GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now?

+13
spader
Hoags
Vandelay
TheAvatar
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 52]

721What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm into Season 3 of the Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Each season is nice and short and filled with violence. I don't always know what's going on, but it's quite entertaining.

722What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I could never get into shows where the main characters are organized criminals. I realize I miss out on some of the best shows (Breaking Bad, SOA, etc.) but I just can't.

723What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:09 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I could never get into shows where the main characters are organized criminals. I realize I miss out on some of the best shows (Breaking Bad, SOA, etc.) but I just can't.

I totally get it. It is always a weird thing when the protagonists are horrible people. Sopranos was the same deal.

724What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:07 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, I'll be watching less garbage...canned my Rogers Cable today.

725What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A buddy of mine did that about a month ago. Went with an antenna and a Tablo.

I can't quite pull the trigger yet.

726What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:39 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:A buddy of mine did that about a month ago. Went with an antenna and a Tablo.

I can't quite pull the trigger yet.

I dunno what a Tablo is and haven't hooked up an antenna either. I might do that when the playoffs roll around to catch some of the action. Depending on what options are available for watching hockey come the fall, I might get cable again, but only as a last resort.

727What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A Tablo is a box that takes in an antenna input and then allowed you to watch OTA throughout your house. There are 2 and 4 tuner models allowing you to tune up to 2 or 4 channels at a time. By adding an external USB connected drive and paying for guide data ($6/month, yearly option available, used to be a lifetime option as well, not sure if that's still available) it becomes an OTA recorder. Not sure if you need the drive for pausing live tv or or can do that with built storage.

Tablo is made right here in Ottawa by a small local Kanata company.

728What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There are two main reasons I didn't get one. First, it has no HDMI outputs; everything is streamed using your home wifi. Not sure how well that works. Second, there is no generic web streaming available - for example, my wife loves TLC type shows, she if we cut the cord she would be fine with what you can stream on HGTV.ca, but this box won't let her do that.

Smaller third reason, of course, is cost.

729What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Have you checked your OTA reception possibilities? Try a paperclip, first. You should get CBC, TVO, Global, at the very least, plus some French channels. CJOH may be iffy, especially on the first floor. For under $40 you can get this one on Amazon.ca: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01MTVVTSY

It has both UHF and VHF, so CJOH should be fine. Mount it in the Attic and you will add CityTV to your lineup.

Alternate between Netflix, CraveTV and Prime, 4 months each, plus NHL during the regular season and you should have more than you'll ever need.

You can get unlimited internet for $50 from various providers, Ooma for $3/month for phone, if you still need a "land" line.

730What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:13 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have unlimited internet. Zero need for home phone. I don't really plan on mounting an antenna unless I get really desperate. I think I'll be able to stream anything I really want to see live, and then just download any show I want.

731What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't knock it to you try it. All it'll cost you is a paperclip. The picture quality will be better than anything you could ever stream.

732What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:39 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Don't knock it to you try it. All it'll cost you is a paperclip. The picture quality will be better than anything you could ever stream.

I've done it before. I have a fancy antenna I use when camping sometimes. There is nothing on Global/CTV/CityTV/CBC/Fox/NBC that I ever would want to watch, with the exception of the odd sporting event which I'll be able to stream.

733What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:18 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow. Did not realize the amazing MLB/NHL streaming apps available through reddit. Not only streaming any live game, but also replaying any game from this season? Wowzers. Yes please.

734What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Started watching Counterpart on CraveTV. Haven't gotten very far into it but very good so far.

735What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Watched the first three or four episodes of Ozark on Netflix. Right up my alley...really like it. Kind of got a bit of a Breaking Bad vibe to it.

736What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So how was The Humanity Bureau, Tim?

737What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:03 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Watched the first three or four episodes of Ozark on Netflix.  Right up my alley...really like it.  Kind of got a bit of a Breaking Bad vibe to it.

Yeah the ozark is really good. Can’t wait for the next season

Just saw Natalie Portman’s new movie Annihilation. Really good also. Amazing décors and very new take on the Alien genre.

738What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 49 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Started watching Lost in Space. Pretty big budget. Hope they didn't skimp on the writing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum