GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday?

+10
The Silfer Server
Acrobat
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
dennycrane
Cronie
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah... the deal we signed with Gerber really handcuffed us. But you really can't argue against making that deal at that time as all the evidence supported the fact that he could deliver and was a top rated goalie.

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Do you think Detroit would have won the cup if they had him, as it was rumoured they had more money on the table than we did.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:Do you think Detroit would have won the cup if they had him, as it was rumoured they had more money on the table than we did.
Detroit have put together a team that can have success with a reasonably good goalie. Their focus has been to put together a stifling D that can move the puck and that lets barely anything through. What does get through should be able to be handled by a "good" goalie. No need for a top-tier goalie for them to get the wins.

Not sure if Gerber could have done that. The softies he lets in may have changed the way the team played in front of him... affecting their whole system. I don't see Osgoode crapping the bed like Gerber does.

Meh, Gerber is what he is, good backup who can come in and play well at times. Not a starter.

Auld might be of the same ilk, but so far, so good with him, so no worries.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I still blame The Groin. I believe we would have had our best shot at a cup with him between the pipes.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:I still blame The Groin. I believe we would have had our best shot at a cup with him between the pipes.
HA HA! Ahhhh... to dream about what could have been...

shabbs wrote:
mattshock wrote:I still blame The Groin. I believe we would have had our best shot at a cup with him between the pipes.

If we have Chara instead of Redden I think we have a cup as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
shabbs wrote:

If we have Chara instead of Redden I think we have a cup as well.

Possibly, but this was a team of destiny in 05-06. I think we'll go down in NHL history as the team that should've won - but for that asshat's groin or abductor or whatever the frank it was. :x

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:
smash88 wrote:Thank the Lord!!!

cheers Puking2

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Gerber squirrel

Gerber squirrel

One monkey wasn't enough...

Can someone with some GIF-editing skill get us a right-to-left flipped version of the monkey? Then we could have two monkeys pissing on something from either side.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

The best team to never win the cup ... Sad

Man, I dont think any team has had more chances to win the cup and never did then the Sens haha..... sigh

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Meh, Gerber is what he is, good backup who can come in and play well at times. Not a starter.

that's right, we have 2 backups at the moment....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Meh, Gerber is what he is, good backup who can come in and play well at times. Not a starter.

50/50 split of games...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:

50/50 split of games...

They re each capable of playing 40 games at a fairly high level. Manpower-wise we're fine. It's the scheduling that kills us -- getting the two of them to play at that level when the other isn't.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday? - Page 4 Left GERBER Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday? - Page 4 203549

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday? - Page 4 Left GERBER Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday? - Page 4 203549

Congratulations on a tremendous accomplishment. Now the peeing will go to all new levels.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

But can we add the other peeing monkey to our list of emoticons?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday? - Page 4 Left GERBER Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday? - Page 4 203549

You've heard of the Rhesus monkey? Well, here is the rare Newfhus monkey:

Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday? - Page 4 203549 GERBER Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday? - Page 4 Left

P.S. Sorry, some of my best friends are Newfies; they just happen to be Leafs fans as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum