GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now?

+13
spader
Hoags
Vandelay
TheAvatar
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 39 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 52]

376What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I re-watched Blade Runner Saturday night and it's a Cussing masterpiece.  If you're not absolutely, 100% riveted to the final 30 minutes or so, check your pulse.
I think they are re-making that

377What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:40 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I re-watched Blade Runner Saturday night and it's a Cussing masterpiece.  If you're not absolutely, 100% riveted to the final 30 minutes or so, check your pulse.
I think they are re-making that

It's an official sequel, so I'm a little nervous, but I'll definitely see it.

378What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:14 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With Harison Ford?

379What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:With Harison Ford?

Yeah, he said no at first, then read the screenplay and agreed to be in it.

380What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

381What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Which version? I loved the theatrical release, even with the corny voice-over by Ford. Gave it that film noir feel. Then when it came out on DVD it was the "Director's Cut" where he removed the voice over, changed the ending (the theatrical ending left it up in the air how much time she had left).

382What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:With Harison Ford?

Yeah, he said no at first, then read the screenplay and agreed to be in it.

Well, I guess that answers *that* question; he can't be a replicant because, surely, they don't live to 70. I doubt that Sean Young would be in it (last thing I remember her in was Ace Ventura). So they'll probably say she died fairly young (not as young as the others).

"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes."

383What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Which version?  I loved the theatrical release, even with the corny voice-over by Ford.  Gave it that film noir feel.  Then when it came out on DVD it was the "Director's Cut" where he removed the voice over, changed the ending (the theatrical ending left it up in the air how much time she had left).

The final cut on blu ray. It was great, no voiceover, no car ride at the end. You should probably cover the other post as 'spoiler'

384What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Which version?  I loved the theatrical release, even with the corny voice-over by Ford.  Gave it that film noir feel.  Then when it came out on DVD it was the "Director's Cut" where he removed the voice over, changed the ending (the theatrical ending left it up in the air how much time she had left).

The film noir feel was to be further emphasised by casting Robert Mitchum in the lead. Even with Ford cast, he was to wear a fedora which was reconsidered because it was felt he would look too "Indiana Jones"-ish.

385What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

The final cut on blu ray.  It was great, no voiceover, no car ride at the end.  You should probably cover the other post as 'spoiler'

To each his own.

The film was dark enough with the eye gouging, Batty breaking Deckard's fingers, etc. that I didn't mind a little ray of sunshine at the end.

386What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And as for "spoilers", the film's got to be nearly 30 years old, top-10 sci fi of all time and if you haven't seen it by now it's not important to you.

387What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of spoilers, at a midnight showing of The Force Awakens a projector malfunction caused it to skip a large portion of the film right to the big spoilery part.

388What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't even say anything further about the Force Awakens. Please. I'm begging you.

389What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:51 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:I just watched all of the original 3 movies with my 6 yr old daughter. She loved 'em, and we're going to go to the new one sometime this coming week. I'm super-pumped.

I went to see the Force Awakens yesterday with my 6 year old daughter and she got really scared, she had seen the 3 original movies as well. Her 9 year old brother did turn to her and told her to suck it up but she did hold my arm for most of the movie.

Great movie, now we only have to wait until May 2017 to get some answers.

390What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Don't even say anything further about the Force Awakens.  Please.  I'm begging you.

I have given nothing away. If anything, this talk has made you more careful as it appears spoilers are everywhere.

391What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I just watched all of the original 3 movies with my 6 yr old daughter. She loved 'em, and we're going to go to the new one sometime this coming week. I'm super-pumped.

I went to see the Force Awakens yesterday with my 6 year old daughter and she got really scared, she had seen the 3 original movies as well. Her 9 year old brother did turn to her and told her to suck it up but she did hold my arm for most of the movie.

Great movie, now we only have to wait until May 2017 to get some answers.

She's seen the original 3 Star Wars (and only got scared when Han shot Greedo, because it surprised her), and has seen the first Hobbit movie. She used to get scared at some stuff but now seems OK. I told her if I take her, she'll need to be tough and sit through the whole thing, because I'd hate to have to go tell her to wait outside while Daddy finishes the movie. Laughing3

392What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't see this advertised anywhere, but a 90-minute Sherlock (Benedict Cummerbatch) holiday special is on tonight on PBS. It's set in the late 19th century (so it's gotta be a Moffat written episode, he did that a lot with Doctor Who).

393What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 26 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I didn't see this advertised anywhere, but a 90-minute Sherlock (Benedict Cummerbatch) holiday special is on tonight on PBS.  It's set in the late 19th century (so it's gotta be a Moffat written episode, he did that a lot with Doctor Who).

It's also in theaters

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 39 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum