll say Upshall (who I don't really want) and Conklin.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm thinking nothing happens tomorrow for The Sens and for once, I'm ok with that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:I'm thinking nothing happens tomorrow for The Sens and for once, I'm ok with that.

Amen to that.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I'm thinking nothing happens tomorrow for The Sens and for once, I'm ok with that.

Amen to that.

As long as by "nothing," you mean "nothing other than signing a backup," I'd be ok with it too.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah Ottawa doesn't need to do anything. A signing implies they are filling a need that can't be filled from within in immediate future. There's no reason to do that, because this team shouldn't be expected to be a playoff contender, and everyone should be ok with that. There's so many young guys in the organization that deserve to be given a chance to play on this team.

If anything I would think that there are a few guys that could be traded to teams that missed out on signings. Kuba might suddenly look good by comparison to other guys who are making a lot more. And since this group of FA's is said to be weak, a guy like Michalek might be a good consolation prize.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a dangerous time in the NHL, gotta be really, really careful. The more I see deals, the more I see agents cashing in on the cap inflation that won't necessarily be staying around.

Ericsson for 3.25 million? All of a sudden perhaps Kuba looks really good to teams, you're right. We could use a 2nd line 2, or a nice sniping winger, but at these prices? No thanks.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

He's big, he's bald, let's bring back Alex Auld

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

But we have guys we hope to develop into 2nd line C's and W's. These days to sign a UFA you have to give big $$$ over long term, which is dumb if you plan on replacing them in a year or two or three with a young guy.

Potential 2nd line C's: Zibanejad, Silfverberg
Potential Wingers: Hoffman, Petersson

Among others.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:He's big, he's bald, let's bring back Alex Auld

That's my vote for back up too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:But we have guys we hope to develop into 2nd line C's and W's. These days to sign a UFA you have to give big $$$ over long term, which is dumb if you plan on replacing them in a year or two or three with a young guy.

Potential 2nd line C's: Zibanejad, Silfverberg
Potential Wingers: Hoffman, Petersson

Among others.

At this point I'm talking about a Brendan Morrison or comparable. Someone with experience, who can come in and get 40 points and be a good influence on our young guys PLUS the added benefit of being old enough that a 1 year will do.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:He's big, he's bald, let's bring back Alex Auld

That's my vote for back up too.

Me three.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

-Sign Alex Auld

-Sign Tyler Kennedy or Max Talbot

Done.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:-Sign Alex Auld

Done.

Sold!

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:-Sign Alex Auld

Done.

Talbot?

You already have him on the team in Zach Smith..why waste money and term on a guy you have 2 or 3 of in the organization that are younger and cheaper. If you're going after a 2nd line C can we please get a guy who can score. We've already had the defensive aware, hard to play against??? C in Fisher...get a damn scorer or guy who generates Offense by dishing. Not some guy who is a hard nosed C. Talbot doesn't do anything for us.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^Agree.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum