GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert pissed at being moved to forward

+6
SensGirl11
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
smash88
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Schubert pissed at being moved to forward Empty Schubert pissed at being moved to forward Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:41 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

GOTEBORG, Sweden - Craig Hartsburg made his first unpopular decision as coach of the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday morning.
He told Christoph Schubert that his position this season would be as a forward on the fourth line, not as one of the team's six defenceman.
The decision so upset Schubert that he slid out of the Scandanavium after the team's practice without talking to the media.
Hartsburg said he wasn't surprised that Schubert was upset but said he has to accept his role.
"He came in to prove that he's a full-time defenceman, so he's disappointed," said Hartsburg.
"I understand that. But he's on our team to play a role and contribute, and I think he understands that.
"This is where he fits best after camp."
The winner in this is Alexandre Picard, who will slid into the top six with Brian Lee as his partner.
Chris Phillips and Anton Volchenkov will form one pair, while Filip Kuba and Jason Smith form the second.
Luke Richardson will be the seventh defenceman.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Jebus! Get rid of Richardson... This is ridiculous.. Put Shubert as a defenceman.. Are you really going to tell me that Richardson deserves that spot over Shubert?? As if!

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:Jebus! Get rid of Richardson... This is ridiculous.. Put Shubert as a defenceman.. Are you really going to tell me that Richardson deserves that spot over Shubert?? As if!
I'm totally with you, but the starting d is as follows:

Phillips/A-Train
SMith/Kuba
Picard/Lee

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

But Richardson is the 7th d-man, meaning injury call-up. He's sitting in the box for games. At least Schubert will play. Trade him and McAmmond and get Khabi.

So what does this mean then for our forwards? If Schubert is playing at forward, who is the odd man out? Dean I hope. Don't want to see Foligno or Winchester or Bass sit out.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
smash88 wrote:Jebus! Get rid of Richardson... This is ridiculous.. Put Shubert as a defenceman.. Are you really going to tell me that Richardson deserves that spot over Shubert?? As if!
I'm totally with you, but the starting d is as follows:

Phillips/A-Train
SMith/Kuba
Picard/Lee

Yeah I understand that... In a way I guess it's better.. So I guess if he plays up front.. one of Shubert, McAmmond or Donovan will be a healthy scratch...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boo hoo hoo. Hartsburg is a former great NHL D-man who's best season was an amazing 77 points. He would know if Schubert's good enough - and I think it was plain for all of us to see that he was not.

Complain some more Schubert, it'll make it easier on all of us when you're traded.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Boo hoo hoo. Hartsburg is a former great NHL D-man who's best season was an amazing 77 points. He would know if Schubert's good enough - and I think it was plain for all of us to see that he was not.

Complain some more Schubert, it'll make it easier on all of us when you're traded.

Yeah, I didn't get to see him play in the exhibition matches, was he really that bad?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, obviously he didn't sell Hartsburg on the idea of him being a full-time D. He's gotta know his role and accept it. If he Wing Dang Doodle and moans too much... Murray will be picking up the phone...

EDIT: Wing Dang Doodle? Wing Dang Doodle? Really?

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hysterical laughter at the filter.)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Boo hoo hoo. Hartsburg is a former great NHL D-man who's best season was an amazing 77 points. He would know if Schubert's good enough - and I think it was plain for all of us to see that he was not.

Yeah, I didn't get to see him play in the exhibition matches, was he really that bad?

He really was. Not horrible, but just a tiny notch above Brendan Bell.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Well, obviously he didn't sell Hartsburg on the idea of him being a full-time D. He's gotta know his role and accept it. If he Wing Dang Doodle and moans too much... Murray will be picking up the phone...

EDIT: Wing Dang Doodle? Wing Dang Doodle? Really?

LOL. There's a post somewhere that has to be the funniest ever. It's full of those censored words.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

He really was. Not horrible, but just a tiny notch above Brendan Bell.

Oh well... It's too bad.. I like Shubert but I guess Hartsburg knows a little better than I.. So I guess he's not going to be wearing a Sens uni for much longer...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm going to have to agree with you here. It should be Schubert 7th and Richardson 8th, Richardson is great to have on the team as a leader and veteran defenseman that can teach our young lads the way. I can see why Schubert is upset, but at the same time, he should be happy to even have a spot on the team, we can just as easily ship him out of here...which at this point, is probably what he would prefer.

Expect him to be moved by the end of the week.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

DashRiprock wrote:But Richardson is the 7th d-man, meaning injury call-up. He's sitting in the box for games. At least Schubert will play. Trade him and McAmmond and get Khabi.

So what does this mean then for our forwards? If Schubert is playing at forward, who is the odd man out? Dean I hope. Don't want to see Foligno or Winchester or Bass sit out.

I don't think that Deano should be the odd man out personally. I believe he's at 100% again, and when he's at 100% he's quite the versatile player, with a lot of upside in many aspects of the game. I think he's important to our organization right now, and with his pricetag, it would be silly of us to move him out of here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

I'm going to have to agree with you here. It should be Schubert 7th and Richardson 8th, Richardson is great to have on the team as a leader and veteran defenseman that can teach our young lads the way. I can see why Schubert is upset, but at the same time, he should be happy to even have a spot on the team, we can just as easily ship him out of here...which at this point, is probably what he would prefer.

But then he'd never play (Richardson will be in the press box). I have a feeling Schubert will get into the lineup at forward somehow (someone waived)?

You don't trade 187 hits and 30 points and a guy that can play forward or a little defense for a 3rd rounder or whatever. Make room for him is my opinion.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

But then he'd never play (Richardson will be in the press box). I have a feeling Schubert will get into the lineup at forward somehow (someone waived)?

You don't trade 187 hits and 30 points and a guy that can play forward or a little defense for a 3rd rounder or whatever. Make room for him is my opinion.

Yeah exactly, the sens are in a tough position with this one...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum