GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auld to start tomorrow and most likely Saturday.

+12
beedub
PKC
Riprock
shabbs
mattshock
smash88
BigRig
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
PTFlea
SensGirl11
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

It's all speculation anyways. The list of goalies that are on the market is about as insignificant as it gets.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

What is the likelihood one of these guys is moved this season?

• Vesa Toskala
  • Kari Lehtonen
  • Marty Turco
  • Thomas Vokoun
  • Tim Thomas
  • Manny Fernandez
  • Nikolai Khabibulin
  • Mikka Kiprusoff
  • Dawyne Roloson
  • Niklas Backstrom
  • Antero Nittymaki
  • Manny Legace

DashRiprock wrote:What is the likelihood one of these guys is moved this season?

• Vesa Toskala
  • Kari Lehtonen
  • Marty Turco
  • Thomas Vokoun
  • Tim Thomas
  • Manny Fernandez
  • Nikolai Khabibulin
  • Mikka Kiprusoff
  • Dawyne Roloson
  • Niklas Backstrom
  • Antero Nittymaki
  • Manny Legace

Only one? I'd bet certainly. My bet is Boston will have to choose between the two as Rask is going to be the backup. Toskala and Lehtonen could be on the move depending how the season goes. I'd take either of them in Ottawa. Hell, right about now I'd rather park my dusty old ten speed bicycle in the crease than have Gerber.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not just one... I was just thinking of some of the goalies that could be out due to contract status, age or a crowded crease.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I hope they don't wait until the deadline to pick up another goalie. Auld is good, but is more a good backup than a starter 20-25 games tops

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, if Murray is going to make any moves in goal, it's best to make it sooner than later.

But, my gut feel is we're not making any changes in goal this season.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Well, if Murray is going to make any moves in goal, it's best to make it sooner than later.

I sure as Diddle hope you're wrong. I don't think my nervous system can handle a whole season of Martin Gerber.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

chat anyone?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I might hop in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DashRiprock wrote:I have a feeling that if you replace a goalie, you should do it sooner into the season than later. I can't see that bringing in a goalie at the deadline can help. Both the goalie and the team need to develop some chemistry and understand how the other plays.

You're right. We tried that once. Brought in a Leafs-killer at the deadline. I'm sure you all remember the rest.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
shabbs wrote:Well, if Murray is going to make any moves in goal, it's best to make it sooner than later.

I sure as Diddle hope you're wrong. I don't think my nervous system can handle a whole season of Martin Gerber.

At least Auld is in tonight. Maybe I'll make it through a period sober for once.

Wait, the game's on Sportsnet and I'm still too cheap to pony up for Center Ice.

Anyone know if Sopcast is up and running this season? We should have a Sopcast thread if so... <--- I'll post it tonight when/if I find out.

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

From Brucie Garrioch, Ohlund is on Bryan Murray's radar.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Ohlund, eh? I'll have to ask my Canucks fan about him.

Not that I put any stock in BooBoo.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens4thecup wrote:From Brucie Garrioch, Ohlund is on Bryan Murray's radar.

Really? Ohlund?
I'm not sure how I feel about that to be honest.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree Cronie. I don't know enough about Ohlund to make a determination. Is he really the answer?

- Unknown Author

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I agree Cronie. I don't know enough about Ohlund to make a determination. Is he really the answer?

Ohlund is kind of a middle of the road puck mover with a bit too high of a contract to swallow unless you are desparate IMO. Sure he is better than any puck mover we have but that is not saying much.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh, and Kaboominator was saying he's made of glass...
So, I'll assume Garrioch was fed BS; or I hope it's BS.

Cronenbergfan wrote:oh, and Kaboominator was saying he's made of glass...
So, I'll assume Garrioch was fed BS; or I hope it's BS.

One thing about Garrioch is that he will eat anything. I am sure he can't tell the difference between BS and chicken wings. It all tastes the same after the first 4 buckets. Like beer... YUM beer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum