GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber vs Blackhawks

+12
SensGirl11
wprager
PKC
dennycrane
Riprock
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:25 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I so predicted this, and at least Auld's getting rest.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/09/7686161.html

2Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:27 pm

[quote="marakh"]I so predicted this, and at least Auld's getting rest.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/09/7686161.html[/quote]

Auld had an off game last night. He needs a rest. Hopefully he comes back with the same stuff he has had all year. 11 games straight is a lot for a goalie and this is a busy stretch coming....

Last edited by MurderOnIce on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:27 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ALL fingers and toes crossed. LOL

- Unknown Author

4Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Really thought he would get the start Friday, but Auld did look noticeably tired last night. Everything just points to blowout tomorrow night.... lol, well at least the fall guy is in nets.

5Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle me. We're dead.

6Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He should have started against the Lightning. This is just plain suicide. All I can say is:

Chris Neil = WIN 🎅

7Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Really thought he would get the start Friday, but Auld did look noticeably tired last night. Everything just points to blowout tomorrow night.... lol, well at least the fall guy is in nets.

hahaha, here is a blast from the past...

Gerber vs Blackhawks Fallguy0

...dude even looked old in this picture.

8Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:33 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

At least expections are very low :lol!:

9Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:38 pm

Seriously, if we get blown out this is going to be the guy to blame. I think Harstberg also know this and has a bad feeling going into this game as well. On top of Auld being tired he is trying to change it up a bit for tomorrow night IMO.

I dont think it would have been close with Auld in nets either, but I just cant see the Sens keeping it close for very long tomorrow night. This Hawks team is playing great hockey on top of everything else as well.

10Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Heather Thomas and Markie Post were also in The Fall Guy. Now how do I work TJ Hooker into a reply?

11Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:48 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Heather Thomas and Markie Post were also in The Fall Guy. Now how do I work TJ Hooker into a reply?

Markie Post- yummy - for a brief period one of the hotter chicks on TV.

12Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:49 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Seriously, if we get blown out this is going to be the guy to blame. I think Harstberg also know this and has a bad feeling going into this game as well. On top of Auld being tired he is trying to change it up a bit for tomorrow night IMO.

I dont think it would have been close with Auld in nets either, but I just cant see the Sens keeping it close for very long tomorrow night. This Hawks team is playing great hockey on top of everything else as well.

I can't believe how much you've been over-hyping the Blackhawks for the last 12 hours. It's mystifying, to say the least.

Mediocre goaltending. Mobile but porous D. Not overly physical. Not particularly strong away from the puck as a team. 11-6-7 record, and 5-3-2 in their last 10. These are not the indicators of a frightening, behemoth team. DET and SJS make me nervous. CHI is another young, exciting team -- doing well, but suffering its share of growing pains.

Yes, I know you're a fan of them and watch all their games. Yes, you talk to Eager frequently. Yes, you say they think they're a great team. But I still don't see a dominating, smoke-show team here, and I assure you I've seen them play, including the most recent whooping of PHO the other night.

I'm not saying we'll win, especially with Gerber in net. But I see no reason to quake in our booties anymore than when we face, say, NJ, MIN, VAN, or PHI -- all teams with similar records and point totals.

13Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Gerber has shown in the past when he's on, he's on like Donkey Kong. Here's hoping the gorilla shows up....

14Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Heather Thomas and Markie Post were also in The Fall Guy. Now how do I work TJ Hooker into a reply?

Markie Post- yummy - for a brief period one of the hotter chicks on TV.

There's a nice swimsuit pic of her on IMDB under "The Fall Guy".

15Gerber vs Blackhawks Empty Re: Gerber vs Blackhawks Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Their D is hardly "porous". Extremely good mobile, good in their own end, somewhat physical.

They just came off the Pacific road swing, which could very wel be the thoughest road trip going, lost to Anahiem 1-0, almost beat San Jose in their own barn, almost beat Detroit on the road as well. The record could very easilily much better but they have lapses that most young teams seem to have, all on the road though.

Not overly physical? The Hawks team can play the physical game with anyone in the west, let alone against the East.

That Chicago team is on the cusp of being a cup contender and if it wasnt for the Huet signing, everyone would be looking at them for the finals in a year or two.

That team is taking the San Jose's, Anahiem's and Detroit's to their limits while having Huet in between the pipes for the most part. Look at Chicago as the Boston of the West, because thats exactly what they are. Very well coached, fast, smart, physical, and young.

Again, if the Sens are not careful Chicago will blow them out of the water.]

Oh, and they have lost 1 game in regulation at home, thats it. (San Jose was the only team to do it) Chicago is again, one of the toughest places to play in. This is going to be easily the toughest game for the Sens so far this season. Chicago also always seems to beat Ottawa on top of everything else, doesnt matter how good or bad either team is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum