GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now?

+13
spader
Hoags
Vandelay
TheAvatar
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 52]

706What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:56 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

By "episodes 1-2-3" did you mean lV, V and VI or the crock of excrement prequels with Jar-Jar and little Anakin who couldn't act and teenage-angst Anakin who should have just been happy to be with Natalie Portman instead of pining for approval from Jules Winnfield?

707What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:03 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:By "episodes 1-2-3" did you mean lV, V and VI or the crock of excrement prequels with Jar-Jar and little Anakin who couldn't act and teenage-angst Anakin who should have just been happy to be with Natalie Portman instead of pining for approval from Jules Winnfield?

No I’m a geek enough that when I say 1-2-3 I mean The titled named 1-2-3 with jar jar and company. Those moves weren’t very good when they came out but I guess we were all happy to get more star wats but now that we’ve gotten more those ones look like the absolute garbage they are.

708What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:06 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I remember when 1 came out. I was really looking forward to it. Soooo disappointing.

709What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We ended up watching the first couple episodes of Dark. Very confusing. German production (dubbed) and hard to keep track of all the characters. Might have to go read a recap.

710What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm into the second season of Spartacus. Just a wild, fun show. Tons of death and boobs.

711What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, "Blood and Sand" quickly became "Boobs and Sand".

We're really enjoying S2 of Cardinal. Very good show.

712What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, and Dark is also very good. I wouldn't be surprised to see a US remake at some point in time. It's actually set in 2019 (the main plot point is a 33 year moon-sun cycle and the previous time frame is 1986, the Chernobyl disaster). So it would be perfect timing for a remake.

713What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, actually the Metonic Cycle is 19 years. German math.

714What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How about that Tiger Woods...he may be a despicable person, but I admire the fact that he stuck to it. It's been 4 and a half years since he was any good...to rehab for that long is impressive.

715What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:15 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:How about that Tiger Woods...he may be a despicable person, but I admire the fact that he stuck to it.  It's been 4 and a half years since he was any good...to rehab for that long is impressive.

How is he despicable?

716What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:How about that Tiger Woods...he may be a despicable person, but I admire the fact that he stuck to it.  It's been 4 and a half years since he was any good...to rehab for that long is impressive.

How is he despicable?

Right, sorry, it's OK to cheat on your wife and totally f up your family.

717What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

How is he despicable?

Right, sorry, it's OK to cheat on your wife and totally f up your family.

That was not right, but people make mistakes. I would not call him despicable for that.

718What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He did say "he *may* be" despicable. Technically he is correct.

719What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Back on topic, Jessica Jones S2 is out on Netflix. S1 was (arguably) the best of the Netflix Marvel adaptations. S2E1 wasn't quite up to that level but I'll see how it goes.

720What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also back is the formerly cancelled "Timeless". Speaking of which, I tried watching El Ministerio de Tiempo (a Spanish series which is somewhat similar -- in fact they tried suing the producers of Timeless). I gave up after less than one episode. You can't watch this one when you're putting around doing other stuff, unless you're fluent in Spanish. One character, especially, speaks so fast it'll make your head spin trying to keep up with the captions.

721What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm into Season 3 of the Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Each season is nice and short and filled with violence. I don't always know what's going on, but it's quite entertaining.

722What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I could never get into shows where the main characters are organized criminals. I realize I miss out on some of the best shows (Breaking Bad, SOA, etc.) but I just can't.

723What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 48 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I could never get into shows where the main characters are organized criminals. I realize I miss out on some of the best shows (Breaking Bad, SOA, etc.) but I just can't.

I totally get it. It is always a weird thing when the protagonists are horrible people. Sopranos was the same deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum