GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert pissed at being moved to forward

+6
SensGirl11
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
smash88
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

DashRiprock wrote:But Richardson is the 7th d-man, meaning injury call-up. He's sitting in the box for games. At least Schubert will play. Trade him and McAmmond and get Khabi.

So what does this mean then for our forwards? If Schubert is playing at forward, who is the odd man out? Dean I hope. Don't want to see Foligno or Winchester or Bass sit out.

I don't think that Deano should be the odd man out personally. I believe he's at 100% again, and when he's at 100% he's quite the versatile player, with a lot of upside in many aspects of the game. I think he's important to our organization right now, and with his pricetag, it would be silly of us to move him out of here.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
smash88 wrote:Jebus! Get rid of Richardson... This is ridiculous.. Put Shubert as a defenceman.. Are you really going to tell me that Richardson deserves that spot over Shubert?? As if!

I'm going to have to agree with you here. It should be Schubert 7th and Richardson 8th, Richardson is great to have on the team as a leader and veteran defenseman that can teach our young lads the way. I can see why Schubert is upset, but at the same time, he should be happy to even have a spot on the team, we can just as easily ship him out of here...which at this point, is probably what he would prefer.

Expect him to be moved by the end of the week.

But then he'd never play (Richardson will be in the press box). I have a feeling Schubert will get into the lineup at forward somehow (someone waived)?

You don't trade 187 hits and 30 points and a guy that can play forward or a little defense for a 3rd rounder or whatever. Make room for him is my opinion.

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
smash88 wrote:Jebus! Get rid of Richardson... This is ridiculous.. Put Shubert as a defenceman.. Are you really going to tell me that Richardson deserves that spot over Shubert?? As if!

I'm going to have to agree with you here. It should be Schubert 7th and Richardson 8th, Richardson is great to have on the team as a leader and veteran defenseman that can teach our young lads the way. I can see why Schubert is upset, but at the same time, he should be happy to even have a spot on the team, we can just as easily ship him out of here...which at this point, is probably what he would prefer.

Expect him to be moved by the end of the week.

But then he'd never play (Richardson will be in the press box). I have a feeling Schubert will get into the lineup at forward somehow (someone waived)?

You don't trade 187 hits and 30 points and a guy that can play forward or a little defense for a 3rd rounder or whatever. Make room for him is my opinion.

Yeah exactly, the sens are in a tough position with this one...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

exactly!

After doing some research on Hartsburg, if he truly thinks Schubie isn't cut out for a D spot full-time, between Craig and Murray, I trust their judgment. Smile

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:exactly!

After doing some research on Hartsburg, if he truly thinks Schubie isn't cut out for a D spot full-time, between Craig and Murray, I trust their judgment. Smile

Yeah, looks though now like they will probably just trade him... they need to get rid of one of those guys anyway...

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Boo hoo hoo. Hartsburg is a former great NHL D-man who's best season was an amazing 77 points. He would know if Schubert's good enough - and I think it was plain for all of us to see that he was not.

Complain some more Schubert, it'll make it easier on all of us when you're traded.
Schubert looked awful in pre-season.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:Boo hoo hoo. Hartsburg is a former great NHL D-man who's best season was an amazing 77 points. He would know if Schubert's good enough - and I think it was plain for all of us to see that he was not.

Complain some more Schubert, it'll make it easier on all of us when you're traded.

Did he only play defense? or did they play him at forward too?

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

With all the injuries on D I'm thinking that St. Louis might be interested. For a D-man that can play wing, has a hard boomer shot, has solid hits and is signed cheap can fetch us a 2nd rounder in 2009.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Just D.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Just D.

Well, then at least they gave him a shot... Was Picard better? or was it simply because he's on a one-way contract and they didn't want to send him down?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
Well, then at least they gave him a shot... Was Picard better? or was it simply because he's on a one-way contract and they didn't want to send him down?

Picard was hurt all the way through with a groin pull, but he decided to play the first game anyway -and was average at best. Then he sat out the next 3 games and came back against Montreal and was good. Hartsburg must see a ton of potential in him, or Picard would be the one in the pressbox and Schubert would be on D.

Just shows you how uninspired Harsburg was at seeing Schubert and Bell.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Picard was hurt all the way through with a groin pull, but he decided to play the first game anyway -and was average at best. Then he sat out the next 3 games and came back against Montreal and was good. Hartsburg must see a ton of potential in him, or Picard would be the one in the pressbox and Schubert would be on D.

Well, Picard does have a ton of potential.

As for Schubert I thought he was even worse than Richardson. He just wasn't very good and should realize if he wants to play in the NHL, it's going to be at forward.

I still say lets trade him and a 3rd for Jokinen.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

As for Schubert I thought he was even worse than Richardson. He just wasn't very good and should realize if he wants to play in the NHL, it's going to be at forward.

Well if Shubert was worse than Richardson then I don't want Shubert coming even close to defence... LOL

I've heard some good things about Picard, but that he also hasn't hit full potential and there are rumblings that he won't.. I just hope for the team's sake they aren't making the wrong choice

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Well if Shubert was worse than Richardson then I don't want Shubert coming even close to defence... LOL

I've heard some good things about Picard, but that he also hasn't hit full potential and there are rumblings that he won't.. I just hope for the team's sake they aren't making the wrong choice
Picard had 22 points two season ago. He's got great potential. I totally think he'll perform well in front of his family and friends too. He's got everything to gain and has a really good outlook about things.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Well Schubert will be in teh lineup against Frolunda on teh 4th line.

Donovan and McCammond will sit.

The 4th line will be: Ruutu-Bass-Schubert ~ Not too bad if you ask me.

Picard's time to shine

The decision to move Schubert to the top line means Gatineau native Alex Picard — obtained by the Senators in the Andrej Meszaros deal with Tampa Bay last month — will get his chance to play full-time minutes. Right now, he's being paired with rookie Brian Lee, behind the veteran combos of Chris Phillips-Anton Volchenkov and Jason Smith-Filip Kuba. "That’s what I worked for all camp, all summer, to have a main spot on the blue line on an NHL team," said Picard, who battled a groin injury for most of training camp. "I’m 23 years old. I’ve been up and down throughout my career. I think this is the year that I have to prove myself and do a consistent job on the blue line. That’s only going to help me become a good player."

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Picard had 22 points two season ago. He's got great potential. I totally think he'll perform well in front of his family and friends too. He's got everything to gain and has a really good outlook about things.

I hope so... I do agree that he definitely says all of the right things, but I've never seen him play so i'll reserve judgment until after a few regular season games have gone by...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:Well Schubert will be in teh lineup against Frolunda on teh 4th line.

Donovan and McCammond will sit.

The 4th line will be: Ruutu-Bass-Schubert ~ Not too bad if you ask me.

Picard's time to shine

The decision to move Schubert to the top line means Gatineau native Alex Picard — obtained by the Senators in the Andrej Meszaros deal with Tampa Bay last month — will get his chance to play full-time minutes. Right now, he's being paired with rookie Brian Lee, behind the veteran combos of Chris Phillips-Anton Volchenkov and Jason Smith-Filip Kuba. "That’s what I worked for all camp, all summer, to have a main spot on the blue line on an NHL team," said Picard, who battled a groin injury for most of training camp. "I’m 23 years old. I’ve been up and down throughout my career. I think this is the year that I have to prove myself and do a consistent job on the blue line. That’s only going to help me become a good player."

See I like that 4th line alot better than with Donovan or McAmmond... I wish Shubert would just embrace playing forward... It would solve alot of problems.. They definitely need to get rid of someone though...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Pittsburgh will be without Whitney and Gonchar for a long time - they might need some help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum