GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What (if anything) are the Sens doing tomorrow?

+16
sandysensfan
rooneypoo
SDH89
Flo The Action
asq2
dennycrane
22_4_ever
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
spader
wprager
TheAvatar
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:"Spending money"? Talbot will not fetch a lot, and who cares, they are load in cap space.

This "letting the kids" develop sentiment is odd, when really the only "kid" we would have on the team is Zibanejad.

Having a veteran like Talbot will help all the "kids" out more than another "kid" anyway.

People underestimate what a veteran presence will do for the forward corps. Just ask the Oilers.

I worry for this team if Zack Smith is the third liner.

Problem is ... there could be a lot of teams in on Talbot. That ups the price in a bidding war...

Sens need a backup goaltender and a 2nd line centre.

I think they will try for the goaltender on July 1 -- and wait it out for the centre. They don't want to sign long-term..with Zibby probably in the lineup in 1 yr.. they don't want to spend long term.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The only move I want to see from the Sens today is a trade involving Kuba.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle Burke!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not that I'm on the lynch-mob bandwagon, but I want to see both Cowen and Rundblad get a chance to play some minutes to see where they are. If Rundblad needs some more seasoning in the AHL then bring up Benoit. If Cowen needs to sit-a-spell, Gryba can fill in. Someone was even saying Borowiecky could make the team -- that's crazy talk, but the point is we have a lot of depth on D and need room to bring them up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Diddle Burke!

Explain, please.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, Talbot a Leaf for a couple of hours.

Edit: Make that 90 minutes.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Here are our UFA's according to TSN

F Jason Bailey, F Cody Bass, D Andre Benoit, G Mike Brodeur, F Bobby Butler, F Erik Condra, F Kaspars Daugavins, F Colin Greening, D David Hale, F Ryan Keller, D Geoff Kinrade, G Pascal Leclaire, F Francis Lessard, G Curtis McElhinney, F Ryan Potulny, F Ryan Shannon, D Derek Smith, F Marek Svatos, F Roman Wick

who stays and who gets offers?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Explain, please.

He didn't do anything lol, you said it was ok to name-call when it comes to Burke, so I started. Smile

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Here are our UFA's according to TSN

F Jason Bailey, F Cody Bass, D Andre Benoit, G Mike Brodeur, F Bobby Butler, F Erik Condra, F Kaspars Daugavins, F Colin Greening, D David Hale, F Ryan Keller, D Geoff Kinrade, G Pascal Leclaire, F Francis Lessard, G Curtis McElhinney, F Ryan Potulny, F Ryan Shannon, D Derek Smith, F Marek Svatos, F Roman Wick

who stays and who gets offers?

Wow, that list is, uh, poorly done. Butler, Condra, Daugavins, Kinrade, and Wick are all RFAs (big difference), and Greening was re-signed to a 1-way deal weeks ago.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Oh, Talbot a Leaf for a couple of hours.

I'm not seeing any new reports on this for today's news...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TSNBobMcKenzie
MIN re-signs goalie Harding to 1 year deal at $750K.

Diddle!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Murray was a lot more active in the draft than I thought he'd be. While I do expect him to stay idle today and sign a back-up, I wouldn't be shocked if he picked up a player via trade route to help create cap room.

Potentials: Wolski, Brassard, Stoll, Berglund.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Murray was a lot more active in the draft than I thought he'd be. While I do expect him to stay idle today and sign a back-up, I wouldn't be shocked if he picked up a player via trade route to help create cap room.

Actually, that's a great point and I think one that Murray's gotta be considering. He's never been one to overpay on FA day but I can see him capitalizing on these kinds of opportunities ... We may face a "reverse" thing. We expected stuff in the past and got nothing; watch this year; we expect nothing and they'll shake our world ... Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Oh, Talbot a Leaf for a couple of hours.

I'm not seeing any new reports on this for today's news...

I had to search "maple leafs" on twitter. It hasn't been picked up by anyone I follow yet.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The only move I want to see from the Sens today is a trade involving Kuba.

Agreed. You'd think they'd have bought him out by now. I guess his contract is attractive with one year <$4 million. Who do you think is interested?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

6 Years 33M for wiz. wow

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Explain, please.

He didn't do anything lol, you said it was ok to name-call when it comes to Burke, so I started. Smile

Well, you were pushing for Talbot and he got his negotiating rights. That fits, too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Murray was a lot more active in the draft than I thought he'd be. While I do expect him to stay idle today and sign a back-up, I wouldn't be shocked if he picked up a player via trade route to help create cap room.

Actually, that's a great point and I think one that Murray's gotta be considering. He's never been one to overpay on FA day but I can see him capitalizing on these kinds of opportunities ... We may face a "reverse" thing. We expected stuff in the past and got nothing; watch this year; we expect nothing and they'll shake our world ... Wink

Think of all the cap Columbus is taking on with Carter and Wisniewski. That's approx $10 million in less whatever Voracek made. They're also pretty solid down the middle with Carter, Umberger, Vermette, Brassard, Pahlsson, and a few young guys like Johansen, Blunden, Wilson, and Mackenzie in the system. I think Brass may be the odd man out and his contract would be perfect for the Sens; three years remaining @ $3.2 million per. I'd easily give up Foligno and Wiercioch for his services.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum