GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elliot to start Thursday - Auld to start Friday

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

7th straight start for Elliot, then he gets a break and Auld plays on Friday.

No big surprise, but noteworthy.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/01/28/senators_goaltending/

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ummm... Auld against the Jackets, eh... Interesting.

Cronenbergfan wrote:ummm... Auld against the Jackets, eh... Interesting.
Why ?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

not too sure, but I thought it would be the other way around, Auld would play vs the Blues and Elliott against the Jackets...

The Jackets would be more of a threat and test for Elliott, that's all.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

You think it's something that deep, or just that Elliot has been on a roll, so he stays in, and only comes out for the back-to-back?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought the same thing Cronie. I wonder if last games performance played a roll. Perhaps he wants to give Elliott a real chance at winning and a game on the front end of a back to back vs. the Blues is a better bet than the back end vs. the Blue Jackets. I wonder if Hartsburg expects the Columbus game to get ugly and wants to spare Elliott from being involved in a no win situation?

- Unknown Author

Not shocked here, hopefully the other 20 guys on the team dont let him or Auld down the next 3 games, but they prob will.

The only game the Sens should win is tonight because they Blues dont have much to play for. The other two could be blow outs if the Sens are not careful.

From this point on the teams the Sens are playing, for the most part, are competing for a playoff spot. They will be getting every teams best effort on most nights. People thought the 1st 1/2 of the season was embarassing, lol, well it may and prob will get a lot worse.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think at this point the most likely thing to happen is that the team continues it's up and down inconsistant play until it's too late. After that we'll see them bang off a string of wins because the pressure will be off and they'll land in 10th spot. There will be a false sense that all we need to do is tinker a little and all will be well and all will be forgotten by the coaches and management.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think at this point the most likely thing to happen is that the team continues it's up and down inconsistant play until it's too late. After that we'll see them bang off a string of wins because the pressure will be off and they'll land in 10th spot. There will be a false sense that all we need to do is tinker a little and all will be well and all will be forgotten by the coaches and management.

I dont know, if they are out of it and everyone they play for the most part is in the midts of a playoff, they will be getting teams best efforts.

Thats a bad thing for the Sens, well maybe a good thing depending on how you look at it. Lets see how they do playing out the string, because thats all that is basically left... playing it out.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Not shocked here, hopefully the other 20 guys on the team dont let him or Auld down the next 3 games, but they prob will.

The only game the Sens should win is tonight because they Blues dont have much to play for. The other two could be blow outs if the Sens are not careful.

From this point on the teams the Sens are playing, for the most part, are competing for a playoff spot. They will be getting every teams best effort on most nights. People thought the 1st 1/2 of the season was embarassing, lol, well it may and prob will get a lot worse.

I think your underestimating St. Louis. They are 9 points out of 8th, have a game in hand on Edmonton and Minnisota and 2 games on Columbus. They have scored 133 goals and if they cut down on the goals against they could make some noise down the stretch. The bottom 7 teams in the West all have a chance at the 7 or 8th playoff spot so I think they have a lot to play for over the next month.

Phoenix30 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Not shocked here, hopefully the other 20 guys on the team dont let him or Auld down the next 3 games, but they prob will.

I think your underestimating St. Louis. They are 9 points out of 8th, have a game in hand on Edmonton and Minnisota and 2 games on Columbus. They have scored 133 goals and if they cut down on the goals against they could make some noise down the stretch. The bottom 7 teams in the West all have a chance at the 7 or 8th playoff spot so I think they have a lot to play for over the next month.

I can see why you think I might be underestimating them for sure, Im not, but if there is a game they are going to win on this roadie, its this one. Thats all I was saying.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:

I can see why you think I might be underestimating them for sure, Im not, but if there is a game they are going to win on this roadie, its this one. Thats all I was saying.

Gotta ya, its a shame I can't watch this game. I have this feeling its going to be a good one with 2 teams desperate to get going for the final push.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum