GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday?

+10
The Silfer Server
Acrobat
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
dennycrane
Cronie
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like Auld will get the start on Tuesday when the Sens host the Caps.

From: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/03/7285346-sun.html

Expect G Alex Auld to make his sixth straight against the Caps. "He was
consistent," said Hartsburg of Auld's performance on the road trip.

He's been playing solid for us and allowing the team to come together.

What is up with Phillips though? Great, bad, great, bad...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Thank the Lord!!!

cheers Puking2

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps he's still ticked off about the Heatley getting the "C" incident? It's a head scratcher that's for sure (Phillips I mean).

- Unknown Author

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps he's still ticked off about the Heatley getting the "C" incident? It's a head scratcher that's for sure (Phillips I mean).

yeah really don't what to think of this one... I wonder if he isn't injured...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Finally the Goalie controversey is dead? I think we all know Gerbs is finished here in Ottawa but, does the media know, do all the fans know, does Gerber know? Will the Media let this die?

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:Thank the Lord!!!

cheers Puking2

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Gerber squirrel

Gerber squirrel

One monkey wasn't enough...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clutch: well, if this Gerber thing dies, Brennan and Garrioch will have next to nothing to write about; although I suppose they could jump on Philips' back and beat the s**t out of him!

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Finally the Goalie controversey is dead? I think we all know Gerbs is finished here in Ottawa but, does the media know, do all the fans know, does Gerber know? Will the Media let this die?

No I don't think so... The Ottawa media loves that story.. Like Cronie said, they'll have nothing to write about...

We all know that Gerber is done, it's pretty easy to see, but for some reason i just don't see this going away until next summer...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:We all know that Gerber is done, it's pretty easy to see, but for some reason i just don't see this going away until next summer...
So no one thinks we're going to "need" Gerber later this season?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Don't worry, fans all across Ottawa will find another player to criticize mercilessly. It's what Ottawa fans like to do.

Gerber will play one game this week, likely Carolina, as the Sens have 3 in 4 coming up.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

He'll play. We'll cringe.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well said Matt. and I'd hate to say this, but I'm hoping Gerbs completely poops the bed, thereby sealing his fate by his own hands and deeds, making Murray, Melnyk and Hartsburg's decision all the more easier.

I know it's strange for me to put some much faith in a goalie who has been somewhat of a vagabond over the past 3-4 seasons, but it's obvious the team plays with so much more confidence when he's manning the net, and he is so much more poised when he's in there.

Chances are, as Denny pointed out, they will probably throw Gerbs in to face his 'old' team, and it can go either of 2 ways: he continues to make the hard stops but lets in 1-2 softies, or he lits it up and the headline the next day in the Sun will be something like: "Murray and Hartsburg have TOUGH goalie decision to make" or something more trivial...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think Gerber even has his eye on the puck half the time. I think he just knows what general area of the ice the puck is in, and tries to position himself accordingly.

There's no other explanation for the slow floaters that go in on this guy.

He has ZERO reaction skills.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps he's still ticked off about the Heatley getting the "C" incident? It's a head scratcher that's for sure (Phillips I mean).

I really, really doubt it. Just my opinion, but I don't think a guy like Phillips is focussing on not getting the C when the real captain is injured.

He's had a badly bruised foot for a week or so, that's gotta be a terribly painful thing to play through. Probably cause a lot of problems with mobility etc.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

To add to this... Ovechkin is back with the Caps and should be good to go for Tuesday's game against the Sens.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=254673

He's gonna be itching to get some goals after missing two games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum