GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auld to get start against the Capitals on Tuesday?

+10
The Silfer Server
Acrobat
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
dennycrane
Cronie
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

I don't think Gerber even has his eye on the puck half the time. I think he just knows what general area of the ice the puck is in, and tries to position himself accordingly.

There's no other explanation for the slow floaters that go in on this guy.

He has ZERO reaction skills.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps he's still ticked off about the Heatley getting the "C" incident? It's a head scratcher that's for sure (Phillips I mean).

I really, really doubt it. Just my opinion, but I don't think a guy like Phillips is focussing on not getting the C when the real captain is injured.

He's had a badly bruised foot for a week or so, that's gotta be a terribly painful thing to play through. Probably cause a lot of problems with mobility etc.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

To add to this... Ovechkin is back with the Caps and should be good to go for Tuesday's game against the Sens.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=254673

He's gonna be itching to get some goals after missing two games.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

The problem with Gerber is he's a digital goalie. Either Standing on his head or pooping in his bed - there's no middle ground.

As long as he's ok with being backup, he can play out the season IHMO.

He's got to realize: he had the chance, he blew it and now has to accept the #1 job is gone.

I think the best irony move would be to "loan" him to the very same team the Emery plays for in Russia - that's gotta send Ray postal, no?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I think we determined Ray was already relegated to backup status.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The problem with Gerber is he's a digital goalie. Either Standing on his head or pooping in his bed - there's no middle ground.

This may be the best description I have heard of his play. Although, it's mostly 0, not 1. (off, not on, etc...)

Number Twenty Nine wrote:As long as he's ok with being backup, he can play out the season IHMO.

He's got to realize: he had the chance, he blew it and now has to accept the #1 job is gone.

Not sure I can see this working in the playoffs. Gotta get there first, though. #1 is gone for sure, I agree.

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I think the best irony move would be to "loan" him to the very same team the Emery plays for in Russia - that's gotta send Ray postal, no?

:lol!:

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I think we determined Ray was already relegated to backup status.

Don't you ever backup your backup?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

He can backup all he wants. Just keep backing up until he's out the door and in the parking lot. Keep going until he's out of Ottawa and I'll be happy.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The problem with Gerber is he's a digital goalie. Either Standing on his head or pooping in his bed - there's no middle ground.
Binary?

Wink

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I think the best irony move would be to "loan" him to the very same team the Emery plays for in Russia - that's gotta send Ray postal, no?

Are we allowed to suspend him without pay for sucking???

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Binary?

Wink

Potato. French Fry.
It's all the same.
Except one's better.

Smile

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

If you could, he's be gone two years ago.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

dirtydirtynorth wrote:

Are we allowed to suspend him without pay for sucking???

Man, do i ever wish!

Isn't there something like that in the NFL? If you get cut by your team, you don't get paid? or is that just me?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

That would be awesome.

He would be so out the door.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I SERIOUSLY think there's a chance we see Gerber buried in Bingo by the new year at some point, assuming Elliott continues to lit it up and build his confidence, etc...

Cronenbergfan wrote:I SERIOUSLY think there's a chance we see Gerber buried in Bingo by the new year at some point, assuming Elliott continues to lit it up and build his confidence, etc...

Elliot would have to be tearing up the league, and have nothing left to learn in Bingo to be honest with you. It also depends on how the Sens are doing. If we r in a playoff spot, I dont see anyone messing with the in room chemistry and creating a distraction for no reason.

If the Sens are down and out, and there is nothing left to lose, then I would suspect Elliott will be up here.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

very good point.
And that's a valid position. Chances are, since this is Marty's last year, he may very well play out his contract here in it's entirety and the fans and management will simply bid him adieu in July.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

He and Glass both look great according to those minor league bloggers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum