GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday?

+10
The Silfer Server
Acrobat
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
dennycrane
Cronie
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Cronenbergfan wrote:I SERIOUSLY think there's a chance we see Gerber buried in Bingo by the new year at some point, assuming Elliott continues to lit it up and build his confidence, etc...

Elliot would have to be tearing up the league, and have nothing left to learn in Bingo to be honest with you. It also depends on how the Sens are doing. If we r in a playoff spot, I dont see anyone messing with the in room chemistry and creating a distraction for no reason.

If the Sens are down and out, and there is nothing left to lose, then I would suspect Elliott will be up here.

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

very good point.
And that's a valid position. Chances are, since this is Marty's last year, he may very well play out his contract here in it's entirety and the fans and management will simply bid him adieu in July.

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

He and Glass both look great according to those minor league bloggers.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:very good point.
And that's a valid position. Chances are, since this is Marty's last year, he may very well play out his contract here in it's entirety and the fans and management will simply bid him adieu in July.

Or resign him.

Just kidding.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:He and Glass both look great according to those minor league bloggers.

I've actually heard that Glass is doing even better this year.. That he really has something to prove to Sens management... and that he's working his butt off... hmm? trade bait? or do we keep him?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The problem I have with Gerber playing out his contract is I no longer want him in the net at all and if that's going to be the case then why not dump Gerber in the minors and bring Elliot up to be the backup. I realise there are financial concerns but, Gerbs can't even be trusted to backup anymore can he?

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The problem I have with Gerber playing out his contract is I no longer want him in the net at all and if that's going to be the case then why not dump Gerber in the minors and bring Elliot up to be the backup. I realise there are financial concerns but, Gerbs can't even be trusted to backup anymore can he?

I don't have issues with him as a backup.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:I SERIOUSLY think there's a chance we see Gerber buried in Bingo by the new year at some point, assuming Elliott continues to lit it up and build his confidence, etc...
I'm not as optimistic as that... I have a feeling we're going to be needing Gerber for around half of our games this season. I would not be surprised to see Auld and Gerber split the games 50/50 or close to that.

It's going to be a "ride the hot goalie" season.

mattshock wrote:He and Glass both look great according to those minor league bloggers.

Dont be surpised if Glass backups Elliot in the 2010/2011 season. Ottawa could have a god tandom going forward.... hopefully anyways. But everyone knows im high on Elliott, so I would be on suicide watch if he didnt work out!

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It's looking more and more like ONE of those guys will be able to step in and be effective for us.

I'm thinking there will be a learning curve though. Look at guys like Leclaire, Fleury, Lehtonen. These are good young goalies who are only just starting to look like potential #1 guys. We're going to have to be patient with these young guys.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
I'm not as optimistic as that... I have a feeling we're going to be needing Gerber for around half of our games this season. I would not be surprised to see Auld and Gerber split the games 50/50 or close to that.

It's going to be a "ride the hot goalie" season.

I have lost all faith in Gerber actually. The only thing I can count on with him is he's good for a minimum of 1 soft goal per game.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I have lost all faith in Gerber actually. The only thing I can count on with him is he's good for a minimum of 1 soft goal per game.
I hear ya...

TSN: "Gerber to start in net..."
Sens Fans across the world: *CRINGE*

Frig.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I was a huge supporter of "darth gerber" for all of last season and into the playoffs. This year was a clean slate for him and he has done nothing but COMPLETELY lose my support.

I have zero confidence in him any more.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I was a huge supporter of "darth gerber" for all of last season and into the playoffs. This year was a clean slate for him and he has done nothing but COMPLETELY lose my support.

I have zero confidence in him any more.

I never supported him at all, I hated that signing right from the get-go because I felt Emery was ready at the time...

ah if we could only go back 3 years ago....

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

At the time I supported it. Emery I thought was getting the shaft as he performed well without Hasek, but Gerber was supposed to be a legit #1. He performed well for Carolina, stoned the Sens when they played him, and was phenominal for the Swiss team.

Now, we can't get rid of him quick enough. It should have been a one year signing. That would have worked out best for everyone.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah... the deal we signed with Gerber really handcuffed us. But you really can't argue against making that deal at that time as all the evidence supported the fact that he could deliver and was a top rated goalie.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Do you think Detroit would have won the cup if they had him, as it was rumoured they had more money on the table than we did.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:Do you think Detroit would have won the cup if they had him, as it was rumoured they had more money on the table than we did.
Detroit have put together a team that can have success with a reasonably good goalie. Their focus has been to put together a stifling D that can move the puck and that lets barely anything through. What does get through should be able to be handled by a "good" goalie. No need for a top-tier goalie for them to get the wins.

Not sure if Gerber could have done that. The softies he lets in may have changed the way the team played in front of him... affecting their whole system. I don't see Osgoode crapping the bed like Gerber does.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum