GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What (if anything) are the Sens doing tomorrow?

+16
sandysensfan
rooneypoo
SDH89
Flo The Action
asq2
dennycrane
22_4_ever
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
spader
wprager
TheAvatar
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

danhill

Prospect
Prospect

We got Big Bald Alex Auld again and that suits me just fine
a steady #2 that doesn't make waves in the hot tub
If we HAVE to take on another forward I hope its a player
for player deal or prospects for us,
Even though all the vets looked bad for many games last season
I got to believe it was an internal problem that has been removed
I like the team that finished the year in Ottawa ,I'd flip DaCosta for Filatov
Maclhenney for Auld try and work in a D or two and see what happens
with Maclean turning the screws,maybe even keep Domi around to keep
Neil pissed off for the season............

diddle Burke and all those others you said and screw Garrioch too the shill

spader

All-Star
All-Star

danhill wrote:We got Big Bald Alex Auld again and that suits me just fine
a steady #2 that doesn't make waves in the hot tub
If we HAVE to take on another forward I hope its a player
for player deal or prospects for us,
Even though all the vets looked bad for many games last season
I got to believe it was an internal problem that has been removed
I like the team that finished the year in Ottawa ,I'd flip DaCosta for Filatov
Maclhenney for Auld try and work in a D or two and see what happens
with Maclean turning the screws,maybe even keep Domi around to keep
Neil pissed off for the season............

diddle Burke and all those others you said and screw Garrioch too the shill

May I ask why you truncate the lines in your posts? Do you randomly hit enter to break up your sentences, or is it an issue with the mobile interface?

danhill

Prospect
Prospect

Does it make a difference in it's meaning ?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

danhill wrote:Does it make a difference in it's meaning ?

Nope, just a bit distracting. I was just wondering if there was a reason for it. Shrug

danhill

danhill
Prospect
Prospect

sorry practicing poet can't break speech pattern will try to ramble until the bell rings from now on

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

danhill wrote:sorry practicing poet can't break speech pattern will try to ramble until the bell rings from now on
Are you practicing your straw man arguments, too? Facepalm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so did we figure what Domi was doing in ottawa?

also I"m not to happy about Auld being back. I'm not displeased but i would of liked conklin better. I'm sure we'll be fine with him but I'd rather have some change. It's like re-packing one of your old toys for X-mas and receiving is again.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:so did we figure what Domi was doing in ottawa?

also I"m not to happy about Auld being back. I'm not displeased but i would of liked conklin better. I'm sure we'll be fine with him but I'd rather have some change. It's like re-packing one of your old toys for X-mas and receiving is again.

Ha. Fair enough. I think Auld is a great option. Conklin would be a bit more expensive (prob 200-300k), would want more term, and would want to land somewhere where he has a chance to push for the number one spot.

Not the best fit for him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Ha. Fair enough. I think Auld is a great option. Conklin would be a bit more expensive (prob 200-300k), would want more term, and would want to land somewhere where he has a chance to push for the number one spot.

would he? I mean push for a number 1 spot? he hasn't been one a in a while. But he would have been a good candidate if Andersson went down. when i comes down to it Auld will be fine. He'll be OK if Andersson goes down with injury. It will be interesting to see where Conklin lands and n what.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

would he? I mean push for a number 1 spot? he hasn't been one a in a while. But he would have been a good candidate if Andersson went down. when i comes down to it Auld will be fine. He'll be OK if Andersson goes down with injury. It will be interesting to see where Conklin lands and n what.

Murray made it clear that he wanted a back up to be a back up, not a number one in waiting. If Andy goes down, Lehner comes up.

That, and the 1-year max would turn a lot of people off, I think.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Murray made it clear that he wanted a back up to be a back up, not a number one in waiting. If Andy goes down, Lehner comes up.

personally I'm not sure lehner is the best idea if Andersson goes down. I still think he's too young. needs more seasoning before he's ready for that kind of commitment. especially if Andersson is down for half the season... now this is all hypothetical.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

personally I'm not sure lehner is the best idea if Andersson goes down. I still think he's too young. needs more seasoning before he's ready for that kind of commitment. especially if Andersson is down for half the season... now this is all hypothetical.

True. I don't know the answer. I guess we hope that Murray does, ya? Shrug

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Perfect day yesterday! Murray did exactly what was needed and probably brought in the guy that will do the best job as a backup in Auld. I am a Hedberg fan myself, Auld was a fantastic choice yesterday.

As for Anderson getting injured, can't base decisions on that because he has been very healthy in terms of a guy who can start on most nights and he doesn't have the miles like a lot of other guys do at 29, 30. If he does, you have to see what Lehner has and got to give him a shot, no questions about it. He's proven he is a fantastic pressure situation goaltender and is probably ready for some more starts up in Ottawa.

Overall, the team hasn't changed that much from year end, which isn't a bad thing. People say The Sens are going to have trouble winning some games, maybe, but it's amazing what an honest effort, character, and excitment can do for a team, top to bottom.

The Sens might not make the playoffs but the thing is, their team is being built, not thrown together. Players in Ottawa will100% know their roles and what they have to do, that much will be clear this year. I would rather The Sens miss the playoffs by 2-6 points and build on their season than make it by 2 points with thrown together peices and know that is probably the best it's going to get.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Perfect day yesterday! Murray did exactly what was needed and probably brought in the guy that will do the best job as a backup in Auld. I am a Hedberg fan myself, Auld was a fantastic choice yesterday.

As for Anderson getting injured, can't base decisions on that because he has been very healthy in terms of a guy who can start on most nights and he doesn't have the miles like a lot of other guys do at 29, 30. If he does, you have to see what Lehner has and got to give him a shot, no questions about it. He's proven he is a fantastic pressure situation goaltender and is probably ready for some more starts up in Ottawa.

Overall, the team hasn't changed that much from year end, which isn't a bad thing. People say The Sens are going to have trouble winning some games, maybe, but it's amazing what an honest effort, character, and excitment can do for a team, top to bottom.

The Sens might not make the playoffs but the thing is, their team is being built, not thrown together. Players in Ottawa will100% know their roles and what they have to do, that much will be clear this year. I would rather The Sens miss the playoffs by 2-6 points and build on their season than make it by 2 points with thrown together peices and know that is probably the best it's going to get.
can't argue that! i'm just wondering at this point who will throw the bank at B Richards. were ever he goes he's going to have answer to some crazy expectations.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brendan Morrison is still around, good vet presence if we go that route.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Potulny signed with the Caps. 1st year is a 2-way, 2nd year is a 1-way.

Congrats to him, he was instrumental in us winning a Calder Cup. :KKK:

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Brendan Morrison is still around, good vet presence if we go that route.
that's a possibility. he had an alright year last year. it's not like we have alot of choices. I was afraid Murray would go after Higgins. didn't he get an extension in Vancouver?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Brendan Morrison is still around, good vet presence if we go that route.
that's a possibility. he had an alright year last year. it's not like we have alot of choices. I was afraid Murray would go after Higgins. didn't he get an extension in Vancouver?

Yeah, 2 years, 1.9 per year. After watching him in the POs, I like him a lot more now.

Dumont? Prospal? Stillman on a 1 year deal? We still need an NHLer for the top 6 IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum