GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SNet: Gerber gets the start on Tuesday...

+7
SensGirl11
PTFlea
dennycrane
beedub
beerandsens
LethalLehner
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What....?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/12/29/sens_preview/

Martin Gerber will make his second consecutive start in goal on Tuesday when the Ottawa Senators travel to Edmonton to take on the Oilers.

Defenseman Anton Volchenkov (upper body) skated briefly on his own on Monday in Vancouver, but head coach Craig Hartsburg indicated it would be a long-shot for Volchenkov to return to the lineup against the Oilers.

Jason Smith and Chris Neil did not participate in practice on Monday, but both players will likely suit up on Tuesday as Hartsburg said they were nursing minor injuries.

Filip Kuba (lower body) briefly skated without equipment on Monday morning and he will not be ready to return to the lineup until later in the week at the earliest

Hmmmm....

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wow, this season just keeps getting better...!!

He has been the better goalie the last 2, 3 weeks, why not start him. He works hard, he is here, and he is the best goalie right now, what's wrong with that.

People tend to forget that Alex Auld in on a 5 game losing streak and has let in something like 25 goals in that time. I fail to see why he should get the start despite a hot start. Hartsberg's job is to win, and right now Gerber gives him that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I can appreciate that. I guess Hartsy is trying to avoid the appearance of a "win and your in" system and give Gerber a few to get going. He just looked so so bad last night, but then again, the whole team did too. So, what ya gonna do?

shabbs wrote:I can appreciate that. I guess Hartsy is trying to avoid the appearance of a "win and your in" system and give Gerber a few to get going. He just looked so so bad last night, but then again, the whole team did too. So, what ya gonna do?
]

Gerber looked fine last night IMO, nothing he could really do on those goals haha.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yeah I think Gerber has been the better 'tendy of late. He doesn't know where the puck is half the time, even when he's playing well.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

What's the big deal with Gerbs getting the start. Will it drastically affect the outcome of Tuesday's game.........sadly no

Why not call up Elliott and give him a start or two or thirty...

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Gerber has been the better goalie the last few weeks. He deserves to start. Quite frankly, he held the Sens in last night when they were outshot 17-5 in the first.

Gerber is a mirror for the team on the ice in front of him. If the team plays well, they will win. Murray would probably like to move a goalie at some point, so letting Gerber improve his worth isn't a bad idea. Remember, Murray said that he wanted to give Elliott a run of at least 30 games in the minors. I bet we see Elliott by the end of January.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Loss.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Silly, silly move by Hartsburg. Sometimes I wonder about him...I think he has a little case of the Paddockitis.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Loss.

Are you shocked!?

At this point, I just hope the Sens don't screw it up and start getting better just enough to squeak into the playoffs only to have their collective arses handed to them once again and miss out on the lottery.

All they have to do now is ride out the season and be worse than TB, the Isles and the leafs... Take up residency in the abyss of the standings basement and STAY THERE...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:Gerber has been the better goalie the last few weeks. He deserves to start. Quite frankly, he held the Sens in last night when they were outshot 17-5 in the first.

Gerber is a mirror for the team on the ice in front of him. If the team plays well, they will win. Murray would probably like to move a goalie at some point, so letting Gerber improve his worth isn't a bad idea. Remember, Murray said that he wanted to give Elliott a run of at least 30 games in the minors. I bet we see Elliott by the end of January.

Please! I hope we do see him soon, give him some experience.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:

Are you shocked!?

At this point, I just hope the Sens don't screw it up and start getting better just enough to squeak into the playoffs only to have their collective arses handed to them once again and miss out on the lottery.

All they have to do now is ride out the season and be worse than TB, the Isles and the leafs... Take up residency in the abyss of the standings basement and STAY THERE...

I'm beyond shocked now. I'm in awe (of how putrid these 'tards are).

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

Are you shocked!?

I'm beyond shocked now. I'm in awe (of how putrid these 'tards are).

Unbelievable, just unblievable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum