GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auld to start tomorrow and most likely Saturday.

+12
beedub
PKC
Riprock
shabbs
mattshock
smash88
BigRig
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
PTFlea
SensGirl11
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I agree Cronie. I don't know enough about Ohlund to make a determination. Is he really the answer?

Ohlund is kind of a middle of the road puck mover with a bit too high of a contract to swallow unless you are desparate IMO. Sure he is better than any puck mover we have but that is not saying much.

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh, and Kaboominator was saying he's made of glass...
So, I'll assume Garrioch was fed BS; or I hope it's BS.

Cronenbergfan wrote:oh, and Kaboominator was saying he's made of glass...
So, I'll assume Garrioch was fed BS; or I hope it's BS.

One thing about Garrioch is that he will eat anything. I am sure he can't tell the difference between BS and chicken wings. It all tastes the same after the first 4 buckets. Like beer... YUM beer.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So you think Ohlund is better than Kuba? That isn't too bad is it? Kuba has 8 assists in 6 games so far.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:What is the likelihood one of these guys is moved this season?

Here goes...

Vesa Toskala -- possible (30/70), but unlikely, I think, especially to Ottawa. Only happens if TO is set on finishing last, which might be hard to sell in that market.
Kari Lehtonen -- possible (50/50), but would be a deadline deal as ATL will do everything they can to re-sign him before they move him (Pavelec is apparently very unhappy and wants out).
Marty Turco -- forget it.
Thomas Vokoun -- forget it.
Tim Thomas -- unlikely (10/90).
Manny Fernandez -- likely (40/60), but so expensive that he won't move until xmas.
Nikolai Khabibulin -- likely (70/30), but so expensive that he won't move until xmas.
Mikka Kiprusoff -- forget it.
Dawyne Roloson -- likely (70/30), if a taker can be found, but just another Gerber.
Niklas Backstrom -- possible (20/80), but would be a deadline deal. Harding is the goalie of the future in Minny, but I don't think he's there just yet.
Antero Nittymaki -- unlikely, Biron hasn't been consistent in Philly during his time there.
Manny Legace -- likely (80/20) if the Blues eventually tank as I expect they will, but would be a deadline deal, especially with Chris Mason currently injured.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:What is the likelihood one of these guys is moved this season?

Here goes...

Vesa Toskala -- possible (30/70), but unlikely, I think, especially to Ottawa. Only happens if TO is set on finishing last, which might be hard to sell in that market.
Kari Lehtonen -- possible (50/50), but would be a deadline deal as ATL will do everything they can to re-sign him before they move him (Pavelec is apparently very unhappy and wants out).
Manny Fernandez -- likely (40/60), but so expensive that he won't move until xmas.
Nikolai Khabibulin -- likely (70/30), but so expensive that he won't move until xmas.
Dawyne Roloson -- likely (70/30), if a taker can be found, but just another Gerber.
Niklas Backstrom -- possible (20/80), but would be a deadline deal. Harding is the goalie of the future in Minny, but I don't think he's there just yet.
Antero Nittymaki -- unlikely, Biron hasn't been consistent in Philly during his time there.
Manny Legace -- likely (80/20) if the Blues eventually tank as I expect they will, but would be a deadline deal, especially with Chris Mason currently injured.

*Sigh*
Not to mention with our goaltending situation where it is, teams are going to charging us through the face to pick up a piece we need.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'd say we're desperate, but then again, Vancouver doesn't have a lot of puck movers of their own to spare.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Here goes...

*Sigh*
Not to mention with our goaltending situation where it is, teams are going to charging us through the face to pick up a piece we need.

Yeah exactly.. The worse Gerber plays, the more we have to pay to get him out of here...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Fernandez is a very interesting option. He's been under the radar with his injuries last season.

Thomas should be capable to play for Boston until Rask is ready. I'm surprised his name hasn't come up more.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

mattbond wrote:Fernandez is a very interesting option. He's been under the radar with his injuries last season.

Thomas should be capable to play for Boston until Rask is ready. I'm surprised his name hasn't come up more.

I agree, to a point. Fernandez was stellar during his final years in Minny, but they do play a style of hockey that tends to flatter goalies' stats. On the other hand, Fernandez has been on the shelf for over a year and a half with a variety of leg injuries (he hasn't played regularly since February or March of 2007). At 4+ mil, he'd be a risky option, although I'd be willing to look at him more closely later in the season, after his price has dropped and he's shown that he can play consistently without getting injured.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

On the other hand, this could be an opportunistic "buy low" situation. His value is probably lower now than it would be if he were to play 20 games and perform this season.

Risk/reward scenario. If I'm Murray I make some phonecalls either way.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sold on Fernandez. It feels an awful lot like Gerber in terms of his ability to play now that he's changed teams. I don't know if I'd be willing nor do I know if Murray wants to stake his job on another Gerberesque move.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I'm not sold on Fernandez. It feels an awful lot like Gerber in terms of his ability to play now that he's changed teams. I don't know if I'd be willing nor do I know if Murray wants to stake his job on another Gerberesque move.

I was listening to McGuire this morning and he seemed to be of the opinion that Murray pushed Muckler to sign Gerber in the first place. That makes me a bit nervous. At the end of the day I agree with Clutch, I looked in the Swiss to Spanish dictionary and Gerber does actually translate to Fernandez....

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I assumed that was the case with Gerber being signed due to Murray actually. Lets just say I'm glad this is his last season with us and if we are stuck with him then it's only for one more season at the most.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:So you think Ohlund is better than Kuba? That isn't too bad is it? Kuba has 8 assists in 6 games so far.

I am of the opinion that Kuba's stats are a bit of an anomoly thus far. I haven't been unimpressed with him and his point totals are a pleasant surprise. When I watched the Florida game I saw what we are missing and his nickname is Jay Bow. Jumping into the play, unbelievable skater and great passer... But to your your point, I do believe that Ohlund is a better offensive defenseman than Kuba. I could be wrong...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think something has to be done for sure. Personally I think if we do pick up a Puck mover this is how I'd make room.

Step 1 - Richardson goes to Bingo and acts as an assistant Coach/player

Step 2 - Picard sits in the pressbox unless there's injuries and gets spot duty otherwise

Step 3 - Trade Schubie because he's a valuable asset that is wasted here in Ottawa

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think something has to be done for sure. Personally I think if we do pick up a Puck mover this is how I'd make room.

Step 1 - Richardson goes to Bingo and acts as an assistant Coach/player

Step 2 - Picard sits in the pressbox unless there's injuries and gets spot duty otherwise

Step 3 - Trade Schubie because he's a valuable asset that is wasted here in Ottawa

I agree whole heartedly with everything you said. On the point about Schubert, I think he is really frustrated right now. His interview yesterday he keeped talking about 'just being a professional'. To me he was trying real hard to be politically correct. I am not to sure he will be a Sen for long.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well you're no fun dude. How are we supposed to argue if you agree with everything Wink

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum