GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now?

+13
spader
Hoags
Vandelay
TheAvatar
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 52]

1What Am I Watching Right now? Empty What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No Leftovers for another week.  Season finale will air on the 7th.  Bah!

Watched the pilot for Forever, a new show on ABC. Not bad.  Will set up the recording.

Last edited by wprager on Sat May 23, 2015 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

2What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:25 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Genie plays at 4, Milos at 9.

3What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Genie plays at 4, Milos at 9.

Whom is she playing? I'd read that she's not going to face a top-15 player until the semis (if she gets this far).

EDIT: Just looked up the match ups. Jankovic (ranked 9th) was ousted by Bencic (unranked). Genie plays Makarova (17th) and if she gets through would face either Azarenko (16th) or Krunic (unranked) in the quarters.

Lots of high-ranked players already out. Halep (2), Kvitova (3), Radwanska (4), Sharapova (5), Kerber (6), Ivanovic (8), Jankovic (9), Cibulkova (12), Safarova (14), Navarro (15).

That's 10 of the top-15 out, and 7 of the top 10. Wow.

4What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Downloaded the pilot for Chris Carter's "The After", a new Amazon exclusive. Haven't watched it yet.

BTW, even though this is an Amazon Original production I see no "legal" way to watch it in Canada. I suppose I could use my US DNS server since I already have an Amazon account (unlike Hulu/Vudu I was never required to provide a credit card with a US billing address). Haven't tried it.

You know why Canada is the world leader in piracy? It's because they make it damn hard/impossible to access stuff legally.

5What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Genie plays at 4, Milos at 9.

Genie is hot. Too hot.

6What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Genie is done.

7What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Too hot for court.

Finishes the year with the most Grand Slam wins.

8What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Milos done too. Not a great tourney for Canadian tennis players...

9What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Watched a bit of The After last night. Yikes, pretty bad. Acting was definitely subpar. Story could be interesting but I didn't get far enough info it to talk day one way or another.

10What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:25 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Milos done too. Not a great tourney for Canadian tennis players...

Milos REALLY has to work on his return of serve. The guy he was playing didn't even have that great a serve, and Milos couldn't break him to save his life. A couple breaks in there and Milos wins that game. It was hard to watch his returns....

11What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Milos done too. Not a great tourney for Canadian tennis players...

Milos REALLY has to work on his return of serve.  The guy he was playing didn't even have that great a serve, and Milos couldn't break him to save his life.  A couple breaks in there and Milos wins that game.  It was hard to watch his returns....

I thought he was starting to come around at Wimbledon but you'll notice his matches have a lot of "7s" in them which is a symptom of his weak post-serve game. The 7s indicate that he has the ability to outlast opponents, though, and he's demonstrated the ability to fix his game (Wimbledon) so he has better days ahead.

12What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:44 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Milos has a wicked forehand too, but the backhand is lacking. They were saying it throughout his last US Open match...he needs to step around more often to go to his forehand. If he rounds out his game a little more, he's got big things ahead (maybe bigger than Genie, on-the-court-success wise)...His serve is lethal.

13What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

*Finally* got through the first episode of Outlander. It think we got through it in 4 tries. It starts really slow. Pace picked considerably up once she time traveled back to the 18th century. I think we'll stick with this one.

14What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sons Of Anarchy Season 7 starts Tuesday... hell Diddle yeah.

What Am I Watching Right now? 82f40317d92e614563c005172b3985ef

Final Ride.

15What Am I Watching Right now? Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:35 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sons of Anarchy is well past it's best-before date. I'll watch the final season though, just because I've come this far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 52]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum