GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

So... when will Gerber resurface?

+10
PKC
BigRig
beedub
Sens4thecup
PTFlea
smash88
Cronie
TheAvatar
mattshock
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:33 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Surely we'll see Gerber in the next two games as the Sens have back to back games on Thursday and Friday. I think everyone's betting on Gerber being in nets for the game in Carolina on Friday. Ottawa hosts Philly on Thursday.

2So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:37 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm guessing they put him in for Carolina.

He'll need a 50 save shutout to make things interesting.

3So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:38 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:I'm guessing they put him in for Carolina.

I think he'll need to score a goal to make it interesting.

4So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I feel so bad for the poor franker. I've had a few people I've had to fire because they couldn't do their job. They were normally the people with the best attitude and they were trying very hard but couldn't make it. I've always found that they're the hardest ones to deal with.

It's much easier (and rewarding) to deal with the Sean Avery's (or Alexander Nikulin's) of the world ...

I'm really pulling for Gerber but at the end of the day, he's the one who has to do it ...

5So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:47 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know exactly what you mean Av.
What must seem so frustrating for Gerbs is the fact that, essentially, he holds the proverbial 'key' to his fate or success, if you will. If he plays well or awesome, or if he poops the bed, again...

that totally has to suck when there's really no one else to blame or outside factors...

6So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:51 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
mattshock wrote:I'm guessing they put him in for Carolina.

I think he'll need to score a goal to make it interesting.

The only thing he's good for is monkey-fodder.

Just wait until after the game. The monkey's will be out.

7So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:00 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

To me Gerber has already sealed his fate... How can you ever trust this guy again... But thing is, you know he'll get a win on friday and make about 35 saves, and then all of a sudden Sens management will think he found his groove back, and the we're in the mess again... I've seen it happen way too many times before..

8So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:19 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

We've all seen it too many times before...

Maybe we should just ride Auld back to back and not worry about it.

9So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:I feel so bad for the poor franker. I've had a few people I've had to fire because they couldn't do their job. They were normally the people with the best attitude and they were trying very hard but couldn't make it. I've always found that they're the hardest ones to deal with.

It's much easier (and rewarding) to deal with the Sean Avery's (or Alexander Nikulin's) of the world ...

I'm really pulling for Gerber but at the end of the day, he's the one who has to do it ...

Bahahahahahahahha. That opening line is gold.

In seriousness, I also know what you mean about the good guys you have to let go. But...Murray needs to do it...soon.

But don't bring me up Elliot, trade Gerber for a 1 million dollar veteran (Kolzig would've been great dammit), someone like that though who's been around. We'd save 2.7 million, which I'm sure would be instantly used (along with the 2ish million in cap space) for a big time D-man at some point this season.

10So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:44 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well, Gerbs can be thrown in on Friday if he wants, and if he makes 30 or 35 stops, good for him. But I'd be willing to bet that Murray and Hartsburg know for SURE who the REAL #1 is (besides Elliott obviously) and after a few dramatic saves from Auld last night, while I'm cautiously excited it seems clear who the better goalie is, and more importantly who the boys trust more and play more confidently for.

11So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:47 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I feel so bad for the poor franker. I've had a few people I've had to fire because they couldn't do their job. They were normally the people with the best attitude and they were trying very hard but couldn't make it. I've always found that they're the hardest ones to deal with.

Bahahahahahahahha. That opening line is gold.

In seriousness, I also know what you mean about the good guys you have to let go. But...Murray needs to do it...soon.

But don't bring me up Elliot, trade Gerber for a 1 million dollar veteran (Kolzig would've been great dammit), someone like that though who's been around. We'd save 2.7 million, which I'm sure would be instantly used (along with the 2ish million in cap space) for a big time D-man at some point this season.

the thing is Heater, who would jump at the opportunity to snag Gerber?
Murray would probably have to sweeten the pot considerably to even get a whiff of interest, and that makes me nervous because Murray shouldn't (nor do I believe he would) have to part with more or too much more to rid himself of one fella, you know.

I suppose if Weaks poops the bed and the Devil's other backup can;t hack it, maybe Gerber would be a viable option if Rolosson is not on the table... and compared to Khabi, Gerbs' price tag is a steal.

12So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 am

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

I really dont want to see Gerbage back in nets. It affects the team's confidence and their play. The Sens seem like they are righting this ship. Play Auld until his streak is up.

13So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:02 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I too think that they should play Auld back to back. It could be the difference between two victories and 4 points.

14So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:the thing is Heater, who would jump at the opportunity to snag Gerber?
Murray would probably have to sweeten the pot considerably to even get a whiff of interest, and that makes me nervous because Murray shouldn't (nor do I believe he would) have to part with more or too much more to rid himself of one fella, you know.

I suppose if Weaks poops the bed and the Devil's other backup can;t hack it, maybe Gerber would be a viable option if Rolosson is not on the table... and compared to Khabi, Gerbs' price tag is a steal.

Colorado? But I don't really want either of their goalies back.

15So... when will Gerber resurface? Empty Re: So... when will Gerber resurface? Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:12 am

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Would we need to take a tender back? Why not just ask for a draft pick? Besides, clearing up the cap space is reward enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum