GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your most pissed off moment watching the Sens

+12
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
wprager
PKC
Urkie
Bramlet07
KidKarlsson
SensHulk
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
sens4win
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have 2:

During the Stanley Cup Finals vs the Ducks. Game 2 I believe, Ray Emery was literally doing everything he could do keep the game scoreless and we knew that despite his most heroic efforts, the Ducks would score and that would be that. Sure enough, with little time left, the Ducks score and all I saw was red. I called them all losers, chokers, I was pissed beyond all belief - maybe not as much with them as with losing.

2.For some reason I got MONUMENTALLY pissed when we hit the 7th loss in a row vs Tampa Bay the year after the Cup Finals. I had to leave the room, go upstairs and beat the snot out of a pillow. I remember Mel getting pissed that I got so pissed, but I needed to do it. I was enraged. Your most pissed off moment watching the Sens 932508

Over to you...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hearing Dean Brown compare Wade Redden to Ray Bourque.

Both home games vs The Pens when I realized Heatley and Spezza are not what they seemed to most Sens fans and the city of Ottawa. Those two packed it in and lets guys like Stillman, Foligno, and Brian Lee do everything they could to make things respectable, which it wasnt. Gerber stood on his head, Phillips and A Train gave it there all, the role players did all they could, and 14.5 million of gutless, worthless play was front and center.

That was when I knew The Sens were in a lot of trouble and it is just changing around now.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

listening to tsn say how bad of a captain Alfie is when he ''shot'' ( dumbed ) the puck and it hit neidermyer

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sens4win wrote:listening to tsn say how bad of a captain Alfie is when he ''shot'' ( dumbed ) the puck and it hit neidermyer

Which reminds me of that shining moment when that dip$hit Gary Bettman handed that granola-eating piece of garbage Alfie's Conn Smythe.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Game 7 aginst the Devils in the ECF. I guess I was more dissapointed to be honest.

Straight up anger would probably be the famous Pominville goal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Both home games vs The Pens when I realized Heatley and Spezza are not what they seemed to most Sens fans and the city of Ottawa. Those two packed it in and lets guys like Stillman, Foligno, and Brian Lee do everything they could to make things respectable, which it wasnt. Gerber stood on his head, Phillips and A Train gave it there all, the role players did all they could, and 14.5 million of gutless, worthless play was front and center.

That was when I knew The Sens were in a lot of trouble and it is just changing around now.

I should make a third one for myself.

Part one:The 15+ home games I went to last year where Dany Heatley - who was my favourite player - floated around like he couldn't have possibly cared less. I wondered why he was doing that, thought he must be injured and was toughing it out.

Part two:Boy, was I wrong. Dany Heatley demands a trade.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Redden bonehead play that lost us the series against NJ

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Both home games vs The Pens when I realized Heatley and Spezza are not what they seemed to most Sens fans and the city of Ottawa. Those two packed it in and lets guys like Stillman, Foligno, and Brian Lee do everything they could to make things respectable, which it wasnt. Gerber stood on his head, Phillips and A Train gave it there all, the role players did all they could, and 14.5 million of gutless, worthless play was front and center.

I should make a third one for myself.

Part one:The 15+ home games I went to last year where Dany Heatley - who was my favourite player - floated around like he couldn't have possibly cared less. I wondered why he was doing that, thought he must be injured and was toughing it out.

Part two:Boy, was I wrong. Dany Heatley demands a trade.

I think that's when I gained a lot of credability. I said that's what was going to happen and it did. I knew what was going on and a lot of certain things happend between that, re hab, and getting shipped to Russia.

People might not have liked hearing at the time and I drove it down people's throats, but I was right about a lot of that.

That Pens series was the most embarassed I ever was as a fan.

Last edited by N4L on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ricard Persson nailing Domi into the boards for a 5-minute major penalty that changed the entire game (and series) against the maple leafs. At that moment, Sens were up 3-2 in the series, at home with a 2-0 lead, seemingly in full control.

Then the leafs scored twice in that major penalty, and never looked back. I still can't live down the fact that because Chara got injured, Persson got in and in his few minutes, cost Ottawa the victory.

Phillips/Emery gaffe in game 5 of the cup finals is up there too, but we were already losing that one....

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

For some reason what comes to mind was being at the home opener last year vs the Red WIngs and seeing Gerber's typical collapse after strong play that cost us the game. Man was I pissed...and drunk lol..

Secondly, it really grinded my gears watching the Sens/Penguins game recently of a Pittsburg feed and having to listen to the biased commentators....made me wanna puke

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
I think that's when I gained a lot of credability. I said that's what was going to happen and it did. I knew what was going on and a lot of certain things happend between that, re hab, and getting shipped to Russia.

People might not have liked hearing at the time and I drove it down people's throats, but I was right about a lot of that.

That Pens serious was the most embarassed I ever was as a fan.

Yeah, you did actually.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
That Pens serious was the most embarassed I ever was as a fan.

What a brutal display by our most calibre players. That year turned out to be an embarassment, that was the most expected sweep ever. However, the Alfie chant at the end of the series was beautiful.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

The whole series against Buffalo in 2006.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Fish12 wrote:For some reason what comes to mind was being at the home opener last year vs the Red WIngs and seeing Gerber's typical collapse after strong play that cost us the game. Man was I pissed...and drunk lol..

Secondly, it really grinded my gears watching the Sens/Penguins game recently of a Pittsburg feed and having to listen to the biased commentators....made me wanna puke
YES i hate the commentators, like we do one good play and they counter with some random thing that they did ok

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum