GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I think J-Bo's about to get moved

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cohen, the Panthers owner, has now apparently told Martin to go ahead and deal Blouwmeester.

There is tons of heat to rumours involving Ottawa and Philly - with now the Flyers in the lead to land him (for Randy Jones and Lupul).

I don't really know what changed Cohen's mind, but the chances of a team re-signing J-Bo is slim at best. The economics of the NHL are in fully swing 'doom and gloom' mode, so there will be precious few that can afford a 6-7 million dollar D-man.

Speaking to a couple of Panther fans in private, they feel that by this time next week Blow with be gone.

Now Marion Gaborik's stock couldn't possibly be any lower - especially with the economic climate. Minny's reluctance to trade him in the summer may cost them big time. But there's always someone willing to overpay for these flashy, injury prone players.

2I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Where is Anaheim in all of this? Wouldn't they seem like a likely destination for Bouwmeester? Niedermayer isn't likely to be back, who knows if they'll re-sign Beauchemin, and a D-corps that starts with the names Pronger and Bouwmeester would be almost as good as what they've got now (if not better)

3I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wow!

Well, I'll just assume that Murray's been outbid...and quite frankly, we need a solution to our lack of 2nd, 3rd and 4th line scoring is a more pressing need imho.

4I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:41 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:wow!

Well, I'll just assume that Murray's been outbid...and quite frankly, we need a solution to our lack of 2nd, 3rd and 4th line scoring is a more pressing need imho.

4th line is fine once McAmmond is back. He and Donovan are having great years and work well together.

2nd and 3rd lines however, are a completely different story.

5I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:Where is Anaheim in all of this? Wouldn't they seem like a likely destination for Bouwmeester? Niedermayer isn't likely to be back, who knows if they'll re-sign Beauchemin, and a D-corps that starts with the names Pronger and Bouwmeester would be almost as good as what they've got now (if not better)

No cap space, no tradeable assets (maybe Ryan), but still. No room.

6I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:wow!

4th line is fine once McAmmond is back. He and Donovan are having great years and work well together.

2nd and 3rd lines however, are a completely different story.

I actually don't mind line 3. I think the issue here is that we have the most unbelievably good 3rd and 4th liners - then a massive gap where the 2nd line should be.

7I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well put Heater. and the more I look at it, it's true, our 2nd line is, well poo poo!

Maybe we should all assume Sundin and Bow aren't coming...
What does that leave? or rather, WHO does that leave?

8I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jones and Lupul combined make more than Bouwmeester. I suppose Florida could add a forward to cut their costs.

Until I see a deal that shows Florida saving significant money while acquiring at least one NHL player, I won't believe it.

9I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:56 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:well put Heater. and the more I look at it, it's true, our 2nd line is, well poo poo!

Maybe we should all assume Sundin and Bow aren't coming...
What does that leave? or rather, WHO does that leave?

Nobody...and hopefully that means a rebuild.

10I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:56 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Jones and Lupul combined make more than Bouwmeester. I suppose Florida could add a forward to cut their costs.

Until I see a deal that shows Florida saving significant money while acquiring at least one NHL player, I won't believe it.

Definitely have to agree with this.

11I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:04 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Jones and Lupul combined make more than Bouwmeester. I suppose Florida could add a forward to cut their costs.

I don't know about that. A year ago, Lupul's name was mud, and I'm sure that that hasn't been totally forgotten. And then he signed a giant contract (4+ x 4). He might be harder to move than people think.

Still, if it's Lupul/Jones vs. Vermette/Lee/1st, I could see how we've losing in the battle for JBo.

12I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

I don't know about that. A year ago, Lupul's name was mud, and I'm sure that that hasn't been totally forgotten. And then he signed a giant contract (4+ x 4). He might be harder to move than people think.

Still, if it's Lupul/Jones vs. Vermette/Lee/1st, I could see how we've losing in the battle for JBo.

At first that signing looked like a steal, now it's kinda...too high.

13I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm still of the opinion with Bow like Sundin...Until ANYTHING is announced concretely, I'll just assume it's a LOT of hot air and red herrings.

14I think J-Bo's about to get moved Empty Re: I think J-Bo's about to get moved Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:12 pm

rooneypoo wrote:

I don't. Jones isn't anything special and will most likely top out as a 2nd line D man at most, and Lupul isn't much better than Vermette, and certainly not as versatile. If I am Martin, especially considering his man crush on Vermie, I take the Sens package without a 2nd thought. The salary coming back in the Sens deal is much better too.

Lupul and Jones to Florida makes no sense. I doubt this has any legs whatsoever. If it goes past January 1 and teams are allowed to negotiate with Bow, the price goes way up. In that case, I could see Edmonton offering something Gagner and Chorney. Which would be fine, then they could ship us Gilbert or Vishnovsky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum