GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette moved from top line...

+5
smash88
wprager
SensGirl11
mattshock
Cronie
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Vermette moved from top line... Empty Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to Sportsnet.ca; Vermette has been moved from the top line and taking his place is none other than...*drumroll*

Nick Foligno.

www.sportsnet.ca

2Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:31 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

HA!! I just posted on the HB forums that they should do this, before I read this.

*Count it!

OK, now that I'm done patting myself on the back, which line are they sliding Vermette onto? Third? But then who gets bumped from that line? You have to put Vermette with Kelly, but you want Neil and Ruutu together... can't have it all I guess.

3Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:42 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cronenbergfan wrote:According to Sportsnet.ca; Vermette has been moved from the top line and taking his place is none other than...*drumroll*

Nick Foligno.

www.sportsnet.ca

It should be Deano, IMO.

4Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, I would think with Ruutu likely get handed a suspension (who knows how long considering he elbowed Maxi-pad) so Bass (I hope) gets the call and takes a spot either on the third or 4th, depending on where Vermette goes.

5Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:44 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

mattshock wrote:HA!! I just posted on the HB forums that they should do this, before I read this.

*Count it!

OK, now that I'm done patting myself on the back, which line are they sliding Vermette onto? Third? But then who gets bumped from that line? You have to put Vermette with Kelly, but you want Neil and Ruutu together... can't have it all I guess.

Vermette should be moved to Florida for Stillman. At least Stillman can put up the numbers...I can't believe we chose Vermette over him...can't believe it...BARF!

6Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:HA!! I just posted on the HB forums that they should do this, before I read this.

*Count it!

I'd tell him to ride the stationary bike for a couple of days and bring up Zubov. I'm done sticking up for him. Yes, the team played badly last night, but Spezza was still trying. Vermette looked like he didn't know what to do, and he failed covering for Phillips on the first goal.

7Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:45 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, I would think with Ruutu likely get handed a suspension (who knows how long considering he elbowed Maxi-pad) so Bass (I hope) gets the call and takes a spot either on the third or 4th, depending on where Vermette goes.

I want him GONE ASAP...him and Kelly...amongst a few others.

8Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:47 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Vermette is definitely looking like our most likely-to-be-traded player.

Not fitting in on the top-6 and being paid to do so. Still young, so another team might take a chance on him.

Also, I miss Stillman too.

9Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:According to Sportsnet.ca; Vermette has been moved from the top line and taking his place is none other than...*drumroll*

Nick Foligno.

www.sportsnet.ca

Geez, didn't expect that....

10Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hopefully other teams haven't noticed that he just isn't panning out as a top six :D

- Unknown Author

11Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I think both Vermette and Kelly could fetch us someone GOOD.
Throw in a decent pick (2nd or SJ's 1st) and we could have some bargaining power, RIGHT NOW,at the deadline or much closer to it, I don't know...

12Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good move. Foligno's being destroyed on the 4th line with Donovan and McAmmond. He's top line material. It's a step up from Vermette IMO.

Now I still will go on record as saying that Alfie up there is what should be done, but at least Hartsburg is thinking.

13Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:07 pm

504Heater wrote:Good move. Foligno's being destroyed on the 4th line with Donovan and McAmmond. He's top line material. It's a step up from Vermette IMO.

Now I still will go on record as saying that Alfie up there is what should be done, but at least Hartsburg is thinking.

Why should Alfi be moved up there when we are getting production from Fisher and Winchester now? Why screw up a line that is working, and working well. 2, 7 million dollar players SHOULD NOT need another guy to get them going.

14Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:10 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

How come Foligno's getting a chance on the top line when he's a -100? We need a defensively sound guy on that line. I really think that Deano is that guy, I say you give him a chance before you give Foligno the chance...am I wrong? Deano can skate like the wind, he can score when given the chance, and he's very defensively sound...it only makes sense to me that he's the guy...unless I'm missing something...I don't think so though.

15Vermette moved from top line... Empty Re: Vermette moved from top line... Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:14 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:How come Foligno's getting a chance on the top line when he's a -100? We need a defensively sound guy on that line. I really think that Deano is that guy, I say you give him a chance before you give Foligno the chance...am I wrong? Deano can skate like the wind, he can score when given the chance, and he's very defensively sound...it only makes sense to me that he's the guy...unless I'm missing something...I don't think so though.

Your top line is there to score, not to play defense. Now, they have to be defensivly responsivble, but why do you need someone who has defensive tendancies to take responsibility for players who should be playing on both sides of the puck anyways.

Does Zettiberg or Datsyuk play with defensive guys? Does Alfi? Does Hossa? Do any of the top guys in the league play with guys who are defensivly responsible, no, because the top guys in the league are defensivily resposible and produce at the same time.

Look at Perry and Getzlaf, they both get their points, but defense does suffer from it and their offense doesnt suffer because of theit defense. We have 2 of the highest paid guys in the league playing on that top line, they should be doing it all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum