GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start

+15
asq2
beerandsens
Sens4thecup
shabbs
Hayden
Snuh
dennycrane
mattshock
jamvan
wprager
PTFlea
smash88
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Mojo
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:06 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Yup, just as the title says:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/15/7755841.html

He has played well his past few starts, and it would be jst cruel to put in Auld after Gerber earned the shutout last game.

2Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No brainer for me.

- Unknown Author

3Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The real question is: Can Gerber play well enough to earn the start on Friday?

- Unknown Author

4Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The real question is: Can Gerber play well enough to earn the start on Friday?

Mine woudl be how many Kovalchuk bullets can he stop?

5Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:32 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

LOL, unbelievable... same ol story... and I agree that you can't put Auld back in, but this EXACTLY what happens every time... I'm sick of it...

6Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets just say goaltending isn't going to be what makes or breaks the team this year.

- Unknown Author

7Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fine, enjoy this start, then realize that you're the backup and make way for Auld. I don't care it he pitches another shutout (which he won't).

8Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I see absolutely no problem here. With two goalies who have both proven over the years to be great in streaks but not a true #1 over 60-70 games, you ride each one while the riding's good. That's what everyone was saying at the start of the season and it made perfect sense to me. Nothing's changed since then. Auld had a nice run but has had two not-so-great games in his last two outings. Gerber played more than very-well in his last two starts. He's the hot hand, play him.

9Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:28 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Fine, enjoy this start, then realize that you're the backup and make way for Auld. I don't care it he pitches another shutout (which he won't).
Auld was very shaky his last start and he has always been a quick starter and then falls off. This year looks to be no different. TO be honest though, I'm fine with either goalie in nets.

10Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:34 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

mojo1016 wrote:Yup, just as the title says:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/15/7755841.html

He has played well his past few starts, and it would be jst cruel to put in Auld after Gerber earned the shutout last game.

Wow. After a fluke-show shutout he gets another start? Guess I'm making an extra stop at the Beer Store.

11Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Auld was very shaky his last start and he has always been a quick starter and then falls off. This year looks to be no different. TO be honest though, I'm fine with either goalie in nets.

The thing is - for me - Auld deserves the job. He worked his arse off, came in here, was an awesome teammate and posted some of the best numbers in the NHL. Guys like Lundqvist have bad outings and are put back in net. Auld's our Lundqvist. He can be the guy, you don't have that many great outings without being at the top of your game.

I hope that this rest invigorates him, because without him, we really would be last in the NHL.

12Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:47 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I don't care who is in nets. These are pro athletes. The hot hand goes in, and Auld has been shaky his last two starts.

Auld has been the team's MVP, but I think we will finally get close to the rotation of goalies that Murray envisioned at the start of the year.

13Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:52 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

dennycrane wrote:I don't care who is in nets. These are pro athletes. The hot hand goes in, and Auld has been shaky his last two starts.

Auld has been the team's MVP, but I think we will finally get close to the rotation of goalies that Murray envisioned at the start of the year.

Totally agree. Both seem like hard working good guys, but it all comes down to who's playing well at the time.

We'll see who the true #1 is if and when we make the playoffs. Who ever starts is the guy. But even that can change, eg. Osgood replacing Hasek last year.

14Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:52 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:Auld was very shaky his last start and he has always been a quick starter and then falls off. This year looks to be no different. TO be honest though, I'm fine with either goalie in nets.

The thing is - for me - Auld deserves the job. He worked his arse off, came in here, was an awesome teammate and posted some of the best numbers in the NHL. Guys like Lundqvist have bad outings and are put back in net. Auld's our Lundqvist. He can be the guy, you don't have that many great outings without being at the top of your game.

I hope that this rest invigorates him, because without him, we really would be last in the NHL.

Sure Auld has been working hard, but so has Gerber. This is only 2 starts in 3 games for Gerber. It's not like Gerber has suddenly stolen the job away from Auld. As things were going, Auld was set to play as many games as a healthy Brodeur or Luongo. Auld just doesn't compare to these guys in ability or stamina. There are few backups who ride the pine for a month at a time, let Gerber have his moment! We know it won't last long.

15Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Empty Re: Gerber gets 2nd consecutive start Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mojo1016 wrote:Sure Auld has been working hard, but so has Gerber. This is only 2 starts in 3 games for Gerber. It's not like Gerber has suddenly stolen the job away from Auld. As things were going, Auld was set to play as many games as a healthy Brodeur or Luongo. Auld just doesn't compare to these guys in ability or stamina. There are few backups who ride the pine for a month at a time, let Gerber have his moment! We know it won't last long.

Fair enough. Let's just hope everything works out and we have a healthy tandem if it ends up going that way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum